Draft Review 2014 - Redo the 2014 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on him. I hope he's happy riding off the back of that for the rest of his career, because he hasn't pulled the finger out since. Premierships are great and all but there are plenty of players who've won one and continued to play well.

Given the Dogs have only ever won 2, then I'd say it's quite a substantive achievement, in the overall scheme of things.....How long has it been since your mob saluted again?.....What would have Robbie Flower of given, to have been a part of a premiership?....That is what every player dons the boots on for, I'd of thought.

Attempting to undermine & undersell an excellent premiership performance won't hold any water in these parts.

Given the Dogs have only ever won 2, then I'd say it's quite a substantive achievement, in the overall scheme of things.....How long has it been since your mob saluted again?.....What would have Robbie Flower of given, to have been a part of a premiership?....That is what every player dons the boots on for, I'd of thought.

Attempting to undermine & undersell an excellent premiership performance won't hold any water in these parts.
You're the one that brought up Boyd's performance in the finals lol, I didn't even mention it. Also how is the team I support relevant? Do you honestly think Tom Boyd's career is more admirable than Robbie Flower's?

You're the one that brought up Boyd's performance in the finals lol, I didn't even mention it. Also how is the team I support relevant? Do you honestly think Tom Boyd's career is more admirable than Robbie Flower's?
1 of these players has a premiership medallion, one doesn't.

Doesn't matter how good you are, you can never be considered a true AFL great if you don't lift the premiership cup at least once in your career.

Doesn't matter how good you are, you can never be considered a true AFL great if you don't lift the premiership cup at least once in your career.
So you're saying that only 42 of the 1000 players to represent the Western Bulldogs might ever be considered 'a true AFL great'?

Good on him. I hope he's happy riding off the back of that for the rest of his career, because he hasn't pulled the finger out since. Premierships are great and all but there are plenty of players who've won one and continued to play well.
Can I suggest you watch him more? You've got an extraordinarily ignorant view of him. He's been good most of the year.

Now this is where you quote useless stats

Can I suggest you watch him more? You've got an extraordinarily ignorant view of him. He's been good most of the year.

I'm not going to quote stats, I don't care. Everyone else keeps drawing me into an argument about Boyd - like I said all I've said about him is that the Dees would have been criticised for taking him at #1 and that Peter Wright is a better player.

Also I suggest that you look up what 'extraordinarily' means. I think I'm probably sitting where the majority of Boyd critics sit.

I'm not going to quote stats, I don't care. Everyone else keeps drawing me into an argument about Boyd - like I said all I've said about him is that the Dees would have been criticised for taking him at #1 and that Peter Wright is a better player.
Lol you keep drawing yourself in. Stop blaming others.
Also I suggest that you look up what 'extraordinarily' means. I think I'm probably sitting where the majority of Boyd critics sit.
If you mean you sit from a position of ignorance, then yes, you're in the majority

Lol you keep drawing yourself in. Stop blaming others.

If you mean you sit from a position of ignorance, then yes, you're in the minority.
Where exactly have I drawn myself in? Everything I've said is in response to someone else.

I've watched enough of the Dogs' games this year to not be ignorant but obviously a) you won't believe that and b) we're going to disagree on Boyd's output in 2017, which is fine, people are allowed to disagree. He's certainly having a better year than Hogan and Gawn

Other than Toumpas we've really just been unlucky with top picks - Watts, Hogan, Oliver, and Petracca are stars, Scully is a star somewhere else, and Brayshaw and Trengove have been cooked by injuries. Boyd would easily have been our worst.

what about the other 14 players you guys where given for laying down and being the disgrace of the afl.....

Watts is soft and Hogan injury prone...Oliver and petracca are going to be stars but you guys have butchered your picks for 12 years

what about the other 14 players you guys where given for laying down and being the disgrace of the afl.....

Watts is soft and Hogan injury prone...Oliver and petracca are going to be stars but you guys have butchered your picks for 12 years
Who else were we given?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Answer to OP = yes.

Saints should have traded Pick 1 to GWS for 4 & 6 as offerred and taken Wright & Lever/Marchbank rather than sticking with a player who was not the stand out player at Pick 1. Wright has shown lots more than Paddy plus we would have got a great intercept defender in the deal.

Answer to OP = yes.

Saints should have traded Pick 1 to GWS for 4 & 6 as offerred and taken Wright & Lever/Marchbank rather than sticking with a player who was not the stand out player at Pick 1. Wright has shown lots more than Paddy plus we would have got a great intercept defender in the deal.
Wasn't the offer. Was 1 and 21 for 4 and 7.

To continue the thread derail, I would argue Watts is a more important player to Melbourne than Hogan and more of a match winner atm

Hogan may over take him in a few years

Atm Watts is playing very good clutch football

To continue the thread derail, I would argue Watts is a more important player to Melbourne than Hogan and more of a match winner atm

Hogan may over take him in a few years

Atm Watts is playing very good clutch football
Without doubt, but only because our quality of forward 50 entries also relies heavily on Watts. Hogan would struggle without him because otherwise we just bomb it in

This is one of the stupidest posts on history.
Try tell anyone that Ablett Lockett Riewoldt aren't all time greats because they don't have a premiership whilst a kid paid by the CM is.

Gary Ablett Snr. likes this post

Patent nonsense and a very immature position.

Did I also read Hogan is "injury prone" ? Good God there are some stupid people here.

He missed one year with back fractures when he was 19 and has hardly had an injury since. Unless, of course, you consider cancer a typical injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back