Remove this Banner Ad

Macca_

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
200px-Melbourne_Victory.svg.png

2011/12 Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread
Thread for the diehard Victory fans. Discuss players, transfers, matches and rumours!

I like it!

Once Kewell is wrapped up we DESPARATELY need another CB and LB. I have heard that the club are confident that Franjic and Foschini will play in a lot if not all games this year- but clearly our defence is our achilles heal...

Definitely! With Kewell and a better defense, another title will surely be headed our way!

The arrogance :thumbsu: Hope you never change Victory fans..

It would be nice to be joined at the summit by another group of fans that have been missing for years.

*ing Perth need to sort their sh*t out ASAP. Still always make for a good laugh when they're on a tour of duty. :thumbsu:

It would be nice to be joined at the summit by another group of fans that have been missing for years.

*ing Perth need to sort their sh*t out ASAP. Still always make for a good laugh when they're on a tour of duty. :thumbsu:

I agree- Perth fans deserve better than what they've received throughout the A-League journey. Year after year of pre-season promise shattered within the first 2 months. It gets said every year but- they really do likely on paper this year!

Anyways back OT- who is available as a CB or LB that we should target? We no doubt have dik all salary cap space but really need another experienced defender...

I agree- Perth fans deserve better than what they've received throughout the A-League journey. Year after year of pre-season promise shattered within the first 2 months. It gets said every year but- they really do likely on paper this year!

Anyways back OT- who is available as a CB or LB that we should target? We no doubt have dik all salary cap space but really need another experienced defender...

There aren't too many defenders out there available that I know of. I mean, there are a ton of defenders out there overseas if the club begins scouting for some.

That being said I'm sure if the club gave somebody a crack from the VPL they'd go pretty well. I'm happy with them promoting youth like Franjic and Foschini. They've impressed, particularly under Mem's short reign.

FWIW, Perth could bring in Ronaldo, Cesc, Vidic and Rooney and they'd still finish outside of the finals. Why? THEY KEEP HIRING SH*T MANAGERS! It is beyond the comprehension of the more intelligent minds on earth why they would still be going with Ferguson. FFS, get out of this league ya Scottish HACK!

Can't wait to see Cernak and Rojas on the wings this year :D
I think we've upgraded from Duganzic here :thumbsu:

I would rather us sort out our depth in defence atm rather than the whole Kewell fiasco but i guess both would be nice :p

Can't wait to see Cernak and Rojas on the wings this year :D
I think we've upgraded from Duganzic here :thumbsu:

I would rather us sort out our depth in defence atm rather than the whole Kewell fiasco but i guess both would be nice :p

Yeah we've definitely upgraded- Rojas especially. As a few other have said enjoy watching him as by the end of the season there will be a queue of suiters in Europe coming after him!

Patrick Hopkins might be a CB you guys sign. Very very promising player from Wolves up here in the Premier League. Has scored about 16 goals from defence this season in a side that has swept all before them this year. Could be a great signing imo.

So if/when Kewell comes to Victory where does he play? Does he take one of the kids' spots on the wing or do we stick him in the guts and control the game? Personally I'd like to see the latter but either works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt that it'll be reigning goals for the Victory this season. All they need now is a solid defensive line.

IMO

Release or Sell Archie Move carlos up to a marquee spot sign another defender

My Current Starting 11

-------Tando-----
Foshini-Leijer-Franjic-Kemp
-----Brebs-Brox------
-Cernak---------Rojas
--------Carlos-----
-----Kewell-Allsopp---

Bench
2nd Choice Keeper
Vargas
Ferreria
Solanazo

Why do you rate Carlos all of a sudden?

New season new catch-phrase; 'sell archie keep carlos'!

Strong speculation that we're trying to offload Carlos this week to restructure salary cap. Need to fit some defenders in and Kewell has been ear marked to play just behind the strikers in Carlos' old role...

This year's memberships will be capped at 18,000. Already at 12k will reach that figure fairly soon I think. Hopefully this cap increases crowds as last year there were about 23k members and it meant there were only a few gen admin seats at AAMI each week, meaning misssing members = lower crowds.

So if you boys havent signed up/renewed already and are planning to do so hurry up!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back