Past #15: Paul Ahern - delisted after 24 NM games/6 NM goals - thanks Pauly

Remove this Banner Ad

So, do we think that Brad has got it right on Ahern? The increase in his pressure appears to indicate it might indeed be the case. Time will tell. Imagine him getting the ball 25+ and maintaining his pressure? We’d all be happy with that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hard to tell, a greyhound is going to chase a rabbit no matter how much you try and teach it not to.

I think you want your attacking players to also do the defensive efforts, but as you can see from the stats I provided, there are players who didn't do the pressure acts no tackle and their position in the side isn't in jeopardy. We tend to have different standards for different players which is probably why we have pissed off players in the past.

So, do we think that Brad has got it right on Ahern? The increase in his pressure appears to indicate it might indeed be the case. Time will tell. Imagine him getting the ball 25+ and maintaining his pressure? We’d all be happy with that.

Can only hope so. I did think he showed signs of intent around contests on the weekend apart from just trying to extract and run forwards. Hard to discount the flow-on effects of Jed's inclusion on the whole midfield though as they all looked better for it.

That's not what happened tho is it. We won and he had our second highest number of inside 50s for the match.
Duly noted, but I wasn't specifically referring to his latest game, Ferb.

My point still stands.

Someone like AHern maintaining pressure is good cos he's gonna be near the ball more which increases his chances of getting it then hitting one of our forwards with it.

Someone like AHern maintaining pressure is good cos he's gonna be near the ball more which increases his chances of getting it then hitting one of our forwards with it.
His tackle in the third quarter put a Crow on his ass. He makes us better.

Duly noted, but I wasn't specifically referring to his latest game, Ferb.

My point still stands.

I didn't think he looked down on confidence. Match fitness maybe. I thought he looked pretty good most of the time.

But I think he should have been in the side weeks ago as well.

Won’t even try to guess what’s wrong with him.
Nothing like the preseason burst inside mid that we saw.

Has been told to do one thing, naturally wants to do the opposite.

End result? Nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My 6yr old son has developed a fascination with the benched players’ numbers on display at the front of level 2 behind the bench and even he said today “gee Ahern’s number’s up there almost all of the time dad!”

Last edited:
Spent time on the pine with a finger dislocation.

Looks confused. His strengths and instincts tell him to do one thing. The coach's voice in the back of his head saying the other. A poor game. Must continue to play.

Watched his draft video last week just to see what the clay looked like originally. He has pace but perhaps the knee injury has caused a delay in developing his power.

However, looks like someone who has no idea what he is doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back