2016/17 Melbourne Victory Thread - It just wasn't to be

Remove this Banner Ad

Not wanting to flood the thread with negativity after a result like that but surely last night has to spell the end of Bes being first choice penalty taker. He's just too predictable with them now and even before this season I've never felt confident about it when I watch him step up to take one. Surely Troisi could do a better job.

Not wanting to flood the thread with negativity after a result like that but surely last night has to spell the end of Bes being first choice penalty taker. He's just too predictable with them now and even before this season I've never felt confident about it when I watch him step up to take one. Surely Troisi could do a better job.
I could just picture Troisi nailing one 200km/h into the top tier of Etihad if he took one :D

Bes needs a break from penalties, DJ Brox should step up and take them because if he doesn't know where the balls going to end up, the keeper wont either :D

Pretty sure he is our no.2 penalty taker. Certainly was at one stage I think behind Millsy.

But Bes has to have them taken of him, every time its to that bottom left corner.

Pretty sure he is our no.2 penalty taker. Certainly was at one stage I think behind Millsy.

But Bes has to have them taken of him, every time its to that bottom left corner.

That's my issue with him as well. Too predictable. No issue with how he strikes or places the ball, but if he got a bit more variation then it'd go a long way to fixing the problem.

Very true.
The only time this season he's gone elsewhere was against Perth after Reddy saved his first one and the second Bes went right.

Just wanted to say I thought captain Carl was absolutely huge last night. Put in a massive effort and broke up a lot of play. Would've loved to have seen his heat map because he covered a heap of turf.

Berisha was a complete descrase last night, if he wasn't at victory I would absolutely hate him. He missed an easy tap in in the first half, then he missed a penalty, next he gets possibly the easiest goal of his career. When he got subbed off during ET he was carrying on like he just won the derby off his own boot.
He is a highly emotional player, much like jack Riewoldt. I hated him when he was at Brisbane but you have to give the guy credit he is a serious competitor who continues to try get the best out of himself. Any club would want a player like him in their squad

This, the reason I am always told is that Bouzanis' distribution is far better, which I have no idea where that comes from because every game I see him play he is rubbish.

Great win but what an absolute rubbish game, quality wise. What is with the pitch? Surely we're at a point where we shouldn't be playing on that s**t.
Bes needs a break from penalties, DJ Brox should step up and take them because if he doesn't know where the balls going to end up, the keeper wont either :D

This will probably be seen as a negative nancy comment after a good win but man we are so predictable (not as bad as Liverpool but), the following is our match day tactics.

#1 - Have the wingers swap sides after around 20 minutes, revert to normal after half time.
#2 - Sub winger (FBK) off at around the hour mark. Replace with another winger.
#3 - Sub the left full back (Brox) off around 75 minute mark, replace with another left back.
#4 - Make a final sub at around 90 minutes, Mahazi is coming on to sure up the match if we're ahead or to chase the game if we're behind.

Rojas is our only hope to win anything this year, the guy is a class above.

haha thats so true!

Might be time to sell Bes, I know he has been a great player and all but at his age he is only going to go down hill. I know you'll all disagree with me as he has done so much for the Victory, but if we sold him to another club for a great price, we could buy a younger striker who is at the peak of his game that can take Berisha's role.

In normal circumastances we would be spuing at his miss, because he scored and we ended up winning we seem to forget his first 80 minutes were not up to his standered.

Might be time to sell Bes, I know he has been a great player and all but at his age he is only going to go down hill. I know you'll all disagree with me as he has done so much for the Victory, but if we sold him to another club for a great price, we could buy a younger striker who is at the peak of his game that can take Berisha's role.

In normal circumastances we would be spuing at his miss, because he scored and we ended up winning we seem to forget his first 80 minutes were not up to his standered.
Who do you replace him with though? He's not just the leading scorer of all time hes the leading scorer this season alone despite the missed penalties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do you replace him with though? He's not just the leading scorer of all time hes the leading scorer this season alone despite the missed penalties.
REPUTATION, the word we keep refuring to. Was it the right move to reitre Archie Thompson, leading goal scorer of all time? In terms of replacing, their are thousands of strikers around the world we could afford if we sold Berisha for a good price. Is he in your plans 3 seasons later? Do you expect him to be our leading scorer 2 or 3 years older? If someone is to play head striker, they have to be the first choice for goals, it is only natural once you hit past 30 you start to slow down, Berisha is now 31.

No one is going to buy him within the A League and I don't see him heading off to Malaysia etc and definately not China with their new foreign player rules. I still think he is well and truly in our best XI and would be in most teams within the league

Just saw the first goal again and Brandan falls over and sooks for Rojas to get a card meanwhile Rojas runs away and gets a goal assist. What a dud that bloke is.

Yeah i was just flipping back and forth between the replay and UFC and Brandan falling over and then just staying on the ground waving his arms was pure gold. What a ******* idiot.

Just finished watching the replay, How's valkanis at the end, was heading over to shake hands with the Victory bench then thought "nah F@ck it" turned and walked off!! What a sore loser!! Just like the players!

The sense of entitlement surround that club is beyond a joke, all they do is whinge and moan when it doesn't go there way, never seen such a bunch of sore losers!!

The notion of "buying" and "selling" players doesn't occur in the A-League anyway.

You're not going to get anything from selling him - at best you would get a mutual release if he can agree a contract elsewhere. Still only leaves you his salary to use for another player who is off contract, or who can also get a mutual release.

Not to mention that its pretty hard to actually bring in a quality player from overseas.
What has been with Geria this year? He has been well down, last night he got slaughtered down that right side.

Yeah i was just flipping back and forth between the replay and UFC and Brandan falling over and then just staying on the ground waving his arms was pure gold. What a ******* idiot.

The whole game he was falling over with the slightest touch and not only that appealing to the ref every time to issue cards, he's a disgrace and I am so glade we capitalised with a goal during one of his silly stage acts!! suffer you rat face prick!!!

I'll be embarrassed if he played for us!! Would want him straight out of our club. There's no room for campaigners like him in our league, go back to South America where that s**t belongs, not here!

The whole game he was falling over with the slightest touch and not only that appealing to the ref every time to issue cards, he's a disgrace and I am so glade we capitalised with a goal during one of his silly stage acts!! suffer you rat face prick!!!

I'll be embarrassed if he played for us!! Would want him straight out of our club. There's no room for campaigners like him in our league, go back to South America where that s**t belongs, not here!

Also doesn't help that he's got a s**t ******* haircut. One of those heads you just want to punch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back