Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, my young daughter's new fave. Firstly for the hair and secondly for being named Jasper
We had a cat names jasper, however this bloke is no cat. I like him, emotion got the betrer of him earlier in the game but he kept cracking in, cant blame a bloke for that. And later in the game as ge composed himself a lot of his plays came off.

Yeah disagree. Made a couple howlers, but stuck at it and overall an okay game. Played very good footy every week. Defends hard. Hanging him off one average game against his old mob. Well done smoocher

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolutely correct. There were the mistakes, of course, but there were also plenty of positives - his attack on the ball, run, and delivery many times.

He's been our best defender this year, by a large margin.

After some of the clangers by foot I could see why he was a whipping boy at Port. But I just can’t bring myself to treat him as one because 30 seconds after each clanger he is chasing someone hard with head down and teeth gritted, or flying unconditionally to spoil a marking contest. I love this bloke.

We had a cat names jasper, however this bloke is no cat. I like him, emotion got the betrer of him earlier in the game but he kept cracking in, cant blame a bloke for that. And later in the game as ge composed himself a lot of his plays came off.

Its like his yips happen around Port, not anywhere else.

Great effort by Jasper. However, he would know how costly his mistakes were. They happened when the game was hot and had a big impact on our momentum, no doubt. He, probably, let the occasion get the better of him early. He’s our best defender right now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

After some of the clangers by foot I could see why he was a whipping boy at Port. But I just can’t bring myself to treat him as one because 30 seconds after each clanger he is chasing someone hard with head down and teeth gritted, or flying unconditionally to spoil a marking contest. I love this bloke.

Atley was always like that too.

We chased this guy a couple of years ago and I am beginning to understand why. Almost thinking taking Polec was the price for getting him. But i've got no issues with Polec either, just thinks Pittard might end up being a better get for us.

He played the best worst game or was it the worst best game I’ve seen so far this year. Kane Cornes summed him up perfectly.

The port crowd were actually laughing every time he got the ball waiting for a s**t disposal, Clanger or just taking the wrong option.

Jasper didn’t disappoint them.

Although his endeavour is good, we ain’t going nowhere when you have a backline player butcher the ball like he does.

This guy wouldn’t get a game in any of the top teams yet we are happy with mediocrity.

Have another close look at the game and just watch how ineffective his disposal and decision making is.

Unfortunately at the moment we don’t have much choice at playing him considering our other half backs are as slow as a public servant coming back from a lunch break.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Incorrect. He's already made an AA squad so his best is clearly good enough. Not saying he's at that level ATM but could get back to it if he's backed

Some terrible errors but at least he didn’t stop cracking in. Reckon he’s shown a bit but seriously, if he’s our best defender in that form that’s an indictment.

Really like him. I was expecting a running half back, this bloke has a defend first mindset. Took some great grabs and excellent spoils. Not used to seeing that from our medium defenders.

Ball in hand his first thought is to attack. Fluffed a few kicks, but his defensive game more then made up for that.

I got a few texts last night telling me Pittard is s**t. I now think less of those people

This board's thread already reads like ours on Jasp.

Back in our dark days of 2011-2012 when our footy was more stagnant than the river Torrens he was the shining light, just kept trying and trying to create and break lines and start some run when the rest of our team were flatfooted. Made mistakes but lead the way as a teenager and was fearless.

Good lad, good heart. Hated the booing from some of our supporters but there's still plenty of us on the flip side right behind him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been listed in round by round AA squads as a starting six defender. By your logic, that's an indictment on the competition?
That’s astounding. An indictment on those selecting these hypothetical rolling squads at the least. Don’t question his effort, definitely question his butchery of the ball and amateurish decision making. No way is he a currently a starting defender in an AA squad. Curious if Atley figures in the squads you speak of. Had a better year than Pittard to date.

Really like him. I was expecting a running half back, this bloke has a defend first mindset. Took some great grabs and excellent spoils. Not used to seeing that from our medium defenders.

Ball in hand his first thought is to attack. Fluffed a few kicks, but his defensive game more then made up for that.

I got a few texts last night telling me Pittard is s**t. I now think less of those people
He's the only one apart from Scott Thompson who takes on the more difficult kicks that really open up the game. Some of them won't come off but when they do it creates rapid ball movement and scoring opportunities. Its easy enough to chip the ball around the back line, padding your stats and eliminating the risk of a turnover but the stagnant ball movement creates nothing and allows the opposition to set up to counter.

He has shown very little, to no ........

Elite qualities......

And thats the sort of players you need to be bringing into your team, when you are trying to build a premiership side.

No offence against Jasper, he sounds like a great bloke.

But he is so far from elite, its not funny....

Thats why Port were keen to get rid off him....

And Joyce and Brad were stupid enough to take him....

Regardless of who is paying his wage.

Would he get a look in at WCE Coll Rich Geel ?

That’s astounding. An indictment on those selecting these hypothetical rolling squads at the least. Don’t question his effort, definitely question his butchery of the ball and amateurish decision making. No way is he a currently a starting defender in an AA squad. Curious if Atley figures in the squads you speak of. Had a better year than Pittard to date.

I think Pittard is a better one on one defender than Atley, a better defender in general.

Pittard with Marley, EVW, Taz, Thommo and Maj/MacKay is a good back six.

Elite qualities......

And thats the sort of players you need to be bringing into your team, when you are trying to build a premiership side.

Port were keen to get rid of him because they wanted draft picks.

Elite qualities......

I’d say his best asset, or the thing he’s ‘elite’ at is coming off his man and spoiling as the 3rd man up. Reckon hes stopped heaps of marks doing that. Anything else is a bonus

I think Pittard is a better one on one defender than Atley, a better defender in general.

Pittard with Marley, EVW, Taz, Thommo and Maj/MacKay is a good back six.

I think that only leaves Marley as the ground ball player. The vedub is done for the year anyway.

The coaches need to get creative. Try Ziebell off half back, maybe even Wood. s**t even Tyson.

I think that only leaves Marley as the ground ball player. The vedub is done for the year anyway.

The coaches need to get creative. Try Ziebell off half back, maybe even Wood. s**t even Tyson.

I know that backline isn't gonna happen again this year, i was just making the point that Pittard fits well into it. I think his decision making and skills were off last night but they've been much better than that so far - his worst game last night I thought. And it wasn't that bad.

Pittard should be the example for every North Melbourne player on how to attack the game.
Tough, daring and uncompromising.
Bring that and everything else will come.
I’ll forgive so called ‘howlers’ because at least he is having a crack.
Is having blokes look over their shoulder an ‘elite attribute’?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back