Past #17: Lachie Young - NM trade #63 for LY in '20 trade period - delisted end '23 - 39 NM games / 1 NM goal - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely something there to work with. Seems a tad raw to me.

Another who has barely any experience. Yet some around here are writing him off already. Sorry, it doesn't wash with me. He's showed enough to convince me that he's to be persisted with, and is at the very least handy depth

Last edited:
Another who has barely any experience. Yet some around here are writing him off already. Sorry, it doesn't wash with me. He's showed enough to convince me that he's to be persisted with, and is at the very least handy depth
I like that he has a crack at breaking the lines, has a go at intercepting and he’s a neat kick. Just a little slender and inexperienced still. Definitely not horrible and as you said, he’s worth persisting with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same with Atu tbh. Saw some things I liked, some I didn't, but the attributes they were recruited for were fairly obvious even if they weren't always at the fore.
They're just more young prospects in our under 22 basket that we're going to try and develop and I don't think either of them played any worse than the majority of their team mates. Young, newly recruited from other clubs, whole team was playing like s**t. Don't really understand how anyone can completely write them off from that alone and even if they don't make it I wouldn't consider it to be a validation of anyone's opinion based off of some shitty pre-season games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that he has a crack at breaking the lines, has a go at intercepting and he’s a neat kick. Just a little slender and inexperienced still. Definitely not horrible and as you said, he’s worth persisting with.

As far as I'm concerned this is arguably the only important metric for this season. The requisite confidence to have a crack, even when you've stuffed it up once or twice

Same with Atu tbh. Saw some things I liked, some I didn't, but the attributes they were recruited for were fairly obvious even if they weren't always at the fore.
They're just more young prospects in our under 22 basket that we're going to try and develop and I don't think either of them played any worse than the majority of their team mates. Young, newly recruited from other clubs, whole team was playing like sh*t. Don't really understand how anyone can completely write them off from that alone and even if they don't make it I wouldn't consider it to be a validation of anyone's opinion based off of some shitty pre-season games.
The Atu criticisms are way over the top too. Has toe and hardness. I’m sure we’ll find roles for Atu and Young.

Thought he was ok on the weekend. Definitely not as bad as some making out.

Agree. I'd also distinguish his bodytype from a typical skinnyfat flanker (ie Wright). Young looks pretty wiry and athletic, just not a bulky guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully, he comes on. However, he’s the guy I’m least disappointed about. I never really understood the notion that we, somehow, pulled off the heist of the century in prising Young from WB’s rookie list.

P.S. I’d be overjoyed if he proves me totally wrong.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing round 1 to be honest. We need to realise the be all and end all pre-season wasn't just one scratch match at a suburban training ground, these blokes will be marked differently in that game by Noble than how we looked at them through the eyes of fans.

Hopefully, he comes on. However, he’s the guy I’m least disappointed about. I never really understood the notion that we, somehow, pulled off the heist of the century in prising Young from WB’s rookie list.

P.S. I’d be overjoyed if he proves me totally wrong.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That doesn't make sense.

I know we're down a few, but I always assumed Young would start R1 - there's only three things that drive player movements - money, moving home (N/A) and opportunity. The club even said he was 'under utilised' when he was recruited, code for you'll get a start with us. In short, no surprise
Absolutely. And absence of Perez made it a moral certainty. We've clearly identified skill set that we're not flush with.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I know we're down a few, but I always assumed Young would start R1 - there's only three things that drive player movements - money, moving home (N/A) and opportunity. The club even said he was 'under utilised' when he was recruited, code for you'll get a start with us. In short, no surprise

A Norm Smith medalist cannot even get a game at the Dogs, what chance Young if he stayed?

Good luck to him. I think he will surprise a few on here over the course of the season.

Certainly hope so, especially when you consider Pittard played most games with us in a similar role, would look a bit silly to cut him, recruit Young and then not play him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back