Past #17: Lachie Young - NM trade #63 for LY in '20 trade period - delisted end '23 - 39 NM games / 1 NM goal - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Got caught a couple of times trying to take the game on which in not a bad thing. In time the players will gel better and instincts will be there where players will understand each other.
It takes time to play as a team.

Not sure what to make of him. Had some iffy moments early, but had a brilliant third quarter. Had neat disposal and contested well enough. Definitely something there.

That's exactly what we make of him I think. Worked his way into a very productive 3rd quarter.

He plays a more agile, athletic HB role than anyone else down there including Atley.

Shaun runs hard in short straight lines and always kicks on the go, Lachie (at this early stage) looks more natural at floating to intercept and finding space to size up a his passes.

Got caught a couple of times trying to take the game on which in not a bad thing. In time the players will gel better and instincts will be there where players will understand each other.
It takes time to play as a team.

That was a big issue with the team yesterday - the amount of times they ran into each other was mind boggling.
I can see the first half of the year being a bit messy - hopefully it gets better as we play more games.

He's the same age as Hayden and even less experienced. Expectations of him should be fairly low, get him 10-15 games this year and see what we have.

You don't give a bloke 15 games of AFL footy to see if he can play.

We are crying out for a dashing rebounder. Tazz, Mckay, Corr and McDonald can all intercept mark. Surely our priority with other defenders is run carry/sharp disposal, that can defend small to mediums.

I would have thought that’s the type of player he needs to be to get a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks a fair way off it IMO.

Haven’t really seen much intercept marking or rebounding at this stage. Defensively he doesn’t seem to attack the footy or the man with any sort of intent.

Looks a fair way off it IMO.

Haven’t really seen much intercept marking or rebounding at this stage. Defensively he doesn’t seem to attack the footy or the man with any sort of intent.

disagree,

couple of contests in the air I thought he defended well, did his job and nullified the contest. Compare his defensive efforts to that of our skipper and you’ve got probably the same amount of experience at the level and I’d prefer young.

used it relatively neatly, if I had a knock it would be his speed, lacked a bit of toe trying to get around blokes when he tried to take them on, but all in all pretty good for a very inexperienced player at the top Level

Runs to the right positions and gets involved. A good sign in a rebounding defender.
Hope he is used more often as he’s also a reliable kick. Pump games into him and Perez and I’m happy.

Completely horrible.

His hair seemed to move faster than his legs.

VFL and hope improves as he's way off standard.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing round 1 to be honest. We need to realise the be all and end all pre-season wasn't just one scratch match at a suburban training ground, these blokes will be marked differently in that game by Noble than how we looked at them through the eyes of fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back