2016/17 Melbourne Victory Thread - It just wasn't to be

Remove this Banner Ad

The clubs information on the North Terrace outcome /restriction for this season if anyone is interested.

http://www.melbournevictory.com.au/...mation-for-2016-17/1x6rud8b7mmqn1dx946cpjco8l

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it doesn't look like they're giving all the information there - it doesn't really cover off what VicPol's intentions are, which were really at the heart of the concern last week.

What do you mean by this? The club doesn't have a say in what VicPol wants to do, they'll police the law as they always do at sporting events and on the streets (when we march/outside venues). Now what will happen to people if they move from standing in their allocated seat (sounds weird) I am not sure, I doubt security will be instructed to evict people who do. It seems like a good move by the club though, hopefully it will help with people coming in who shouldn't be on the premise of anonymity now that (in theory) everyone is accountable for their seat.

What do you mean by this? The club doesn't have a say in what VicPol wants to do, they'll police the law as they always do at sporting events and on the streets (when we march/outside venues). Now what will happen to people if they move from standing in their allocated seat (sounds weird) I am not sure, I doubt security will be instructed to evict people who do. It seems like a good move by the club though, hopefully it will help with people coming in who shouldn't be on the premise of anonymity now that (in theory) everyone is accountable for their seat.

You're probably already aware of what mv.net reported last week:
  • No flags
  • No banners
  • Current NT leaders out
  • Facial recognition
  • Active supporters only able to enter the ground via a designated gate
  • Increased use of undercover police
  • Increased use sniffer dogs to detect flares
We're kind of in agreement I think. The club are looking better than they did after this report - but there are still no guarantees that points 4, 6 & 7 aren't still going to be implemented... It's just that the club isn't going to take responsibility for it if they are.

Again, I could be reading too much into it, but if I were on the terrace, and particularly if I were a terrace leader, I don't think I'd be jumping for joy.

Shiiiit. I forgot all about this! I was only over at South Melbourne a few hours ago, I could've easily filled in a couple of hours before this started!

I think the most interesting be for me is Baro in midfield and FBK at no. 10. Kev is clearly still figuring out the permutations of his squad.

Bray looks like a hobo in that picture. Hopefully he's forced into the "Victory haircut" (ala Ingham last season) if he gets a contract!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Wikipedia he only went on a 12-month loan to Atalanta (from Guangzhou Evergrande) 6 months ago. Has an awesome pedigree, obviously - but it doesn't fill you with confidence that he's spent the last couple of years bouncing around, going on loan, and having loan deals cut short.

I dunno. I remember him from his West Ham days - if we were getting that player, he'd immediately be the best midfielder in the A-League. Just makes you nervous though when he's had more clubs and more loans than we've had failed full backs.

Ffa rejected the Cahill rule lol

Typical, C@nts!!

getting sick of this rule whats the bloody Criteria??

Do you have to be an old fart past it only able to contribute to bums on seats and TV rating, forget about the football hey?

How is an Italian internation (ex)not going to be a draw card in Melbourne??

Knew this rule was a fix only for Cahil, A joke.

Shows how out of touch and biased the FFA are! Diamanti would be a massive recruitment not only for Victory but also A-league. Fantastic class, lifts the standard and prestige of the league and a player still at the peak of his powers.

A Fornaroli type but a class above. Exactly the types of players the league should chase. Continues to lift the standard instead of a has-been who's best is behind him

Joke of a policy that creates bias and inequality :mad:

So the FFA are keen to fund Kevin Kuranyi on the guest Marquee
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/...267c69c3e8e248

But the FFA straight out rejected Diamanti? I don't see how Kuranyi would be a household name anymore then Diamanti would, in fact Diamanti would attract more given the strong Italian community in Australia.

The f@ck is going on at FFA HQ??

Policy obviously implemented to help sh!t clubs and unavailable for successful well-established ones

It's the FFA's version of the priority pick

Policy obviously implemented to help sh!t clubs and unavailable for successful well-established ones

It's the FFA's version of the priority pick
You mean the club who did the double last year ??

In all honesty though the rule is a joke. Kuranyi as good as he was, wouldn't be known by a large portion of our fans. Neither would Diamanti but whats good for the goose etc....

The ONLY thing I can think of is that coming in from Chinas richest club, he would have had greater salary requirements than Kuranyi and the FFA were only willing to match it for Timmy Cashcow.

The rule either needs to be scrapped totally or a set figure announced for each club.

You mean the club who did the double last year ??

In all honesty though the rule is a joke. Kuranyi as good as he was, wouldn't be known by a large portion of our fans. Neither would Diamanti but whats good for the goose etc....

The ONLY thing I can think of is that coming in from Chinas richest club, he would have had greater salary requirements than Kuranyi and the FFA were only willing to match it for Timmy Cashcow.

The rule either needs to be scrapped totally or a set figure announced for each club.

At the end of the day, I think the FFA needs players that still have the magic.
It's debatable but how many people from Sydney knew who Shinji Ono was before he went to wsw?
He started to dominate and he became the star and darling boy of the western suburbs.

At the end of the day, I think the FFA needs players that still have the magic.
It's debatable but how many people from Sydney knew who Shinji Ono was before he went to wsw?
He started to dominate and he became the star and darling bow of the western suburbs.
Totally agree. I get the Cahill angle, he's an Aussie media darling and everyone knows him. If those are the prerequisites for this kind of money then it really should be reserved for the Lampards, Gerrards, ADPs and Pirlos of the world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back