Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

He is, for sure, but your defenders have GOT to be really good users of the ball these days.....with the "Clusterfk" set up all over the ground, the slightest of errors sees the ball sail over your head.
There's a place in all teams for defensive style forwards these days, he was actually going "ok" at that. He certainly looked confident wheeling around and having a shot at goal.

I know but his unpredictability can be a tool out of the backline. The defense is moving one way and he cuts back the other. Let him do that.

I know but his unpredictability can be a tool out of the backline. The defense is moving one way and he cuts back the other. Let him do that.
Mate I hear ya......but even last year, when he was playing well, he still wasn't good enough was he? For all we know, Zac Williams is a done deal, for example, so Rhyce looking at other options and what he can do with Jasper. I like him as a player, flies the flag, bit loose, all those things, but he's not a premier defender, or not one suited to today's game. I hope he makes it, as I said, there's certain players you want to see do well and you warm to. He's one of those.

His older than we think. (or at least I think)

That hurts him imo.

I don’t think you could question his effort, he’s just lost confidence. Seems a great character, hope he comes through it.
It’s his kicking. All the footballers in history never butchered the footy due to lack of effort. But it shouldn’t have been allowed to continue. We rewarded continual poor disposal with games in the seniors and look where it got us.

Rookie mistake which I hope we learn from.
If you don’t hit targets you're out. Simple.

He needs a break. Hes tried to recapture form but it just hasnt happened. He'll come good just like the team will when we get some consistency im rhe blokes we are putring on the park. Probably not gonma happen this year.

Love to know the real reason he is dropped again. Can't even find form in the twos so whats the point. $750k a year to watch the game from a corporate box. We can hardly field a team yet he's dropped. Hmmmmmmmm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love to know the real reason he is dropped again. Can't even find form in the twos so whats the point. $750k a year to watch the game from a corporate box. We can hardly field a team yet he's dropped. Hmmmmmmmm.

As his form would suggest he likely needs a rest to reset.

9 weeks too late but it is what it is.
Shaw will learn.
But honestly don’t see the reason in dropping him now. Proves nothing.

He had to have a spell mate.

He's been extremely lucky to last as long as he has (if full list I suspect omitted games ago)

We played better without him or Polec.

Just saying............

If they come back fine

Played better sure.

Pittard has been pretty good since he joined IMHO - i've been very happy with him.

Once the s**t show stated after the second ,our midfield fell to pieces and then in turn the forward line and finally the whole team!

Suddenly Pittard is being thrown around , the ball is flying around like a pinball!!

A- The defence was being peppered
B - the forwards had some of the worst delivery and general football I have ever seen!!

Pretty hard to turn around and blames that on Pittard although I agree he needed a break.

The team needed a circuitbreaker.

Polec needed to step up and couldn't , at least defensively. Nor Hall when we needed experience to step, they couldnt.

Still hopeful on Polec in a better settled team- he's cream not engine.

I actually really rate jasper. I think he does a lot better in the High HF role he played a couple of weeks ago than his work in the backline. Pretty composed and aggressive when needed (apart from his free at then end of the 3rd). Offers something extra that we didn't have in our makeshift team. Not sure how he goes when we have a full side and if he even makes the 22. Could see him starting bench as a swingman covering guys in def and fwd.

Last edited:
Not trying to stir the pot here, as I know there is a lot love for Jasper in this thread.

But personally, I think he is sh1t.

Wouldnt get a game in any other team in the AFL.

We need to get rid of battlers and list cloggers like this guy, and there are plenty on our list......before the performance curve for NMFC starts to head north again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back