BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
With all the discussions focusing on whether Danger and Sloane will resign with the AFC or elect to test their worth by nominating to be a free agent I thought that given the AFL has today released a list of players that will be eligible Free Agency at the end of next year it might be worth looking at the list ourselves. There is a real possibility that Danger could nominate but is their someone on the list that we might consider to try and nab.

The List is:

ADELAIDE
Patrick Dangerfield
Richard Douglas
Andy Otten
Brent Reilly
Scott Thompson
Brodie Martin

BRISBANE LIONS
Jed Adcock
Matthew Leuenberger

CARLTON
Dennis Armfield
Andrew Carrazzo
David Ellard
Matthew Kreuzer
Chris Judd

COLLINGWOOD
Brent Macaffer

ESSENDON
Courtenay Dempsey
Brent Stanton
Tom Bellchambers
Dustin Fletcher
Tayte Pears
Jason Winderlich

FREMANTLE
Ryan Crowley
Paul Duffield
Michael Johnson
Luke McPharlin
Matthew Pavlich
Aaron Sandilands

GEELONG
Jimmy Bartel
Corey Enright
Tom Hawkins
James Kelly
Steve Johnson
Andrew Mackie
Mathew Stokes

HAWTHORN
Luke Hodge
Sam Mitchell
Matthew Suckling
Brendan Whitecross

MELBOURNE
Colin Garland
Mark Jamar
Nathan Jones

NORTH MELBOURNE
Michael Firrito
Nathan Grima
Brent Harvey
Scott McMahon
Drew Petrie
Andrew Swallow
Robbie Tarrant

PORT ADELAIDE
Kane Cornes
Tom Logan (rookie)

RICHMOND
Nathan Foley
Chris Newman
Alex Rance

ST KILDA
Sean Dempster
Sam Fisher
Sam Gilbert
Jack Steven
Adam Schneider (rookie)

SYDNEY SWANS
Adam Goodes
Heath Grundy
Ted Richards

WEST COAST
Sam Butler
Patrick McGinnity
Scott Selwood
Beau Waters

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Matthew Boyd
Jarrad Grant
Dale Morris
Robert Murphy
Easton Wood

That's like a list for the nursing home of football.

Certainly some are on their last legs but there are some good players in the list. The question is though are there any players that would add value to our team. We talk speed and we question our back line. If we assume that Danger goes is there someone on the list that would be a possible replacement (I am not sure if anyone could really replace Danger).

Certainly some are on their last legs but there are some good players in the list. The question is though are there any players that would add value to our team. We talk speed and we question our back line. If we assume that Danger goes is there someone on the list that would be a possible replacement (I am not sure if anyone could really replace Danger).

Not on that list

Long left foot, rebounding defender
Considering he's had the ultimate team success, he might be tempted to leave for right amount. Could be worth something similar to Malceski (3x $450/500k )

Don't we have our own Suckling in Jaensch? I guess Suckling is slightly more proven but neither are known for their defensive efforts and I can't see both fitting into the same team.

Don't we have our own Suckling in Jaensch? I guess Suckling is slightly more proven but neither are known for their defensive efforts and I can't see both fitting into the same team.
Suckling is a funny one - not an automatic selection anymore in a lot of people's minds. If you talk to a Hawks supporter you will find a lot of them consider him over-rated.

Agreed re suckling....make him a 4 year offer he can't refuse, just the sort of player we need to set things up off half back and very outside player with history of success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having suckling and Aish and keeping danger and things look good for a top 4 tilt in 2016. More classy ball use and 2 years of hardening up defensively under walsh

What about Macaffer. I know he has an injury but is he the type of player we could look at. He is an excellent tagger and he is about 25 yrs old. Of course if we don't need this type of player then no matter how good he might be we shouldn't try and fill a hole we don't need to fill.

Suckling is a funny one - not an automatic selection anymore in a lot of people's minds. If you talk to a Hawks supporter you will find a lot of them consider him over-rated.
I think he's been one of the supporters whipping boys for a number of years, something I'm sure we'd be more likely to see if he was on our list.

No doubt he's got a great kick, but other then that he doesn't add much else which is why I view him similar to Jaensch in that sense.

Why would we go for Kruezer? He wouldn't displace Sauce as the #1 Ruck so he would play forward most of the time and he is hopeless down there.

Scooter, Steven, Rance and Suckling please :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back