AFL Player #20: Peter "Litre" Wright 🏅 - Pleads guilty at tribunal, 4 week suspension - 26/3

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane's medical team got Birchall playing. They'll probably work some miracles with Joe, too. Wish we had them.

Yeah I more mean on an upgraded to the last 3 years. Regardless of what Daniher does next year we should also be better off with someone like Wright who will actually play, compared to the last few years đź‘Ť

Brisbane's medical team got Birchall playing. They'll probably work some miracles with Joe, too. Wish we had them.
Considering Joe is fit I'd hope they'd keep him on the park.

Great signing at a bargain price for a position that we desperately needed some mature talent. Hopefully he's like Taberner in that he turns out to be a late bloomer.

Either way you can't be unhappy with this signing.

If Daniher is Shaq you’d be hoping Wright is Tim Duncan.

Shaq never kept himself in shape, never bothered to work on improving his weaknesses and got by on physical gifts that were of another galaxy. Meanwhile Duncan was boring as all hell but was all about hard work and the grind and mastered all the fundamentals to the point it became clockwork.

He’s a breath of fresh air for us, seems an aware kid and a footballer who understands who he is and what he’s about and someone who has a strong skill base for a supersized key forward.

The boringness of his interviews and highlights actually excites me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Daniher is Shaq you’d be hoping Wright is Tim Duncan.

Shaq never kept himself in shape, never bothered to work on improving his weaknesses and got by on physical gifts that were of another galaxy. Meanwhile Duncan was boring as all hell but was all about hard work and the grind and mastered all the fundamentals to the point it became clockwork.

He’s a breath of fresh air for us, seems an aware kid and a footballer who understands who he is and what he’s about and someone who has a strong skill base for a supersized key forward.

The boringness of his interviews and highlights actually excites me.

Only Daniher is D. Rose.
Hopefully Wright is Scalabrine, our beacon of premierships.

Matthew Lloyd has slammed his former club Essendon for failing to plan for life after Joe Daniher, expecting the Bombers to drop even further in 2021. Essendon secured Gold Coast key forward Peter Wright on Tuesday as the man to fill the boots of Daniher, following his departure to Brisbane via free agency. Lloyd told Trade Radio the lack of planning wasn't good enough, with Daniher wanting out 12 months earlier.
"You've got to have at least one genuine gun forward in that group, which the Bombers won't have," Lloyd said. "I would have thought that Essendon had something lined up. "There's been Charlie Dixon, there's been Tom Lynch, there's been Jeremy Cameron, have something years in the making where you've just been lining up a key forward."

Come on Rutten give 2MP some extra motivation, print this out and stick on Wright's locker. Sheeds would have!!

:think:

Pretty small window when he’s available. I guess we can’t select him for day games or Sunday games...no wonder the Suns couldn’t keep him.
Yeah kind of reminds me Port's Ezra Poyas who couldn't play on Saturdays because of Shabbat. Be happy if 2MP was as good as Ezra.
#betterthanezra (crap 90s band)

This is where I look at it. He does not have to be great. All he needs to do is provide us with a bit of ruck and a bit of forward.
Actually he does. Or someone does. We are very thin on key forwards, Joey's left, and realistically we have one, still developing, ruckman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back