Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

******* love the Frog. Another excellent game today.

Is he our best young player? Maybe Wood?

Anyone else catch his jumper logo grab after his goal in the first?

Yeah, it's been mentioned a few times. (And of course by a few, I mean a few hundred.)

Saw Josh Bruce do similar in the game on Friday night and I was like "Whoa, dude is passionate about his chocolate milk." Then I got to thinking about his dad, Ken, and remembered that madness runs in the family.

But then when Froggy did the same thing today, I soon got it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

060517_photos_7.jpg
060517_photos_21.jpg

18222204_1725005254191423_7868263338692121035_n.jpg

Yeah, it's been mentioned a few times. (And of course by a few, I mean a few hundred.)

Saw Josh Bruce do similar in the game on Friday night and I was like "Whoa, dude is passionate about his chocolate milk." Then I got to thinking about his dad, Ken, and remembered that madness runs in the family.

But then when Froggy did the same thing today, I soon got it.
You mean 'choggy' milk, right?

Goal kicking mids looking good for the future. Always has looked clean, from the first day in Geelong. Looking forward to seeing his career with us.

Interested to know where people think his ceiling is.

Still only 21, very good inside, but also one of our best kicks going inside 50 according to the statistics and Ben Brown on AFL360 the other night. Has the ability to rack up the pill, kick goals and his running ability seems to be improving all the time. How good can he be? Cunnington level? Or maybe better?

Interested to know where people think his ceiling is.

Still only 21, very good inside, but also one of our best kicks going inside 50 according to the statistics and Ben Brown on AFL360 the other night. Has the ability to rack up the pill, kick goals and his running ability seems to be improving all the time. How good can he be? Cunnington level? Or maybe better?
I don't think there is any reason to doubt he can't reach that level, and higher, however I often recoil from comparisons because they tend to mean different things to different people.

The first thing that comes to mind with this one, for example, is that they're very different types of players. Yes, they both play at the coalface, but they have different attributes. Not least, Froggy has a little turn of pace to get clear, has more energy to him generally, and is probably a better kick. He spreads and hustles better too, I think.

IF you're going to go for comparisons, it'd have to be outside the club I think, and possibly with someone no longer playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back