Toast 2013 Milestone Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As our season opener is now just 2 days away, I thought it an appropriate time to have a look at our playing list and the milestones that await them in season 2013.

We have a number of fairly significant milestones on the horizon and some which are not so, but all make for interesting discussion regardless.

There are bound to be other milestones which I have not covered and I encourage everyone to contribute if I have missed anything.

Games
*Assuming they play every game

50 Games
Nick Duigan (38) - Round 12 vs Hawthorn
David Ellard (37) - Round 14 vs Sydney
Andrew Collins (36) - Round 15 vs Collingwood
Ed Curnow (30) - Round 21 vs Richmond - COMPLETED (Elimination Final vs Richmond)
Zach Tuohy (30) - Round 21 vs Richmond - COMPLETED

100 Games
Matthew Kreuzer (88) - Round 12 vs Hawthorn - COMPLETED (round 16 vs St Kilda)
Michael Jamison (87) - Round 14 vs Sydney - COMPLETED
Dennis Armfield (81) - Round 20 vs Western Bulldogs - COMPLETED

150 Games
Andrew Walker (142) - Round 8 vs Port Adelaide - COMPLETED
Marc Murphy (142) - Round 8 vs Port Adelaide - COMPLETED
Bryce Gibbs (134) - Round 17 vs North Melbourne - COMPLETED (round 20 vs Western Bulldogs)

200 Games
Kade Simpson (176) - SF vs Sydney

250 Games
Heath Scotland (244) - Round 8 vs Port Adelaide - COMPLETED
Chris Judd (239) - Round 12 vs Hawthorn - COMPLETED

Miscellaneous
Marc Murphy - If Marc reaches his 150 game milestone in round 8 vs Port Adelaide, he will become the 4th youngest Carlton player to reach 150 games. - COMPLETED
Heath Scotland - Heath has currently played 191 games for Carlton and is due to play his 200th game for the club in round 11 vs Essendon. - COMPLETED
Lachie Henderson - Lachie has currently played 45 games for Carlton and is due to play his 50th game for the club in round 5 vs Adelaide - COMPLETED
Andrew Walker - Andrew will become the 2nd indigenous footballer to play 150 games for the Carlton Football Club. - COMPLETED (round 8 vs Port Adelaide)

Kade Simpson - Kade is due to overtake Fred Gilby as the player having played the most games for Carlton in jumper number 6 with 180 games for the club in round 4 vs West Coast- COMPLETED

Jeff Garlett - Jeff is due to overtake Shane Robertson as the player having played the most games for Carlton in jumper number 38 with 81 games for the club in round 5 vs Adelaide - COMPLETED

Andrew Walker Andrew is set to become the 5th player to play 150 games for Carlton in the number 1 jumper. Walker will join Stephen Silvagni (212 games), Serge Silvagni (212), Ken Hands (211) and Frank Anderson (155) in achieving this feat. - COMPLETED (round 8 vs Port Adelaide)

Marc Murphy: Marc is set to become the 3rd player to play 150 games for Carlton in the number 3 jumper. Murphy will join Ken Hall (169 games) and Mike Fitzpatrick (150) in achieving this feat, and will pass Mike Fitzpatrick next week vs Brisbane to move to outright 2nd on this list. - COMPLETED (round 8 vs Port Adelaide)

Goals
Eddie Betts (263 goals) needs 37 goals in 2013 to reach 300 career goals.

Betts also needs 14 goals to pass Rex Hunt (276 goals) and enter the top 200 goalkickers of all time. - COMPLETED

Jarrad Waite (196 goals) needs 4 goals in 2013 to reach 200 career goals. - COMPLETED

Jeff Garlett (128 goals) needs 22 goals to reach 150 career goals. - COMPLETED

Matthew Kreuzer (48 goals) needs 2 goals to reach 50 career goals. - COMPLETED

Mitch Robinson (41 goals) needs 9 goals to reach 50 career goals.- COMPLETED

Chris Yarran (40 goals) needs 10 goals to reach 50 career goals. - COMPLETED

Marc Murphy (115 goals) needs 35 goals to reach 150 career goals. Murphy also needs 36 goals to surpass Mike Fitzpatrick (150 goals) as leading goalkicker in the number 3 jumper for Carlton.

Kade Simpson (111 goals) needs 19 goals to surpass Leo Brereton (129 goals) as leading goalkicker in the number 6 jumper for Carlton.

Levi Casboult (7 goals) needs 32 goals to surpass Peter Brown (38 goals) as leading goalkicker in the number 41 jumper for Carlton.

Dylan Buckley became the 23rd Carlton player to kick a goal with his first kick in senior football, on debut in round 3 vs Geelong. He joins current teammates Bryce Gibbs (round 1, 2007), Matthew Kreuzer (round 3, 2008), Jeff Garlett (round 1, 2009) and Luke Mitchell (round 23, 2012) in achieving this feat.

Andrew McInnes and Jaryd Cachia both kicked their first AFL goals in round 15 against St Kilda. Both players were in their 9th senior game.

Matthew Watson kicked his first AFL goal in round 18 against the Gold Coast Suns, in his 14th senior game

Brownlow Medal
Chris Judd (197 votes) currently finds himself in fourth place on the Brownlow medal career total list. He needs 6 votes to pass Leigh Matthews (3rd, 202 votes) and 19 votes to pass Robert Harvey (2nd, 215 votes). Gary Dempsey sits atop the list with 246 votes.

Chris Judd currently sits second on the list of games in which he has polled 3 votes, having polled the maximum in 44 games thus far in his career. Gary Dempsey and Robert Harvey share the lead with 45 '3 votes', which Judd should equal and pass quite comfortably this season.

The Coach
Mick Malthouse (386 wins) needs just two victories to equal Kevin Sheedy (388 wins) and become joint second on the list of total AFL/VFL wins coached. Jock McHale sits atop the list with 466 wins. - EQUALLED (round 5 vs Adelaide) and PASSED (round 6 vs Melbourne)

He also needs just 1 finals victory to claim the outright record for most finals victories coached. He currently sits equal top of that list with Jock McHale on 26 victories. Incidentally, he is also joint leader of having coached the most finals draws with 2 - equal with Jock McHale, Dick Reynolds and Tom Hafey. - COMPLETED

2013 Debutantes
Sam Rowe - Round 2 vs Collingwood
Dylan Buckley - Round 3 vs Geelong
Jaryd Cachia - Round 6 vs Melbourne
Troy Menzel - Round 8 vs Port Adelaide

I look forward to tracking the above milestones and seeing how many are reached in 2013. Which do you think will be met and passed? Which do you believe are out of reach for the coming season? Do you have any other quirky milestones which I have missed?

You forgot Marc Murphy's first Brownlow and Bryce Gibbs' first Norm Smith

I'm glad you mentioned the Brownlow, as that provides another two statistics.

Chris Judd currently finds himself in fourth place on the Brownlow medal career total list, with 197 votes. He needs 6 votes to pass Leigh Matthews (3rd, 202 votes) and 19 votes to pass Robert Harvey (2nd, 215 votes). Unfortunately, he won't be able to reach number 1 on the list (this season) - Gary Dempsey with 246 votes.

There is one Brownlow medal record that Judd will be able to break in 2013. He currently sits second on the list of games in which he has polled 3 votes, having polled the maximum in 44 games thus far in his career. Gary Dempsey and Robert Harvey share the lead with 45 '3 votes', which Judd should equal and pass quite comfortably this season.

I'm glad you mentioned the Brownlow, as that provides another two statistics.

Chris Judd currently finds himself in fourth place on the Brownlow medal career total list, with 197 votes. He needs 6 votes to pass Leigh Matthews (3rd, 202 votes) and 19 votes to pass Robert Harvey (2nd, 215 votes). Unfortunately, he won't be able to reach number 1 on the list (this season) - Gary Dempsey with 246 votes.

There is one Brownloe medal record that Judd will be able to break in 2013. He currently sits second on the list of games in which he has polled 3 votes, having polled the maximum in 44 games thus far in his career. Gary Dempsey and Robert Harvey share the lead with 45 '3 votes', which Judd should equal and pass quite comfortably this season.

Amazing stat! I'll remember that for when mates tell me that he's overrated. Would love to see him go BOG on Thursday off basically no pre-season.

Amazing stat! I'll remember that for when mates tell me that he's overrated. Would love to see him go BOG on Thursday off basically no pre-season.

Let there be no mistaking just how good Judd has been. I was born in 1989 and can say that he's easily one of, if not the best player I've seen. Not the best player of all time but does deserve to be mentioned when discussing the best of the best.

Another interesting statistic regarding Judd:

Chris Judd currently has to his name 3 John Nicholls Medals. That puts him equal 3rd on the list of Carlton Best & Fairest winners, with Kernahan, Bradley, Ratten & John James. This year he has the opportunity to elevate himself above that group and join Bruce Doull in equal 2nd, who has 4 to his name. Sitting atop of the list is obviously John Nicholls himself, who won the Carlton Best & Fairest on 5 occasions.

Not half bad for someone who has only been at the club for 5 seasons.

EDIT: Add that to his 2 B&F awards at West Coast, and that gives him 5. That would have to go close to the most Best & Fairest awards won by an individual player. It would also be interesting to see the total votes received by Judd in his time at Carlton. I wouldn't mind betting that he's near the top of that list, if not already there.

Games
*Assuming they play every game

50 Games
Nick Duigan (38) - Round 12 vs Hawthorn - this will happen
David Ellard (37) - Round 14 vs Sydney - won't happen
Andrew Collins (36) - Round 15 vs Collingwood - won't happen
Ed Curnow (30) - Round 21 vs Richmond - won't happen
Zach Tuohy (30) - Round 21 vs Richmond - touch and go

100 Games
Matthew Kreuzer (88) - Round 12 vs Hawthorn - this will happen
Michael Jamison (87) - Round 14 vs Sydney - this will happen
Dennis Armfield (81) - Round 20 vs Western Bulldogs - this will happen

150 Games
Andrew Walker (142) - Round 8 vs Port Adelaide - this will happen
Marc Murphy (142) - Round 8 vs Port Adelaide - this will happen
Bryce Gibbs (134) - Round 17 vs North Melbourne - this will happen

250 Games
Heath Scotland (244) - Round 8 vs Port Adelaide - this will happen
Chris Judd (239) - Round 11 vs Essendon - this will happen

Predictions in red, injury not withstanding. I can see Curnow missing a game here and there and I can see Armfield being in the majority of the season. Tuohy will go close.

Goals
Eddie Betts (263 goals) needs 37 goals in 2013 to reach 300 career goals. Betts also needs 14 goals to pass Rex Hunt (276 goals) and enter the top 200 goalkickers of all time. - this will happen

Jarrad Waite (196 goals) needs 4 goals in 2013 to reach 200 career goals. - this will happen ... just ;)

Jeff Garlett (128 goals) needs 22 goals to reach 150 career goals. - this will happen

Matthew Kreuzer (48 goals) needs 2 goals to reach 50 career goals. - this will happen

Mitch Robinson (41 goals) needs 9 goals to reach 50 career goals. - this will happen

Chris Yarran (40 goals) needs 10 goals to reach 50 career goals. - this will happen

Marc Murphy (115 goals) needs 35 goals to reach 150 career goals. Murphy also needs 36 goals to surpass Mike Fitzpatrick (150 goals) as leading goalkicker in the number 3 jumper for Carlton. - won't happen

Kade Simpson (111 goals) needs 19 goals to surpass Leo Brereton (129 goals) as leading goalkicker in the number 6 jumper for Carlton. - touch and go

Levi Casboult (7 goals) needs 32 goals to surpass Peter Brown (38 goals) as leading goalkicker in the number 41 jumper for Carlton. - touch and go

Brownlow Medal
Chris Judd (197 votes) currently finds himself in fourth place on the Brownlow medal career total list. He needs 6 votes to pass Leigh Matthews (3rd, 202 votes) and 19 votes to pass Robert Harvey (2nd, 215 votes). Gary Dempsey sits atop the list with 246 votes.

Chris Judd currently sits second on the list of games in which he has polled 3 votes, having polled the maximum in 44 games thus far in his career. Gary Dempsey and Robert Harvey share the lead with 45 '3 votes', which Judd should equal and pass quite comfortably this season.

He will get the two 3 voters he needs. As for most votes, there is nothing for it .... Judd to get 50 votes this year to pass Dempsey. :)

Another simple one - Chris Judd is one of 12 players in the history of the game to have won multiple Brownlow Medals.

8 players have won it twice - Judd, Adam Goodes, Robert Harvey, Greg Williams, Peter Moore, Keith Greig, Roy Wright, Bill Hutchison and Ivor Warne-Smith. Four players have won the Brownlow Medal on 3 separate occasions - Ian Stewart, Bob Skilton, Dick Reynolds and Haydn Bunton.

Four of those players have won it at two different clubs - Ian Stewart (2 at St Kilda, 1 at Richmond), Peter Moore (Collingwood and Melbourne), Greg Williams (Sydney and Carlton), and of course Chris Judd (West Coast and Carlton).

Good to see a list of milestones that the majority of them will happen this year.

Would be awesome to see the club achieve that most important of milestones this year as well. It will definitely piss off quite a few people... and should get a lot of the fence sitting Carlton supporters who are procrastinating about getting a membership in the door signing on the dotted line.

If we extend this to coaches as well as players -

Mick Malthouse (386 wins) needs just two victories to equal Kevin Sheedy (388 wins) and become joint second on the list of total AFL/VFL wins coached. Jock McHale sits atop the list with 466 wins.

He also needs just 1 finals victory to claim the outright record for most finals victories coached. He currently sits equal top with Jock McHale on 26 victories. Incidentally, he is also joint leader of having coached the most finals draws with 2 - equal with Jock McHale, Dick Reynolds and Tom Hafey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Updated OP to reflect Kreuzer passing the 50 goal milestone in round 1 against Richmond.

Shame we're going to have to wait a little longer for his second milestone now.

Looks like Yarran's 50th goal will be the next milestone reached. Has kicked 6 thus far this season, so he needs just 4 more to get there.

Just cause I like extremes, in 1980 Royce Hart coached Footscray to 5 wins. The following year he managed 2. Before he was replaced after 10 games in 1982 he had snared another one for a grand total of 8 wins, 45 losses from 53 games. A winning percentage of 15.09.

Just cause I like extremes, in 1980 Royce Hart coached Footscray to 5 wins. The following year he managed 2. Before he was replaced after 10 games in 1982 he had snared another one for a grand total of 8 wins, 45 losses from 53 games. A winning percentage of 15.09.

Someone should let KB know that stat.
I'm actually quite impressed that you were able to get that information of the interwebz Thy....

Pretty sure that's a better winning percentage than what Pagan had at Carlton. :D

Congratulations to Chris Yarran who kicked his 50th career goal against West Coast on Saturday night. :thumbsu:

One milestone we've overlooked is that of an AFL debut. A belated congratulations to Dylan Buckley who made his debut a few weeks back. Here's to many more games in the famous Navy Blue, Dyl. :)

Yarran is a superstar, 50th goal and another 40 to come this year. Bloke is hot as toast atm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back