AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Re-injured quad - 4 to 6 weeks - 11/4

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I’m really honest.....last year, a better club sees that Ridley and Gleeson are playing for the same spot and quickly identifies that Gleeson is now either depth or an asset for trade.

Ridley was already past him at the start of last year and we slowed down his development by sending him back to the VFL.

We really have never got the hang of the whole list thing - management, development, turnover etc.

I think Callum Wilkie is more underrated. He's as good as Ridley with about 1% of the fanfare that Ridley gets
bit different players, Wilkie doesn’t have the marking ability of Ridley. Ridleys only receiving all this praise because he’s playing so well for a 15-20 game backman and sort of burst onto the scene and it doesn’t take much for media personalities to start talking up players (you can already tell Bruce is going to cream himself over Draper). When really, most of us supporters knew he should’ve been in the team long ago.

He's a good player but Ridley better with half the games played.
Nah, not really. This is exactly my point.
bit different players, Wilkie doesn’t have the marking ability of Ridley. Ridleys only receiving all this praise because he’s playing so well for a 15-20 game backman and sort of burst onto the scene and it doesn’t take much for media personalities to start talking up players (you can already tell Bruce is going to cream himself over Draper). When really, most of us supporters knew he should’ve been in the team long ago.
Wilkie is a very good mark. Guy should be in the AA team at this point IMO

Nah, not really. This is exactly my point.

Wilkie is a very good mark. Guy should be in the AA team at this point IMO
Averaging 3 marks a game under 1 contested mark. Ridley has taken 51 marks this year, 12 contested. Wilkie has taken 23, 4 contested. Ridley well ahead of wilkie in all aus contention and even he will struggle to get near that side with the amount of backs having excellent years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I’m really honest.....last year, a better club sees that Ridley and Gleeson are playing for the same spot and quickly identifies that Gleeson is now either depth or an asset for trade.

Ridley was already past him at the start of last year and we slowed down his development by sending him back to the VFL.

We really have never got the hang of the whole list thing - management, development, turnover etc.

Its not even “I told you so”. Go back to last year and everybody was mystified by the treatment of Ridley.

This *in club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back