2013 All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Mind boggling post, go watch some games.
Bias post, most people that watch footy this year will know there are at least 5 defenders ahead of Mackenzie for the key positions. Taylor, Carlisle, Thompson, Gibson, McPharlin.

All streets ahead.

Bias post, most people that watch footy this year will know there are at least 5 defenders ahead of Mackenzie for the key positions. Taylor, Carlisle, Thompson, Gibson, McPharlin.

All streets ahead.
Gibson and Thompson? No where near AA contention. Taylor, Carlisle, McPharlin and Mackenzie have been the standouts, then daylight.

All streets ahead.

If you really think Mackenzie isn't one of the top 5 defenders this year, you're streets behind.

Gibson and Thompson? No where near AA contention. Taylor, Carlisle, McPharlin and Mackenzie have been the standouts, then daylight.
You're a fool if you think Gibson & Thompson aren't in contention for a spot.

All an ABSOLUTE MILE ahead of Mackenzie.

Id have Jamison and McPharlin my FB and CHB combination, with Rutten, Carlisle, MacKenzie, Thompson and Taylor in contention for the two spots. Been some great backman this year. Great to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the Hawks, the players that should be in the squad.

Mitchell
Birchall
Bruest
Roughead
Gibson

Maybe Hodge

Definitely not hodge, what position does he play anyway? there are plenty of better mids and plenty of better defenders out there than him, his value is in his on field presence.

Swan wouldn't even be in the squad right now, let alone the team.

Not that it is the be all and end all but Swan is leading the Bigfooty Pies board MVP thus far, he has probably been better than you think this season..

I see him as more of a loose man in defence. Definitely what he was last year.

Does anyone actually watch Hawthorn games properly? Gibson plays on the first or second best KPF every week, if they are a leading type that goes up the ground he usually plays on them whilst Lake stays at home.

It sh*ts me that just because he is an extremely good spoiler and reader of the play that people think he just plays loose every week. He leaves his opponent often and helps the other defenders out when he can see it's the right option. Seriously underrated defender.

If the AA team was done right now:

B: Michael Hibberd, Jake Carlisle, Michael Johnson

HB: Corey Enright, Harry Taylor, Andrew Walker

C: Dan Hannebery, Kieren Jack, Dyson Heppell

HF: Jimmy Bartel, Nick Riewoldt, Jarryd Roughead

F: Lindsay Thomas, Josh Kennedy, Michael Walters

R: Will Minson, Jobe Watson, Gary Ablett

INT: Michael Barlow, Matthew Stokes, Grant Birchall, Patrick Dangerfield

Not that it is the be all and end all but Swan is leading the Bigfooty Pies board MVP thus far, he has probably been better than you think this season..

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's been terrible, but positional wise I just don't feel that he's been up there consistently with the other top end mids this year. A few more weeks like he put in against Melbourne and the like and he'll come into squad consideration.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back