Past #16: Aiden Bonar - drafted by GWS #11 '17 ND - traded to NM end '19 - 25 NM games - thx Bon

Remove this Banner Ad

Well both Garner and Zurhaar need to improve their fitness substantially as it is the plan to have both spend time in the middle. You need a solid core of rotations to be successful.

IF we can have the likes of Zurhaar/Ziebell & Garner/Cunners swapping roles during a game we're on our way.
indeed

He Does?

Damien, I heard from a a reliable source at the club, North are into Terry Daniher for a 10 year, $900k pa contract along with Mark Robinson and Gerald Whately, we hope to do a deal with GWS for Gavin Wanganeen and Mathew Primus along with bringing back the Duck (Wayne Carey) as rookie

(sits back and waits for the afl.com.au article)

He's just pointing out that we don't even have our own scouts.
Can confirm that 13 days ago with the trade period about to start our new head of pro scouting was at a school aths meeting instead of jetting around the country sounding out GWS fringe players. Get rid of. Damo's onto something.

Actually, Heath would make an excellent captain for our VFL side when he retires from the Giants.

Have been saying this for a while.

A skinny young draftee would walk a foot taller out there with Heath.

Last edited:
He's had 1 full reco and a re-graft.

I get ya, but all of his AFL related testing has come AFTER the operations, he hasn't lost any athleticism, so re injury is the only risk here.

Priority is to get him super fit, happy and regularly getting the ball in pre-season and at VFL level.

Would be awesome if he's in Rnd 1 calculations.

I wonder if his size/weight with his speed/agility put a lot of extra stress on his knees/ankles, ligaments can only deal with so much stress to them before they pop. I think building up all the muscles in his legs will help him a lot to support the joints, probably something similar Ahern had to do.

I'd like to see the ballet lady who helped our players with ankle problems look at developing some leg strengthening programs, I think injury prevention has been a bit of a weakness when it comes to the AFL, especially at junior levels.

Plenty of minutes in the day to tell your brother to recruit someone. For all we know he could have dropped hints months ago and sent him a thumbs up text on the day. That's the power of technology in 2019. Can SMS and do all sorts of things to communicate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This could be a great move having the brothers working together or a disaster, if i was working with my bro we would be punching up on the first day.
Well we're already going with it for the Rawlings, might bode well for the Shaws

I heard he wasn't that happy up there this year, nothing to do with GWS, just missed home. Maybe impacted his performance this year? Was originally happy too be traded to any Victorian club but when North showed real interest he was really keen to get to us. Maybe the LDU connection?

It would have been negligent not to ask.

He's a dickhead though (Damo, although H.Shaw kind of is in a good way).

Have a look at Carlton's. Yes they missed Papley and Martin but they got Betts and will play in front of 90k in Round 1.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What a little pissant is dumbo

Then kissing up to the bluws

I wonder if his size/weight with his speed/agility put a lot of extra stress on his knees/ankles, ligaments can only deal with so much stress to them before they pop. I think building up all the muscles in his legs will help him a lot to support the joints, probably something similar Ahern had to do.

I'd like to see the ballet lady who helped our players with ankle problems look at developing some leg strengthening programs, I think injury prevention has been a bit of a weakness when it comes to the AFL, especially at junior levels.

Bonar hasn’t missed a single game since about the third last round of the TAC cups in his top age year.

He’s played every game in either the AFL/NEAFL the last two seasons.

I don’t think his knee is a major concern.

So what’s the go with his NEAFL numbers? First year mids like Hately and Caldwell were finding the pill more consistently than what he was.

Was he playing forward? Lock down roles? Or isn’t his tank up to scratch?

So what’s the go with his NEAFL numbers? First year mids like Hately and Caldwell were finding the pill more consistently than what he was.

Was he playing forward? Lock down roles? Or isn’t his tank up to scratch?

Trying to make him a forward with stints in the middle where's he played as a mid with stints up forward as a junior. He is a mid foremost so that's where he'll shine and then he will impact up forward.

Ahern was more of a risk of re-injuring than he is.

I don't doubt Bonar's ability to get up to play AFL standard footy.
I think its a great low risk pick up..our history with guys like Ahern, Anderson and Jacobs suggest we can get some good footy out of him. Kudos to North for not puffing their chests out and bidding for overpriced mid ranged players.

I think he was forward a bit (2nd hand info).

He was a long way back from getting a crack in that midfield, so it makes sense to train him up elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back