News 2012 Media Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So what we know so far:

Round 3: GWS vs StKilda at Manuka (Saturday or Sunday Evening)
Round 4: StKilda vs Essendon (have to be Friday Night or Saturday Arvo)
Round 5: StKilda vs Sydney at Wellington, 7.40pm (5.40pm our time)

Reckon Round 6 will be Collingwood as its fair on both sides with same length of break. Bombers vs Swans in other game, it makes sense but then again this is the AFL we are talking about!

Knowing our luck with father-sons, I bet Rooey will move to the States when he retires and have an absolute freak of an athlete for a kid - someone perfect for AFL - but he'll choose to play basketball or NFL.

Plus Goose will have a kid who wins a brownlow, 99 games goddamnit.

Knowing our luck with father-sons, I bet Rooey will move to the States when he retires and have an absolute freak of an athlete for a kid - someone perfect for AFL - but he'll choose to play basketball or NFL.

I get the feeling that Cath wants to stay in Australia. Oh, and she mentioned that a lot of her family went to Baylor - I know one of their senior theology faculty there, and it's a flipping awesome uni. Got quite a reputation for developing people of fine character. If her family has that kind of culture (not to mention the cash - Baylor ain't exactly a community college), then Roo is marrying into a really wonderful group of people.

I get the feeling that Cath wants to stay in Australia. Oh, and she mentioned that a lot of her family went to Baylor - I know one of their senior theology faculty there, and it's a flipping awesome uni. Got quite a reputation for developing people of fine character. If her family has that kind of culture (not to mention the cash - Baylor ain't exactly a community college), then Roo is marrying into a really wonderful group of people.
I dunno, that house by the lake sounds like a pretty sweet crib

Ex-Saint Brett Peake has signed with East Fremantle for 2013 -2014.

You have to give it to the AFL and their media unit. We have had talks of trade week, now going for weeks (or is it months) occupying online and all media outlets. And as we are all aware this still has an eternity to run.

Now we no longer simply release the next years draw. The AFL now drips feed the draw, to gain multiple media events. Will this be drawn out for the next 2, 3, 4 ???? weeks as we get the draw in instalments?

What is on the horizon as the next media events in the programmed items to keep AFL in the public minds:

- Rule Changes for 2013 season

- Rules to trial for 2013 pre-season

- Reviews - club funding, grounds, medical and off field staff costs pay and funding, Free Agency, Player trading

- Investigation into Essendon and its duty for Work Health and Safety with players, due to their new exercise and conditioning program

- Pre-season scandals at club level (are these planned for and timetabled in?)

- Discussion and releases on the next AFL broadcast agreement with TV, Radio, Cable, and internet operators

- Release of scientific studies on hardness / softness, wetness / dryness/ grass length / grass shortness and its effect on player health

- Comments or policy releases by AFL Admin to pick deliberate fights with specific AFL presidents, ie Eddie

Make your own list and then sit back and enjoy the AFL media show. Is it still news if its been planned for, created and then drip feed to you?

According to the Gold Coast local paper it is confirmed that StKilda play Gold Coast at Metricon Rd 1

Cheers for that mate. So we play Gold Coast & GWS in opening 3 rounds!! :)

According to the Gold Coast local paper it is confirmed that StKilda play Gold Coast at Metricon Rd 1

Bit rough.

Rnd 1 2010 - Sydney at ANZ Stadium
Rnd 1 2011 - Port at AAMI
Rnd 1 2012 - interstate again?

Thanks for the info.

If we play them both that early probably means we'll play them twice. Could be huge come finals time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the info.

If we play them both that early probably means we'll play them twice. Could be huge come finals time.
no guarentee at all- we have been known to not play a team till rd 22/23 for the once and only
last year we played GC twice before we even got close to GWS

Round 1 vs Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium
Round 2 vs TBC
Round 3 vs GWS at Manuka
Round 4 vs Essendon
Round 5 vs Sydney at Wellington
Round 6 vs TBC
Round 7 vs Carlton

I can only imagine the inconsistencies in enforcing this rule.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149928/default.aspx

Forwards such as St Kilda's Ahmed Saad may need to spend the summer perfecting shorter kicking routines, with umpires to be stricter on policing the 30-second set shot time limit next season.

The young Saint's ritual this year involved a run-up of around 30 walking-pace steps, and sometimes took as long as 45 seconds to complete.

Under the existing interpretation of the 30-second rule, players such as Saad were not called to play on, provided they started their approach within 25 seconds of taking a mark or gaining a free kick.

But in releasing its rule changes for 2013 this week, the AFL declared a heavier focus on ensuring players put boot to ball within the half-minute deadline.

The AFL's Adrian Afterthought "So if you want to do a longer run-up, you'll need to start your run-up earlier."

Idiots.

People LOVED Saad's run-up - it became part of the theatre of the game. AFL clamping down on that, while Buddy can do his "arc" whenever it suits him.

Hypocritical, inconsistent bunch of twats.

111028_milne.jpg

http://www.saints.com.au/milney's schools program/tabid/18514/default.aspx

Idiots.

People LOVED Saad's run-up - it became part of the theatre of the game. AFL clamping down on that, while Buddy can do his "arc" whenever it suits him.

Hypocritical, inconsistent bunch of twats.
Typical kneejerk reaction from the AFL.

oprah-you-get-a-car-o.gif

"You get a rule! And you get a rule, everybody gets a rule!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back