2012 Eliminator Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

^^^^^^^^
Love it when the gods conspire like this.

A bit like not studying for that important exam, and then finding out on the morning that it's been deferred for a week because of a mistake on the exam paper.

Playing a guy with 9 zeroes before trades compared to my one.

Looks like I'll be going through again thanks to the draw.

Similar. Looks like the team i am up against got through because they would have had 1-2 donuts the previous two rounds, but his team looks like it will cop 6 or so this time around. I will have 2.

My guy looks like he'll have 5 0's, I'm going to have 7. Not sure if I should go all in & use 2 of my final 6 trades to try & get through, or just leave it.

Depends really on your team and your long terms strategy....

Not worth damaging it just to win a round in the Eliminator (even this far in) IMHO....especially if you are low in trades.

Should be an easy win this week.
Before trades
Me: Heppell Waters Swan Thompson Watson Elliott Gibson
Him: Lake McDonald Adams Cloke Dickson

Don't know how he got through the previous rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping to keep progressing. I have 4 zeroes after trades and he has 9 zeroes before trades.

So he did 3 trades to reduce his zeroes to 6. Gonna be real close as Enright and Chappy are uniques for him and they got 235 between them and I have some average rookies filling holes as extra players.

Should progress given my opponent has 2 extra donuts and I have better uniques than him, however we all know how fornicated up this game is.

Me - Overall ranking 12K, Eliminator ranking 1394
Them - Overall ranking about 3K, Eliminator ranking 721

1115 (14) vs 1224 (15)
Both have Giles, Porps, S.Shaw

Trying to match up remaining uniques (diff in averages)
Monfries vs Darley (+17)
Stanton vs Dangerfield (+28)
Dempsey vs Johnson (-19)
Treloar vs Gibson (+5)
Shiel vs McDonald (-9)
Callinan vs 118 (-52)

Looks like I'm probably out - about 50 short I think.:(

Need someone to carve out a 150.....

Edit: Dempsey out scores Johnson by 40, who woulda thunk?
Line ball now....

I'm through. 7 points ahead with Thompson still playing.

Managed to sneak home by 4 points. Extremely lucky.

Now that the byes are out of the way, it'll truly be "the better team won" from here onwards.

got through with 1585,

Lucky draw as he was pretty crippled with Gaj, Gibbs, Ziebell, Hayes, Dale Thomas as his 5 mids.

I went hard to complete my team as soon as possible this year and If I bring in Swan I will complete my team. Hasve a few mid range keepers (Lake, Hargrave, Rockliff, Martin, Pavlich) but can't justify trading them out until later in year if lack of injuries permits.

So If I lose I will know I gave it a good crack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back