2016/17 Melbourne Victory Thread - It just wasn't to be

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations on winning the double.
Champions 2017 good lord

We shouldn't get to ahead of ourselves, for starters he hasn't signed yet, second, he has been injury prone the last few years and only played 12 games with Panathiakas last season. having said that it's probably the change he needs to get his career back on track, less of workload in terms of matches, better conditions and weather then most European nations as well as lifestyle and he's only 33! if it works out it would probably be the biggest coupe in the leagues history so far, if not he could become the biggest flog.

Also he sure fits Gallops criteria as a guest player he speaks English and tweets a lot too! :D

Does he take last visa spot?

Yep.

Berisha (although apparently he's going through the citizenship process)
FBK
Baro
Rojas
Essien

I'm assuming that the guest marquee is included in the 5 visa slots... but FFA are clearly making this up as they go, so I doubt anyone knows that with absolute certainty.

We shouldn't get to ahead of ourselves, for starters he hasn't signed yet, second, he has been injury prone the last few years and only played 12 games with Panathiakas last season. having said that it's probably the change he needs to get his career back on track, less of workload in terms of matches, better conditions and weather then most European nations as well as lifestyle and he's only 33! if it works out it would probably be the biggest coupe in the leagues history so far, if not he could become the biggest flog.

Also he sure fits Gallops criteria as a guest player he speaks English and tweets a lot too! :D
Lol ADP.

OK maybe I should have used 'could' instead of 'would'

I didn't think ADP set the league a light imo, he had a few good matches one in which he scored four goals against Wellington! apart from that he dived and whinged his way through matches and SydneyFC where a shambles at the time, he looked more like he was on a working holiday then anything. but he was ADP and said he loved Australia so nobody dared criticized.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but Panathanikos are a top European club..

20 years ago maybe.

But the fall of the Greek league was caused by, and was mirrored by their post GFC economy when the whole country went to s**t, were preventing people accessing bank accounts, and weren't able to pay government employees and welfare recipients.

Sure, Panathanikos are a big name club, but their set up would be less professional than Victory's these days.

20 years ago maybe.

But the fall of the Greek league was caused by, and was mirrored by their post GFC economy when the whole country went to s**t, were preventing people accessing bank accounts, and weren't able to pay government employees and welfare recipients.

Sure, Panathanikos are a big name club, but their set up would be less professional than Victory's these days.

This.

sen-logo-2.png

get it?

20 years ago maybe.

Look, coming from a Greek background I am pretty biased, but the Greek league is at the weakest it has ever been, and yet it is still a lot stronger than the Australian league football-wise, and I feel like the facilities at the top clubs would still be to a good standard.

20 years ago maybe.

I mean, Olympiacos beat Arsenal and Man U in the last few seasons and are one of the favourites for the EL..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back