20 to 1 :One Hit Wonders

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm quite surprised Wheatus - Teenage dirtbag didn't get a guernsey.

sherb said:
Golden Earring sang Radar Love, that was a great song. :thumbsu: That would have been worth consideration for sure.

Signs was by the Five Man Electric Band.

Golden Earring also had another hit with "Twilight Zone" so they qualify as a two hit wonder.

kangaroo19 said:
What was the top 20 anyway? I only managed to catch the top 8 songs. Where was Aha, Boomtown Rats, and Devo?

Boomtown Rats had a couple of other hits inclduing Banana Republic. Devo had tons of hits including Satisfaction, Girl U Want, Freedom Of Choice and Beautiful World

hotpie said:
Boomtown Rats had a couple of other hits inclduing Banana Republic. Devo had tons of hits including Satisfaction, Girl U Want, Freedom Of Choice and Beautiful World

Girl U Want went number one in Australia. Satisfaction is "known" but wasn't a hit.

Don't know that Banana Republic was actually a hit but it was known. Much like Someone's Looking at You and Diamond Smiles were.

Leaping Lindner said:
Girl U Want went number one in Australia. Satisfaction is "known" but wasn't a hit..

I think it went top 40 at least.

TuskenRaider said:
Why is it when a singer is asked about a certain song, they have to sing it out aloud to show that they too can sing. ie. Kate Ceberano. Pretty sure this phenomena is not exclusive to her either.

Made me want to vomit at least 5 times last night.

**** yeah - that really ****ed me off!

rick James said:
I'm quite surprised Wheatus - Teenage dirtbag didn't get a guernsey.

Wheatus had another hit with Leeroy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jarryd_S said:
Watched a countdown of the Best Guitarists of all time, might've been VH1, maybe MusicMax. I lost all respect for that channel following that countdown. Eric Clapton at 6, so at this point I'm thinking "Well if Clapton's not, then Hendrix HAS to be number 1". Hendrix at number 2, SANTANA at number 1. Joke of a list.

Would've been MusicMax, their countdowns suck big time.

Having said that Santana rocks hard.

If anyone cares, here's the full list:

1. "My Sharona" - The Knack
2. "Born to Be Alive" - Patrick Hernandez
3. "Video Killed the Radio Star" - The Buggles
4. "Turning Japanese" - The Vapors
5. "Funkytown" - Lipps Inc
6. "Come on Eileen" - Dexys Midnight Runners
7. "Spirit in the Sky" - Norman Greenbaum
8. "99 Luftballons" - Nena
9. "Don't Worry, Be Happy" - Bobby McFerrin
10. "Pass the Dutchie" - Musical Youth
11. "Rockin' Robin" - Bobby Day
12. "Slice of Heaven" - Dave Dobbyn & The Herbs
13. "Counting the Beat" - The Swingers
14. "Tubthumping" - Chumbawamba
15. "I'll Be Gone" - Spectrum
16. "Mickey" - Toni Basil
17. "Achy Breaky Heart" - Billy Ray Cyrus
18. "Venus" - Shocking Blue
19. "Mambo No. 5" - Lou Bega
20. "Tainted Love" - Soft Cell

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20_to_1:_One_Hit_Wonders

Monkster said:
Would've been MusicMax, their countdowns suck big time.

Having said that Santana rocks hard.

Their countdowns are shocking. As an example Heaven(must be there) is rated 130 in the greatest songs of all time but doesn't even appear in their list of the top 200 Australian songs.:confused:

Jerome said:
I thought he had 2 - "Green Door" and "This Old House".
What about "You Drive Me Crazy" (or as he sang it, "You Drive Me Cwaeaeazy")? "Oh Julie", "It's Late" and "Cry Just a Little Bit" were others.

Weaver said:
Survivor were around forever but did they ever have a hit here other than Eye of The Tiger?

Burning Heart from Rocky IV?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back