Past #16: Scott Thompson - to retire end of 2019 season - thanks Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

His fitness and pre season form didn't warrant him being in the side and now we're all paying the price.

Drop him and at least get some games into Durdin or VW. They really couldn't be any worse.

Hopefully Geelong do a cartlon and say danger has a fractured skull, a brain haemorrhage and flat lined at the hospital and pronounced dead, only to be transferred to a better hospital where his status was upgraded to alive.

It's pretty much the same as forever.

He has always been monstered by Big Gorilla Forwards. ...Buddy...Clokey....Hawkins...

How the hell that backline will cope the next two weeks is a nightmare.

Thomo is a straight up pick.

Be very surprised if Scotts drops him or Spitta.
I think you are missing the point though.

Is Thompson done?......Yes.

So does it matter if it's him or Durdin that gets monstered?

We need to see if some of these kids can cope at the top level. This year needs to be solely about development, so if some of these kids get monstered then so be it. No good wrapping them in cotton wool while we watch old stagers slide off the cliff face.

Hopefully Geelong do a cartlon and say danger has a fractured skull, a brain haemorrhage and flat lined at the hospital and pronounced dead, only to be transferred to a better hospital where his status was upgraded to alive.
That's not "doing a Carlton", it's "doing a Bulldogs".

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I think you are missing the point though.

Is Thompson done?......Yes.

So does it matter if it's him or Durdin that gets monstered?

We need to see if some of these kids can cope at the top level. This year needs to be solely about development, so if some of these kids get monstered then so be it. No good wrapping them in cotton wool while we watch old stagers slide off the cliff face.

I think you are missing the point.

He effectively hasn't played since last August.

Had an interrupted pre season.

Has played two games...one of which saw a midfield capitulate and a defence line melt under the pressure.

Needs more game time at the top level to get some match fitness back.

Thinking he is going to stop Gorilla Forwards when he never really has stopped them at this stage in his career is not happening....was my point....and we play all 4 in the first 4 rounds...
Is my point again.

Scotts persisted with Delaney...and did he ever get over that 13 goal Buddy belting?

Throwing kids to the wolves.

Be careful of what you wish for.

To be beaten by Menzel? Writings on the wall.
His shot on goal in the last was equally as poor. Durdin in. We aint losing anything without Thompson there now. Heaven forbid Tarrant gets a proper chopout rather than a flopping teammate.

Worse than the actual shot was the fact that he burnt off Higgins who had a 10 metre break on his opponent, leading from the goal line all the way to 40 metres in the clear, and then stood there screaming for the ball. When you have a "hot hand" on the court, you pass him the ball. Completely selfish from Thompson and for that reason alone, he shouldn't be playing next week.

Last edited:

Has played two games...one of which saw a midfield capitulate and a defence line melt under the pressure.

Thinking he is going to stop Gorilla Forwards when he never really has stopped them at this stage in his career is not happening....was my point....and we play all 4 in the first 4 rounds...
Is my point again.

Scotts persisted with Delaney...and don't did he ever get over that 13 goal Buddy belting?

They aren't going to learn what it takes at Werribee.

And Thompson has been shithouse for over 12 months now, limited preseason or not.

Durdin earned his opportunity in the JLT, are we going to wait until he can get a soft opponent to see if he can make it at the top level?

Hard to learn to swim if you are always in the kiddy pool.

Last edited:
They aren't going to learn what it takes at Werribee.

And Thompson has been shithouse for over 12 months now, limited preseason or not.

Durdin earned his opportunity in the JLT, are we going to wait until he can get a soft opponent to see if he can make it at the top level?

Yes we will.

If Scotts drops Thomo I will have your name in the Game Day this Weekend...

'Game Day...R v Gws...Time for a Roosurgence '

(If I don't get the shitz by 12.01am Sat)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worse than the actual shot was the fact that he burnt off Higgins who had a 10 metre break on his opponent, leading from the goal line all the way to 40 metres in the clear, and then stood there screaming for the ball. When you have a "hot hand" on the court, you pass him the ball. Completely selfish from Thompson and for that reason alone, he shouldn't be playing next week.

I can remember screaming from the wing to pass it to Missy! I'm glad I wasn't the only one that seen that, plus Higgins was on fire and I would have backed him to kick that goal as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is my point again.

Scotts persisted with Delaney...and did he ever get over that 13 goal Buddy belting?

Yeah well said. We are quick to write off players a bit quickly. Needs to find more match fitness. I wouldn't be opposed to dropping him and see how he goes for Werribee. He could still come back from that and play a key role for the rest of the year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He has always been monstered by Big Gorilla Forwards. ...Buddy...Clokey....Hawkins...

He kept Buddy goalless I think i n 2014 at the SCG?

DESTROYED Cloke to the point of humiliation in 2012.

Pretty sure he negated Hawkins too, may have been 2015 but bit rusty on that one.

He's in a trough now no doubt but it's selling him short to suggest he was never up to it.

Pretty sure he negated Hawkins too, may have been 2015 but bit rusty on that one.

He's in a trough now no doubt but it's selling him short to suggest he was never up to it.
2013 he won the Syd and was AA.

He was an absolute gun key defender.

Those days are now gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back