Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

David king has mentioned it and i have seen the odd training session he makes the others look very silly at training they carn't catch him hes everywhere yet he doesn't bring it to games so its clearly brad stubbornness in his role or where they are playing him. The weeknd was a good example throw him in the middle or the wing do something different with him the game was slipping neways why not try it

Of course he looks good during our training sessions, he is trying to outrun pensioners.

This year hasn't been his year but to say he havnt developed the last 3 years in bogus. He was very solid defensively last year averaging only a goal a game on him his first job is defend. Last year he was good with his runs. He will be fine. People jump the gun to easily yet then some backup a player like mckenzie who has done nowhere near as much as ats

It's time to part ways with him . He doesn't provide what we need from him on any consistent basis whatsoever . Too much of instinctive player to be used in the backline where he's restricted in what he do due to structure and needing to worry about closing down his opponent before attacking . For me he's suited to the forward line but it seems there's little to no chance of him playing there . I'm sure this will be unpopular opinion but what does everyone think we should do with him ???
tumblr_lrlinuX7VB1qg6v9wo1_400.gif

Play him in the middle ffs!

I can't recall him playing one decent game in the middle, if he is going to change role, he should get some form in that role in the VFL, show he can play it at a lower level, if he can't dominate the VFL then forget about the AFL.

David king has mentioned it and i have seen the odd training session he makes the others look very silly at training they carn't catch him hes everywhere yet he doesn't bring it to games so its clearly brad stubbornness in his role or where they are playing him. The weeknd was a good example throw him in the middle or the wing do something different with him the game was slipping neways why not try it

If I was Altley I'd be looking for a trade, to be played in a more suitable position with a coach that will bring the best out of him.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Has ability.

Poorly coached.

Keep.

I mean really? 2+2+2= 7

The only negative on Atley is that he makes really bad errors and hospital handballs at times. The only way to stop that is to tell him to stop taking on the game. We need him to take on the the game. It's solely up to him to work on those skills. He needs to get smarter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Atley has been our most disappointing only because he appears to have the ability to be a star
I'd argue the cunners has been as disappointing this year.
McDonald ( better this year) hasn't really played like a top 10 pick either
Perhaps there is a problem developing talent at Arden st

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atley has been our most disappointing only because he appears to have the ability to be a star
I'd argue the cunners has been as disappointing this year.
McDonald ( better this year) hasn't really played like a top 10 pick either
Perhaps there is a problem developing talent at Arden st

Not sure what you were watching this year, McDonald was fantastic.

Agree on Atley. 125 4/10 games.

Appears to not want the ball in his hands at all, and gives off some the most ridiculous handballs/chip kicks <10m, to an unsuspecting team mate consistently, also, failed to even lay 1 tackle to add to his 26 for the year so far, at the moment is more liability than asset in the D50.

At least if he plays in midfield his deplorable, junior footy-like errors will be further from our goal so that would be a positive I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back