***2007 Southern Sharks Season Thread***

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys, all match reports, B&F votes, team discussion and general chit chat will now be done here. Preseason training is now over and weekly match training has begun.

Players are expected to post in each match thread before and after every game.

This will constitute your training.

Players who post, support the team and their teammates will get their rewards.

Those who consistantly fail to post will lose their spot.

It's not hard to do, so get involved and have a good year.

Cheers,

FR

Preseason Cup - Round 1

The Southern Sharks thrashed the Mt Buller Demons today in a one sided game at Shark Park. The Sharks were on the ball early, kicking 7 goals to none in a devastating first quarter. From there the lead blew out to over 10 goals and with the fianl margin 59 points, the Sharks were never headed.

Coach Ken Patterson was very happy with the win, saying it was good to get it out of the way. "We can now concentrate on next week," he said.

The Sharks had winners all over the ground. Captain Frankston Rover starred in the ruck, having 20 kicks and booting 5 goals. Jackson_Rules had a great game, amassing 30 possesions and a goal, new recruit Kapow!!! had 28 touches and looked very promising and DonMania#5 booted 4 goals.

The Shark defence was also very impressive with Hawkers, Hawkaz1, legitimatic and Jeremias holding their opponents well.

The only player down on their usual lofty standards was McPhee_Is_A_Gun. He struggled to get into the match and although he kicked 3 goals, honours went to his opponent.

All in all though, an impressive win to the new kids on the block. Lets hope this form continues throughout the season.

Code:
SHARKS            7    2        11   9        14   17       19   21   135      
DEMONS            0    5        4    8        5    12       10   16   76

Goals:

Frankston Rover - 5, DonMania#5 - 4, McPhee_Is_A_Gun - 3, Stoney Sausageroll - 2, Kapow!!!, Jackson_Rules Jeremias - 1

Best:

Frankston Rover, Jackson_Rules, Hawkers, Kapow!!!, DonMania#5

Well done boys. Seems all that hard training has paid off. Hopefully we'll keep the form up through the season

Quality effort that first quarter. Blew them apart all over the oval and they had no comeback

Great start to the season! Plenty of more wins coming up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Kenny drags me after 2 minutes and I dont return to the field again I will be seeking a trade!:D

C'mon Kenny!

Kenny, being the great coach that he is, already knew we would win by a big margin so he took you off so there was no chance of you getting injured. Kenny knows that you are an importaint part of this team so he is saving you for the big matches.

Kenny, being the great coach that he is, already knew we would win by a big margin so he took you off so there was no chance of you getting injured. Kenny knows that you are an importaint part of this team so he is saving you for the big matches.

HaHa thanks Hawkaz...... But i dont need it sugercoated!!!! Looking forward to next week!

SHARKS CRUSH DISAPPOINTING HAWKS

The form sides of the competition played off today in the second round of the Preseason Cup. What followed was a dismantling of the Hawks as the Southern Sharks bandwagon rolled on.

In only their second official match, the Sharks were too strong running out 52 point winners. The game showed promise early on with a tight first quarter but the Sharks kicked 15 goals to 7 after quarter time to run out big winners.

The Sharks had winners all over the ground. Gun recruit Jackson_Rules dominated in the centre, racking up 21 possesions and kicking 3 goals. In defense, again the Sharks were impressive. None more so than full back Hawkers, who has been a revelation early in the year. Not only did he keep his opponent goalless he won the ball himself and gave plenty of drive from the back half. Delideo had his best game for the Sharks, taking 10 marks and providing a great link between defense and attack.

The ruck was an interesting battle, with the Hawks winning more of the tapouts but, for the second week in a row, the Sharks captain Frankston Rover, led by example. He had 18 kicks, laid 8 tackles and kicked 3.2 in another great performance.

Up forward, McPhee_Is_A_Gun retuned to form with a bag of 5, KingRich returned after last weeks heavy knock to show his worth and in the midfield the regulars in Stoney, Amos and BR&G did superb jobs.

All in all an impressive and emphatic win which gives the Sharks a huge chance to win silverware in only their first two months of existence.

Next week they take on the Geelong Gumbies in what should be a tough, close affair. But as the Sharks have shown, they have the ability to take any side apart.

Code:
HAWKS SENIORS Vs SHARKS SENIORS
HAWKS             3    4        5    6        7    7        10   7    67       
SHARKS            3    4        9    7        13   7        18   11   119

Best: Jackson_Rules, Hawkers, Frankston Rover, Amos, KingRich

Goals: McPhee_Is_A_Gun 5, Jackson_Rules, Amos, Frankston Rover 3, Jeremias, Defier, Sausageroll, Stoney 1.

Great win, Sharks. We really have transformed into a gun unit. We could've gone the way of the Brisbane Bears when they joined the AFL and were a bunch of misfits who were, well, not excellent. We're the kind of team that movies are made of.

On a personal note, lovely to get that three goal monkey off my back, too, so if anyon'e keen to do some sparring at training, let me know, because I'm officially allowed back in the ring. Stoney? Booney?

GO SHARKS!

On a personal note, lovely to get that three goal monkey off my back, too, so if anyon'e keen to do some sparring at training, let me know, because I'm officially allowed back in the ring. Stoney? Booney?

GO SHARKS!

I know Stoney owes you one. But Booney?
Oh yeah, there was that incident in the parking lot but I hear Lara's shaping up as a good alibi for you.

Great win again Sharks. Keep the streak going!

Welcome aboard MM. :thumbsu:

Thanks mate
033.gif

Great to soon be a part of this great team :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back