Past 19. Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure about excellent but he was one of only 3 players that I think could hold their heads up at the end of the game along with Gibbs and Judd.
Hats off to both Eddie Betts and you EddieB. Was Eddie Bear cold at the game last night?
Well, considering that he was playing off the forward pocket, I think he had a ripper!

He was freezing! So was I. :(

Is it healthy for your hands to turn orange? :p

AFL Premiership Season: Round Sixteen

Carlton vs. Sydney @ Telstra Dome (20/7/08)

Kicks: 8
Handballs: 5
Possessions: 13
Marks: 3
Tackles: 2
Frees For: 0
Frees Against: 1
Goals: 3
Behinds: 0

Excitement machine, freak, you name it, it goes under the title of Eddie Betts.

He did some excellent things today, a few good, timely goals aswell as a couple of clearances and some good tackles. His good form has been continuous all throughout the year. If this were Round 22, i'd be very happy with Eddies year. By far his best, and I think that he's starting to get a lot more recognisation for his skill. Well done again, Bettsy. :thumbsu:

AFL Premiership Season: Round Seventeen

Western Bulldogs vs. Carlton @ Telstra Dome (27/7/08)

Kicks: 5
Handballs: 6
Possessions: 11
Marks: 2
Tackles: 1
Frees For: 0
Frees Against: 0
Goals: 1
Behinds: 0

He was put into the midfield in the second quarter and did some very, very good things with the ball. I remember one play destinctly that involved himself, Jordan Russell and Adam Hartlett on the Half Forward line, very scrappy stuff, and Bettsy got three disposals and ended up setting up a shot on goal, just in that one piece of play. He also kicked a very good running goal in the last to put us up by 10 points.

Another solid game.

eddie betts wasnt really that good against the bulldogs.
ryan hargrave absolutely killed him.
eddie kicked 1 goal and set another up but besides from that did nothing.
he has been amazing all year so one bad game doesnt worry me at all.

every carlton supporter i know f@#$ken loves this kid
and they say eddie whenever he gets near it like excited teenager
we need him and we got him now how about a chf ffs

Eddie did OK but even when the ball started to get delivered to the forward line I still feel Fev is the only player who positions himself and tries to get the ball. He tries hard EddieB but with him playing well this year my expectaions have gone up. Keep playing hard champ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie is done for 08 put him in cotton wool along with Judd let them have a break cause next season is the year we make finals.

He gave away a silly 50m penalty in the first quarter, that was about the highlight of his game as he came off of the ground with a hamstring injury in the second. I think it's only a three week injury but I think it would be best to put him on wool for the rest of the season, a very productive season. :thumbsu:

He gave away a silly 50m penalty in the first quarter, that was about the highlight of his game as he came off of the ground with a hamstring injury in the second. I think it's only a three week injury but I think it would be best to put him on wool for the rest of the season, a very productive season. :thumbsu:

Hamstring tightness. Could be playing this week.

A little worried about his attempts to win the car too often from ridiculous positions. Great when it comes off but he has to look at the context of the game and perhaps play the percentages more.

couldn't agree more.
eddie is a bit too obsessed with kicking miraculous goals.
he needs to adopt the steve johnson/cameron mooney mindset- mooney and johnson are in a comp for the most goal assists.
maybe if fev and eddie went into that comp it wouldnt be a bad idea;)

Betts is having a great season no doubt about that. But on the weekend Vs Lions, Betts was outshone by the young fella Garlett.
I would love to see Betts having more of a run in the midfield. He could be a great rotation in there.
I can see it now. "Kruz with the tap to Judd, Out to Betts,Betts with a spin, Betts takes a bounce, draws the opponent, back to Judd, Judd delivers to Fev."
Lets go Eddie, tear it up against Saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back