Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership - target 60 000+ REACHED

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, do you have the power seating map ....
Located on the mid-tier of the Eastern Stand. Shows up on the interactive map as you hover your cursor over those seats.
.... As a BD membre I can sit anywhere I want right?
Reserved seats only. Plus no seats currently available. Will be dependent on firstly non-uptake by 2014 seat holders, secondly priority on the wait list for any seats that come up.

Thanks, do you have the power seating map. As a BD membre I can sit anywhere I want right?

You can view the seating map on the interactive venue here, but bear in the mind these are the 2014 layouts and pricing: http://portadelaidefc.io-media.com/

Also as a BD member you have an assigned seat, so you can sit in your assigned seat or any general admission area, not "anywhere".

In regards to essential gold selling out, does anyone know if members who paid upfront last year still have until the 19th to renew? I didn't receive the renewal email sent out so I'm getting a little nervous. I've emailed the club but obviously they're flat out...

im pretty sure that if you had that category last year, then you have a bit of time to renew. thats what all the fuss was about in the build up to AO. they warned to get in early to keep your seat. of course people just laughed considering the empty seats at aami. fools
Yeah it turns out the actual article says "... Importantly, this does not impact 2014 members who have until December 19 to renew their membership ...." I should have checked that. But also the club should be careful how it words an article's title and the text that you see before clicking on the link.

Last edited:
im pretty sure that if you had that category last year, then you have a bit of time to renew. thats what all the fuss was about in the build up to AO. they warned to get in early to keep your seat. of course people just laughed considering the empty seats at aami. fools

Yep, knew it'd be like this... It'll be interesting to see how big this waiting list for seats will get and if they'll be considered as being members?

In regards to essential gold selling out, does anyone know if members who paid upfront last year still have until the 19th to renew? I didn't receive the renewal email sent out so I'm getting a little nervous. I've emailed the club but obviously they're flat out...
You don't need the renewal e-mail, just go to the membership website, weareportadelaide.com.au and select "my account" and "renew my membership".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly a silly question but why don't we allow some of the 7,000 + General admission seats to be reserved seating membership? All it seems do is give opposition first go at our weekly tickets and cause an inconvenience for many that don't have a great desire to sit around for hours to get a preferred seat . I'm sure someone will give a logical explanation and I'm just missing something obvious

Possibly a silly question but why don't we allow some of the 7,000 + General admission seats to be reserved seating membership? All it seems do is give opposition first go at our weekly tickets and cause an inconvenience for many that don't have a great desire to sit around for hours to get a preferred seat . I'm sure someone will give a logical explanation and I'm just missing something obvious

Because we are inclusive, not exclusive. Because everyone deserves a chance to see the best football team in Australia at their home ground. Because that is the way you increase your membership base.

I'm sure at some stage they will open up more reserved seating, most likely to people with GA tickets who want to upgrade.

We've dropped out AO membership and picked up a essential gold one instead
Yes I did this too. Whilst I now feel better the club is getting more of my money, the SANFL via the SMA memberships will still get their money for my former membership. There was a waitlist for this product last year. At least the club will make $50 out of this next year.

I was going to try to move one of my seats but I think I'll just sit tight for the next season or two.

I got an email but no letter...

Same as most?
We received a general letter saying memberships would be on sale soon. Then quite shortly afterwards we received specific emails with our membership numbers in them.

Yes I did this too. Whilst I now feel better the club is getting more of my money, the SANFL via the SMA memberships will still get their money for my former membership. There was a waitlist for this product last year. At least the club will make $50 out of this next year.

The only problem with this move for you and Macca is the Grand final Guarantee is gone.

The only problem with this move for you and Macca is the Grand final Guarantee is gone.

I didn't have that anyway, I can't vouch for Macca19. There was no GF guarantee for SMA members by default.

There are a limited number of former AAMI members that had "ultimate" membership at AAMI plus a Platinum upgrade from the club (Garibaldi Red) who have SMA membership with a GF guarantee. Up until 12 months ago I was living overseas and saw no reason for a Platinum upgrade - as much as I love the club, lost revenue from my UK business and the cost of attending the GF would have been in the 6-7k AUD range - I was never going to come back for it. I missed 2007 for the same reason (counts blessings).

The Essential Power Gold has a GF priority and I have indicated an upgrade request should a Club 1870 Essential or Essential Platinum open up. Given our proximity to the GF last year, I am expecting to have to take my savings (the difference between the $650 SMA and the $335 Essential Power Gold) and use it to apply towards a GF ticket via other means - these will be rare as hen's teeth.....or alternatively, as rare as SANFL integrity.

So the SMA membership didn't have a GF guarantee? So it's a bigger piece of crap than I thought.

No reason why it would. The GF guarantees from the club memberships come from the club's GF allocation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back