2010 MLB Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillies dealing again at the deadline this year- Oswalt acquired from Houston for JA Happ plus two minor leaguers who are in A ball now. Long way to go to see if they will ever make it.

Plujs, Houston threw in $11m, which is about half of Roy's salry for the rest of this year and 2011. Looks like amaro does it again at the deadline- Lee last year, Oswalt this year....see if that puts us back in the Series this year.

It's the perfect day (well almost).

Not only did the Giants sweep the Dodgers in LA last week for the first time in 3 years, but they also Swept the hapless Dodgers in SF, with a 2-0 victory off Matt Cain's 7 innings shutout.:D

The Giants now have a 2 game lead in the Wildcard, and are only 1.5 games out of 1st in the division.

We haven't been this good since the days of Barry.:D

Hey all,

I'm over in the states at the minute and, thanks to my close friend, I got treated to some absolutely awesome seats for the first of the two game set between the Yankees and Rangers. :thumbsu:

Pretty intense little series which definitely had some play off intensity about it, it was the Yankees after all!

I got some pretty nice pictures which I'd like to share, but I'm pretty novice when it come to posting pics up here. So if anyone can give me a step by step guide, that would be a huge help. In the mean time, I'll try to figure it out for myself. ;)

Cheers!
M_E

Upload them onto a photo sharing site like imageshack.

It will give you a link with

Sounds like Chipper Jones is just about done after blowing out his knee.

Yep, ol' Larry is gone after blowing out his knee- what a shame. Class act, very good player. I remember seeing him play AAA ball in Toledo in the early 90s.

Crazy game on Fox Sports, between the Giants and the Reds.

2 pitchers who on their day can pitch shutouts, get blown out early, and now it's 13-5 Giants way after 5 innings.

Great to see some Homers hit in San Fran, where usually it's so hard to hit them.

It's a hot old night though, and the wind is blowing out over centre field, so it's "easy" conditions for the hitters.

Still, 13-5 after 5 innings, WOW.

Steven Strasburg to have Tommy John surgery- so much for the 100 mph fastball- we'll see if he is a pitcher in another year or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pitchers only ever come back throwing harder because it encourages them to do more to strengthen their arm and improve their conditioning. The surgery doesn't magically make someone a better pitcher. It can make them significantly worse...or not a pitcher at all.

For anyone at home, or anywhere near a TV, chuck it on ONE HD, NOW.

Tim Lincecum vs Ubaldo Jimenez, one of the pitching matchups of the season, even if Tim is a little out of form.

Huge game for both teams too, Giants still in the hunt for both the wildcard and the division, and the Rockies aren't that far back either.

they said on espn pitchers usually come back throwing faster

Speaking of fastballs, Aroldis Chapman, 22 year old Reds pitcher threw a pitch at 104 mph tonight after hitting 102 last night. His slidder tonight was hitting 89 mph. 2 innings (1 tonight, 1 last night) in the big league, faced just 6 batters, 3 strike outs and 0 hits. He's inline for his first win tonight as the Reds have just scored 6 in the 7th to lead the Brewers 6 - 1 at the top of the 8th.

holy s**t... check out the fight in the Marlins and Nats game, they showed a bit of it just then on ESPN, will show more shortly.

Morgan who started it has been shoulder charging catchers lately, this time he charged and swung at the pitcher.

holy s**t... check out the fight in the Marlins and Nats game, they showed a bit of it just then on ESPN, will show more shortly.

Morgan who started it has been shoulder charging catchers lately, this time he charged and swung at the pitcher.
Now that was a fight.

Morgan has an ice hockey background, and they were saying with the charges he has been having, it was going to "blowup" as soon as they pitched at him or behind him.

No surprises, I loved the first basemans closeline on Morgan, that was a great hit.

Oh yeah, and Timmy Lincecum is back, 8 innings, 5 hits, 1 earned run, and he beat Jimenez as the Giants win 2-1 and take the series 2-1 also.:)

The Rox catcher beat Jimenez
True, that was a stupid throw, but he had to make it, as a good throw would have got the out.

Had to laugh when that happened, as a Giants fan.:D

Giants 1.5 games back in the wild card race, and 3 games back in the division.

As always, they will miss out by 1-2 games.:(

No surprises, I loved the first basemans closeline on Morgan, that was a great hit.

He did a nice job indeed. Morgan almost cleaned up Volkstad with the flying punch but skimmed his chin/ear instead, that could have been nasty if he connected.

You got to love how the first start, you'd think the batter would be so stupid and throw the 'weapon' he has in his hand away. :p

If I ever got beaten up by someone named Gabby, I think I'd just quit life.

In all seriousness, I don't have any problems with what Morgan did yesterday. It was early in the game, so the lead wasn't really safe (as seen by the way the Nats came back with all those runs) and he had every right to steal those bases. When they threw at him again, he had to charge the mound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back