2016/17 Melbourne Victory Thread - It just wasn't to be

Remove this Banner Ad

For those who regularly attend, what is FBK's role? I watched him closely tonight and he didn't really do anything. Didn't provide much of a target when we played on his side of the wing, they were giving him plenty of space to get in behind the defender but he did **** all. In the 80th min he started running and calling for the ball and I said to the person I was with he must've been told hes being subbed and sure enough a few minutes later he was.

I thought his defensive effort and lead up play to provide us an option when we went to 10 men was superb! some goes with Rojas. He was OK for me.

devere admitted it was an accident and even told the ref as such (he told Muscat at the end of the game).

Get stuffed Beath, usually is hesitant to pull the card but the peanut linesmen decides it has to be red
Devere is a liar and a cheat.

What a game and what a win.

After Brisbane had all the running, an extra man and got within a goal of us, we held strong. Our defence was outstanding when it had to be. Those last 10 minutes were nervous as I just keept looking at the clock.

So much spirit and effort from the fans and players and once the NT got fired up in the second half we had the lot.

That linesmans decision in the worst I have ever seen, as a previous poster said he should be sacked.

I'm starting to really regret not going to this game. I didn't even really have a good excuse. The mate I'd planned to go with bailed cos of the rain this arvo, but it certainly wouldn't have been the first Victory game that I've gone to alone :(

Nah. Missus organized some stupid dinner thingy. Not happy.

Poor effort lads, darko should have canned the missus and went with nobby. Two birds, one stone.

What an atmosphere, was outstanding. No new vs old, terrace bullshit just every supporter getting involved and helping the boys pull through. No doubt that helps you put in that extra sprint when a crowd is right behind you. South end was pretty packed tonight and very loud (I was at the NT end of the pitch).

As for the football, that first half hour was brilliant. I know a lot of people love to pot the standard of the A League but the one touch football we played at times was mesmerising. Troisi free kick was amazing but outdone by Dimi's, holy crap that was amazing to see live, everyone was stunned and just started laughing around us.

MELBOURNE BOYS ARE STILL NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devere is a liar and a cheat.

I agree

0vk3a2.gif

That reaction doesn't look like he thought it was an accident.

I agree

0vk3a2.gif

That reaction doesn't look like he thought it was an accident.
Though there was going to be a riot during that incident, I was concerned that all the Victory fans would run on to the ground and attack either the assistant or Devere, good thing there wasn't though. All it did was fire the team and the crowd up after a quiet patch in the game.

For those who regularly attend, what is FBK's role? I watched him closely tonight and he didn't really do anything. Didn't provide much of a target when we played on his side of the wing, they were giving him plenty of space to get in behind the defender but he did **** all. In the 80th min he started running and calling for the ball and I said to the person I was with he must've been told hes being subbed and sure enough a few minutes later he was.
Now I am no soccer expert, but what it looked to me like was they were trying to draw his opponent into the ball user so he could run off into open space but the opponent didn't get succered in like they wanted. Its why (i think it was) Valeri and Broxy ran the ball out of bounds a few times, their plan didn't work and they had no where else to go.

Now I am no soccer expert, but what it looked to me like was they were trying to draw his opponent into the ball user so he could run off into open space but the opponent didn't get succered in like they wanted. Its why (i think it was) Valeri and Broxy ran the ball out of bounds a few times, their plan didn't work and they had no where else to go.

Credit to you man, I love when people who haven't followed a sport for long find a connection with it and actually start to try and work out the intricacies and tactics etc. A lot of people just rock up and watch with not much thought to what is going on (and that is fine) but sounds like you're becoming quite invested in the sport :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maxi not starting (why?) but takes a spot from Ingham, Mahazi also out. same line up as Friday bar Donachie out for Baro. Will need fresh legs in the 2nd half, expect subs at 65/70/75-80.
C2WR2AXUAAANGtD.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back