AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins

Remove this Banner Ad

He has a game that should end up looking something like Petracca and Rozee on a heat map and stat sheet. Start mid and move forward.

I see him as the mid point between those two physically and stylistically. He's not really shown Rozee's elite outside ball movement game, and may not quite have his run (I have thought he did) but he's got more of that classic leading forwards and breaking though congestion game displayed by Petracca.

Ball use under pressure is really good. He's become a really dynamic and influential player this season.

On watching the replay of the third quarter, Perkins was our most valuable player IMO.

Massive quarter. Gone to another level. Sign him please.
he's probably going nowhere, but there's no way he signs before putting together 2 months of this. absolute gun and suspect he waits for the 700k+ offer from the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This week is where we will see Archie take that next step. BIG game coming up against the tigers. Dreamtime. Big stage.
I think he already has. Playing consistently impactful football is a step above last year and shows he belongs at AFL level. It’s no longer flashes, he’s doing it every game.

I think he already has. Playing consistently impactful football is a step above last year and shows he belongs at AFL level. It’s no longer flashes, he’s doing it every game.
I think the emphasis in that comment is ‘next step’. Yes, he’s stepped up this year but the exciting thing about Archie is that his ceiling probably allows him him multiple ‘next steps’. His next step for mine is being able to play as a first-selected starting mid with two of Merrett, Parish, Caldwell and Durham. At the moment he’s a secondary or even tertiary level mid who can provide impact. The Tiges game is set up nicely for him with Shiel, Parish, Setterfield and Tsatas all out of the equation

I think the emphasis in that comment is ‘next step’. Yes, he’s stepped up this year but the exciting thing about Archie is that his ceiling probably allows him him multiple ‘next steps’. His next step for mine is being able to play as a first-selected starting mid with two of Merrett, Parish, Caldwell and Durham. At the moment he’s a secondary or even tertiary level mid who can provide impact. The Tiges game is set up nicely for him with Shiel, Parish, Setterfield and Tsatas all out of the equation
Fail. Sadly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back