Past #15: Paul Ahern - delisted after 24 NM games/6 NM goals - thanks Pauly

Remove this Banner Ad

051118_G14.jpg
051118_G13.jpg

Big call but...

Paul Ahern is the future of NMFC. Get this bloke fit and we have an awesome midfield. He could be the 40+ possession midfielder we need. Polec, Tyson and Hall could be the guys that supplement him rather than the other way around. + Cunnington. + Simpkin. + Higgins. + Jacobs. + Dumont. +Anderson. + LDU.

Can't tag all that. If we get a 40+ midfielder then Higgins et al run relatively free. An elite Ahern with the others staying par means we have an A-grade midfield, a top level defence and solid attack.

A good run with injuries and another 30+ forward along with BBB and JZ, plus a bit of luck and we're in premiership contention.

Believe.

I just think that wastes his ability in close to make a 3-second action in 0.8 seconds. Maybe time would stand still for him on the outside, too, but I love what he does in the clinches.

That sublime little cameo against West Coast in Tasmania makes me inclined to agree with you OP.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Big call but...

Paul Ahern is the future of NMFC. Get this bloke fit and we have an awesome midfield. He could be the 40+ possession midfielder we need. Polec, Tyson and Hall could be the guys that supplement him rather than the other way around. + Cunnington. + Simpkin. + Higgins. + Jacobs. + Dumont. +Anderson. + LDU.

Can't tag all that. If we get a 40+ midfielder then Higgins et al run relatively free. An elite Ahern with the others staying par means we have an A-grade midfield, a top level defence and solid attack.

A good run with injuries and another 30+ forward along with BBB and JZ, plus a bit of luck and we're in premiership contention.

Believe.

Dumont is tracking to be another 40+ accumulator. Ahern is a different player though, if he starts knocking up regular 40+ we’re talking Brownlow.

I just think that wastes his ability in close to make a 3-second action in 0.8 seconds. Maybe time would stand still for him on the outside, too, but I love what he does in the clinches.

He's a beautiful kick to position for forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a beautiful kick to position for forwards.

Yes, yes, yes, yes.

I see him being a big second half contributor in matches when the sting is out of the game.

Probably in the wing rotations. I'd just keep his 1st half minutes down a bit.

Yes, yes, yes, yes.

I see him being a big second half contributor in matches when the sting is out of the game.

Probably in the wing rotations. I'd just keep his 1st half minutes down a bit.

I think this is part of the reason we saw him so inside as well last year. Without the fitness base (which is probably still 1-2 years away) he'd just blow up chasing tail on the outside.

I think this is part of the reason we saw him so inside as well last year. Without the fitness base (which is probably still 1-2 years away) he'd just blow up chasing tail on the outside.

He'll have Tarryn for company in a similiar role as mid/forward soon enough.

Our forwards won't know what hit 'em!

He'll have Tarryn for company in a similiar role as mid/forward soon enough.

Our forwards won't know what hit 'em!

In some sense, this is the best time of the year, isn’t it? Expectations/confidence are high. The players haven’t started competitive drills yet, so less chance of injuries. Draft coming up. Reality hits when the first ankle is rolled, unfortunately...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm stoked he smashed the 2km trial, just a few months ago he was sucking wind and his endurance was the weakest part of his game.

Now he's totally shed the weight, he's coming top 5. I can't even tell you how good of a season this guy is going to have.
he didn't finish top 10, let alone top 5. still a lot of work to be done on his running

Remove this Banner Ad

Back