Past #2: Marley Williams - delisted after 60 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Marley

Remove this Banner Ad

Will play Round 1 if Wrighty isn't ready. May still play Round 1 regardless.
I'd say he's nailed on for round 1, and our best 22, regardless of whether Wright is fit.

He's better than Atley as it is, but if he gets back to his 2015 form then he would comfortably be our best small defender.

Last edited:
I'd say he's nailed on for round 1, and our best 22, regardless of whether Wright is fit.

He's better than Atley as it is, but if he gets back to his 2015 form then he would comfortably be our best small defender.

I think he should be best 22 for the sole reason that it allows us to play Luke or J-Mac as a full time mid.

Yep. Spot to lose IMHO.

15665572_10209959703740921_7508206356867885589_n.jpg

(l to r) Williams, Atley, Wright.

dunno about better than Wright who i argues form in the earlier part of the year was better than marleys this year but is a bit like comparing apples and oranges, marleys career best is likely a little higher ceiling that sammy has displayed but alas he was very consistant pree ankle issues this year. there is no doubt that going into the end of last season with mckenkie was a liability that marley well and trueley would have helped to overcome.

dunno about better than Wright who i argues form in the earlier part of the year was better than marleys this year but is a bit like comparing apples and oranges, marleys career best is likely a little higher ceiling that sammy has displayed but alas he was very consistant pree ankle issues this year. there is no doubt that going into the end of last season with mckenkie was a liability that marley well and trueley would have helped to overcome.

Hmmm not sure William's 2016 form would have helped us at all. He was poo this year. Now if pre 2016 Marley shows up then we may have something.

Wright is currently twice the player Williams is. What are you guys going on about?
The plus side to Williams is that he may not have reached his ceiling yet, whereas wright has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wright has injured the same ankle he did last year unfortunately.

Williams best has been far better than Wrights. I'm one of wrights biggest fans and I love his skill either side of the body, but Williams in 2014/15 was very close to being elite for his position.

One thing that has been mentioned much in this thread is his aerial prowess. He is a very good player overhead for his height.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I like best about Marley is that I actually have low to no expectations of him, other than a vague hope he can lock down on small defenders. I'll be watching with interest, but no expectation.

I like this bloke.....got a bit a campaigner in 'im.
Same he has that look in his eye like he is confident in his ability and isn't fazed by much. He and DMac will make a nice Campaigner combo i think.
But like Kimbo said i have no excpectations either. He likes taking risks which i like, so maybe we will get some heart in mouth moments and a few surprises at other times.

What I like best about Marley is that I actually have low to no expectations of him, other than a vague hope he can lock down on small defenders. I'll be watching with interest, but no expectation.

Does that mean if he reaches the level of his locker's previous tenant he'll have exceeded expectations?

I have reflected on this, and meditated upon the Two Te Ching.

The Two that can be worn is not the eternal Two
The player that can be numbered has not the eternal number
The Two is the origin of Teasdale and Schwass
Yet, the Two is the mother of myriad players

Thus, constantly free of expectation
One can observe with wonder
Constantly filled with desire
One observes disappointment and suffering

So, these two are numbered together, but differ in game
The commonality is said to be the mystery
Mystery of mysteries, the locker door to all wonders

Leigh Colbert.

Some Ed Lower fans might be upset by this question too.
I will accept Colbert.

I expect when I am a very little bit older I will remember nothing except peak NMFC history at all.

He will have brain fades and shocking disposal at times.

But he is an excellent small defender, and that first and foremost is what we need in the backline.

We're carved up far too often by small players, but when you look at who's been on them, it's no surprise especially made even worse with Wright and LMac being out.

I think we have a steal, Marley is quality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back