2009 Trade Discussion - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Fev relies on goals to get his scores.

He kicked 8.4 on the weekend which is 88 points by itself (including the kicks, but not including the marks).

If he goes scoreless one week or only kicks 2-3, his score would be significantly lower (which you find is often the case with 60s-70s often common for fev).

that's one argument - but the other is he'll probably kick 100 this year

which means he'll probably average 4-5 goals a game from here on in plus a few points

so with the kicks that's close to 55 points average per game just from scores.

i don't mind inconsistent players, as long as the average is good. of course inconsistent isn't too crash hot if you are going for a league win

I think you just defer the Skipworth trade for 5-6 weeks and trade players who are ready to be traded (like walker last week). Other players get pushed forward in the queue whilst I wait for some more money from Skipworth. If the planets well and truly align then Richardson will have plummeted and it'll be a cheaper trade.

You've made me rethink my plans re: skipworth though. Always good to read other thoughts.

for me it will all depend on how much Pav goes up, cause at the moment his value is special.

I am seriously considering keeping skipworth and upgrading houlihan as i think skipworth has more upside.

I need a back downgrade target but there are none so i am hoping petreko holds his place for one more week and then i will try and upgrade him for lockyer.

Apparently Robinson was BOG for the bullants today also..

stephen hill - 105 imo BoG good decision not to trade him. Looks like he's finally used to AFL speed.

deboer - Who? hardly noticed him whole game. Kicked a goal I think from Eagles turnover close to goal but other then that, no impact.
Cockie - Good early, hard body, went missing 2nd half.
Based on their first games not sure deboer/cockie are going to be the right cows to be downgrading to. At least i wont be anyway.

Just on Cockie, you gotta remember he played only last Monday, so he had very limited time on ground this game, especially 2nd half. I would think that if he played again next week, which I think is warranted as there were several others who were worse than him, he would get more game time. Just my opinion but...

Just one trade this week, although maybe two, if I downgrade Walker.

Petrenko ---> Greenwood will happen if Raines is named and so is Greenwood.

which means he'll probably average 4-5 goals a game from here on in plus a few points

i don't mind inconsistent players, as long as the average is good. of course inconsistent isn't too crash hot if you are going for a league win
He kicked 100 last year though and only averaged 82. Check mate.

At least Fev scores some nice tonnes here and there. Plus it was always thought once Carlton came good, Fev would see more of it. He's been struggling with injury early in the season but has still outscored Franklin and Brown. Now that he's getting over his injury, plus Carlton's draw getting easier, who knows?

I planned to get Franklin or Giansiracusa this round, but they're both just not scoring at the moment. How much faith can you put on these guys to turn it around? Before you know it the season could be over.

Have considered that but the extra 30ish grand would probably allow me to straight swap Krakouer -> Didak by around round 9.

It is either that or use a LTI/Sideways trade which I have only planned on saving 6 of those to bring in Coughlan. This means a cow will have to be used to upgrade Krakouer -> Didak.

Of course Liam Anthony, when fit, will take Collins spot on the field meaning 1 of Rich/Coughlan/Anthony will have to sit on the bench.

If I get Collins, by the time Anthony comes back he should be ready to downgrade meaning I should be able to upgrade Raines with the cash generated.

Even so Collins security is very shakey i cant see him playing past next week
Cotchin, Nathan Brown, Cousins, Simmonds, Schultz, Raines all to come back in within the next 2 weeks .... Collins will be one of the first out.

I would take a punt and get De Boer/Cockie if i was in ur situation

Cockie:
Higher Ceiling than deboer
Not as good security

DeBoer:
Freo WILL persist with rookies would think his safe for 4 or 5 rounds especially with the way Hill panned out
Most likely not as good scorer as Cockie

Cockie was the better WAFL player.

Ok, so are you going to base your decision off what he averaged at that pace over 5 rounds, or 22?

Personal preference, but id much rather gia/brown.

Ok, so are you going to base your decision off what he averaged at that pace over 5 rounds, or 22?

Personal preference, but id much rather gia/brown.

They've played 6 rounds, but bugger me if I know who I'm gonna bring in. I could do a lot worse than Fev. Brown's cheaper, but is playing in a lesser side and he doesn't have the durability Fev has. Giansiracusa is like ROK. - I can't touch him until he shows something.

I also like a player that has a good excuse for being underpriced / underperforming. Fev has his bruised heel. Brown has his midfield supply. Franklin has Roughead stealing the focal point + inaccuracy. Giansiracusa has Higgins stealing his role, as well as overcoming a harsh early draw. ROK has a complete and utter lack of heart for his club.

It's all about deciding which excuse is the best, and which can be rectified quickest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even so Collins security is very shakey i cant see him playing past next week
Cotchin, Nathan Brown, Cousins, Simmonds, Schultz, Raines all to come back in within the next 2 weeks .... Collins will be one of the first out.

I would take a punt and get De Boer/Cockie if i was in ur situation

Cockie:
Higher Ceiling than deboer
Not as good security

DeBoer:
Freo WILL persist with rookies would think his safe for 4 or 5 rounds especially with the way Hill panned out
Most likely not as good scorer as Cockie

Cockie was the better WAFL player.
You do have a good point :thumbsu:, although he has scored 5 goals in his first 3 games. This shows me he can kick goals even when not playng as a forward. I did plan on trading Otten to Cockie/DeBoer next week but now I'm considering getting them both or is that to much of a risk having 1 of them start each week until Liam Anthony returns?

It's either get a rookie(Cockie/DeBoer) plus save a trade or get Coughlan. Hard decision.

I should put this into context. Like a lot of people I'm facing the "who in for Taylor Walker" dilemma that many coaches are. Personally I believe you have to upgrade him as there's not a single good downgrade option you can bring in for him at this time.

Hence the debate of the sub 380K forwards. - A weak pool this year if you ask me.

You do have a good point :thumbsu:, although he has scored 5 goals in his first 3 games. This shows me he can kick goals even when not playng as a forward. I did plan on trading Otten to Cockie/DeBoer next week but now I'm considering getting them both or is that to much of a risk having 1 of them start each week until Liam Anthony returns?

It's either get a rookie(Cockie/DeBoer) plus save a trade or get Coughlan. Hard decision.

There is even more to come back in Richmonds team that was just off the top of my head. If it was me in ur situation i would:

Beams > Coughlan (its only costing u an extra 40k instead of collins)

Next week
Otten > Cockie/Deboer (will make u 185k)

But i dunno all the variables that come into play with ur squad etc. How many 0s u will have in the midfield if u dont trade, how many trades u have used, current kitty etc..

Personally i like Coughlan but ill be keeping Beams his only out for one or two. Think he could reach 250k.

I should put this into context. Like a lot of people I'm facing the "who in for Taylor Walker" dilemma that many coaches are. Personally I believe you have to upgrade him as there's not a single good downgrade option you can bring in for him at this time.

Hence the debate of the sub 380K forwards. - A weak pool this year if you ask me.

errrm this is one of the strongest pools i have seen for a long time. Goodwin, Gia, Didak , Richo, JB, Buddy, Lids all around or under that "380k"
Anyways u seem to dismiss everyones opinion so just bring in Fevola and when he avgs well under the guys mentioed above dont come here and whinge like a little girl, saying how unlucky u are etc.

There is even more to come back in Richmonds team that was just off the top of my head. If it was me in ur situation i would:

Beams > Coughlan (its only costing u an extra 40k instead of collins)

Next week
Otten > Cockie/Deboer (will make u 185k)

But i dunno all the variables that come into play with ur squad etc. How many 0s u will have in the midfield if u dont trade, how many trades u have used, current kitty etc..

Personally i like Coughlan but ill be keeping Beams his only out for one or two. Think he could reach 250k.
I'd be copping 1 zero if Ablett and Beams both miss. I think I may just cop it :thumbsdown:

The money I generate from Otten -> Cockie + what is in the bank would allow me to upgrade both Ziebell and Hill -> Richo and Mackie.

I have question marks over Beams slotting straight back in the team though, what do you think?

What is your rank by the way? :p

I think that this year has proven that you can probably chuck out some of the stats from the last few years because the game has changed so much.

I think Fev will average more than JB and Gia because his ordinary games this year are no where near as bad as previous years. I also heard an interview with him yesterday stating that Ratten has told that he doesn't want him just sitting in the F50, but rotating up around CHF. Also, Carlton are better.

Hi everyone, first post for me. What should I do with Beams? I have no cover for him and I'm thinking about upgrading him. I'm thinking of getting Swan but looking at Joel Corey's price, he looks very tempting. Who will average my for the year?

Thanks in advance - MattDoggies

Hi everyone, first post for me. What should I do with Beams? I have no cover for him and I'm thinking about upgrading him. I'm thinking of getting Swan but looking at Joel Corey's price, he looks very tempting. Who will average my for the year?

Thanks in advance - MattDoggies

You can't go wrong with either of them, Corey as a good price at the moment.

I'd be copping 1 zero if Ablett and Beams both miss. I think I may just cop it :thumbsdown:

The money I generate from Otten -> Cockie + what is in the bank would allow me to upgrade both Ziebell and Hill -> Richo and Mackie.

I have question marks over Beams slotting straight back in the team though, what do you think?

What is your rank by the way? :p

I would be surprised if Beams wasnt back by round 9.
2 weeks recovering 1 week in the 2's.
Heh the last 2 rounds have killed me with mass zeros :mad: atm im pressing in the top 300 which im disappointed with. A Season best of 16th.

when do pleople think it will be the right time to move mitch brown out?

and who do you think will increase in value more out of houlihan or skipworth?

**** I am absolutely stumped with what to do with Porplyzia. At the moment I have really identified 5 players I want to upgrade to premiums in my team. Those being Geary, Raines, Otten, Lucas and Hasleby. I expected Porps to be doing a hell of a lot better than this however that is obviously not the case. Probably my only real stuff up in my first 30 players I had at the beginning of the season as I should have realised he would be forced closer to goal. Might be a bargain when Burton comes back but for now I think its time to trade him. If I bump that 5 up to 6 that means I have pretty much got 4 trades there for injuries/crazy good upgrades come finals time. Is this enough trades? Is Porps going to come good?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back