Past #16: Scott Thompson - to retire end of 2019 season - thanks Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

If a player doesn't get a mention on this board means he is tracking well and meeting expectations for a contract renewal.
I consider that a huge compliment to him.
Sadly, a great deal of truth in this. That said, I was thinking of the broader AFL landscape.

If a player doesn't get a mention on this board means he is tracking well and meeting expectations for a contract renewal.
I consider that a huge compliment to him.

Thompson is a classic example.

Had a great game on the weekend. How solid is he? Still puzzles me that people give him stick on the very few occasions he gets caught out. Is absolutely reliable.
In his current form nobody gives him any stick. But as we all know there was a period a year ago or so, when he did seem done. But to his credit, he has rebounded, might have been playing injured I'd say. On current form, gets another contract.

Had a great game on the weekend. How solid is he? Still puzzles me that people give him stick on the very few occasions he gets caught out. Is absolutely reliable.

I think there's a mentality that if defenders get scored against at all they are useless morons. That despite the fact that even now with really low scoring games most teams score at least 10 goals a game.

In his current form nobody gives him any stick. But as we all know there was a period a year ago or so, when he did seem done. But to his credit, he has rebounded, might have been playing injured I'd say. On current form, gets another contract.

I thought he was good all last year. He might have had a few poorer games. One of them was after multiple broken noses early in the match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st for one percenters and 2nd for rebounds & intercepts last night.

Ranked 18th in the comp for effective disposals over the season.

His opponent did virtually nothing.

Extend his contract by a year right now.

This
One of Durdin or McKay should be playing every week for the rest of the year
if we had the balls given that the season is shot they should both be in the team to see if they are up to it. Sadly though they need a decent coach to coach them PROPERLY and we don't have one

Was solid enough, although both Blakey and Dawson looked dangerous at times. In an ideal world we'd have had Durdin or McKay available and he would have taken Papley.

Still in our best side but unsure why you'd extend his contract right now.

would be disappointing if a new coach decided he required 33 yr old defender when starting from 0.00 on the clock of expectation. We have Durds, McKay, Daw all currently out of the side.

Was solid enough, although both Blakey and Dawson looked dangerous at times. In an ideal world we'd have had Durdin or McKay available and he would have taken Papley.

Still in our best side but unsure why you'd extend his contract right now.
When I spoke to a recently retired player recently, he suggested (incidentally) that it would be his last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back