2015 Draft, Trades and Free Agency rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

The nominating of clubs by young players yet to really accomplish anything is such a joke.

Clubs have such little power anymore. The imbalance needs to be addressed somehow.
All it will take is a club to walk a player to the PSD and let fate decide their outcome.

But no club has the balls to lose a first round talent for nothing.

The nominating of clubs by young players yet to really accomplish anything is such a joke.

Clubs have such little power anymore. The imbalance needs to be addressed somehow.
Hasnt it been happening for years?

Earliest example i can think of is Bucks.

(Yes i know what happened to our 2 clubs after that)

Freo into Cale Hooker who is contracted.
Surely Essendon would play serious hard ball for him... First Rounder and maybe Taberner... very important player to their side considering the imminent departure of Carlisle...

Firstly, you're wrong about the Tyson trade.
Secondly, you just said 'these guys are just worth second round picks'...when pick 18 for O'Rourke is a first round pick.

I think we know who the stupid one is.

LOL. Are you serious?

Dom Tyson, pick 9 and 52 for Pick 2, 20 and 73. They got a seven position improvement, got a second round pick and dropped 21 positions late in the draft. He clearly was not worth THAT much.

And well done genius - O'Rourke was the last pick of the first round, and Polec wasn't EVEN a second round pick. It's still shows their value.

If you even remotely think this proves anything other than reinforcing how wrong you were, you're deeply misguided.

Second round and PERHAPS a sweetener is what these players are worth.

Polec had been with us for 3 injury ravaged years and had never been able to complete a pre season. O'Rourke from memory, never showed much and had injury problems too.

Menzel and Aish both shown potential in the seniors and both I'd assume would go for a mid-late first rounder at the least.

You're going to be disappointed.

Second. And. A. Sweetener.

They've lost value this season and they've lost value when demanding a trade (assuming they say there's only one side they want their team to speak to.

What people are forgetting is that if Adelaide do match the offer, Dangerfield can ask for a trade and pick just the one team. Then Adelaide will have to take what the cats offer at best. They could play hardball themselves.

A restricted free agent will get to where the want to. A club being a dick in this situation can come away with nothing.

You just outlined what is true of EVERY trade.

You will take what we have to offer for Menzel at best.

I'll blew up AFL house if they give Carlton pick 2:D

I agree. It would be a disgrace.

I'm happy for the Lions to get a priority pick - preferably second round. But that should be it, with the second round free agent compo.

It would be a disgrace if Carlton OR Brisbane OR ANYONE got a pick in the first few for a free agent who isn't one of their top three players leaving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy for the Lions to get a priority pick - preferably second round. But that should be it, with the second round free agent compo.

It would be a disgrace if Carlton OR Brisbane OR ANYONE got a pick in the first few for a free agent who isn't one of their top three players leaving.

Carlton dont have a top 3 players tho

You're going to be disappointed.

Second. And. A. Sweetener.

They've lost value this season and they've lost value when demanding a trade (assuming they say there's only one side they want their team to speak to.
Mayes is contracted so we aren't going to trade him if we don't get a good deal he'll be stuck at the Lions

Kruezer I would think is a top 3 player at Carlton. Cripps and Murphy would be the only 2 players in front of him on a very short list in importance to Carlton.
In regards to Menzel he is definetly worth a 1st round pick. To say otherwise is taking the piss. Struggling because a year long battle with niggling injuries doesn't change that fact. He is contracted so anything less than 1st round wouldn't interest Carlton.
If he wants to go next year we'll so be it but Adelaide won't be the only club keen for his services or he'd be happy to go to. Eg. Geelong would be pretty keen to get his services and he'd be more than happy to play footy with his brother.

Yeh... Because James Frawley was definitely in Melbourne's top 3

Even though Port have benefitted from this before, I have to agree it is quite ridiculous.

LOL. Are you serious?

Dom Tyson, pick 9 and 52 for Pick 2, 20 and 73. They got a seven position improvement, got a second round pick and dropped 21 positions late in the draft. He clearly was not worth THAT much.

And well done genius - O'Rourke was the last pick of the first round, and Polec wasn't EVEN a second round pick. It's still shows their value.

If you even remotely think this proves anything other than reinforcing how wrong you were, you're deeply misguided.

Second round and PERHAPS a sweetener is what these players are worth.
Was an amazing deal for Melbourne, love being reminded of it. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back