Player Watch #18: Jake Melksham – back for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Bump

Goodwin's perseverance with the Milkman seems to be paying off over the last 2 weeks

Everything he touched turned to gold on the weekend and he started to look like the player from the 2nd half of last year, which is great because earlier this year a part of me thought it might have been a fluke

His kicking has also seemed to become a lot more consistent, at Essendon he still hit some great kicks but also turned it over a fair bit too - over the last 2 weeks he's become one of the best kicks in our team (that kick to Spargo in the 2nd quarter...)

Him and Petracca kicking over/through zones and inside 50 when they're both on is going to be a real weapon for us I think

Yep, great fortnight for the Milkshake. He is crucial to our forwardline now Watts has gone. Had a super pre season, so hopefully he has found form leading into a very important three week period coming up where we need to win all three to have a shot at finals..

100%!
One of the better field kicks in the comp. And bloody good on his left too

Using his body well too! Earlier in the year I thought he had a few rough push in the back/holding calls that shouldn't have been there. As well as hitting the post once in each of his first 3 or 4 games things werent going his way. Seems like the tide has turned a bit so hopefully it can continue that way.

He still stinks of Essendon and you're all being too generous. I didn't watch the game on the weekend but I'm sure he was diabolically rambunctious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He still stinks of Essendon and you're all being too generous. I didn't watch the game on the weekend but I'm sure he was diabolically rambunctious.
Love that word. Rambunctious.

Some good players went in the 30-40 range of the 2015 draft, and we gave up the eventual pick 30 for Melksham, but I think it was a good trade. Especially if we make finals in the next few years, I expect him to have quite an impact.

Some good players went in the 30-40 range of the 2015 draft, and we gave up the eventual pick 30 for Melksham, but I think it was a good trade. Especially if we make finals in the next few years, I expect him to have quite an impact.

Agree, dont think Id take any of those guys over Melksham.. Balic is one of those guys and is now on our list for less :cool:

Quite thrifty Dees!

He is that sort of player isn't he.

Has probably been lingering around this sort of "bag of goals" game all season but just been spraying them too much.
His kick to Hannanwas the highlight for mine. 3 goal assists and 15 score involvements is a huge day

They were saying on SEN how he's been tried everywhere and finally found his niche. It's working wonders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back