2016/17 Melbourne Victory Thread - It just wasn't to be

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy overkill. Walked past about seven of them in a row half-covered in riot gear sitting atop horses while the fans just laughed.

Nice ovation for Fahid, doesn't sound good for his future though. Pity, he's a super intelligent and perceptive guy. I hope he stays with us in some capacity.

That Rojas free kick!!!

48348247.jpg

Last edited:
What's going on with FBK?

Missed the game tonight.

From Robbie Slater, not sure how credible.

FORMER Socceroo Robbie Slater says Melbourne Victory winger Fahid Ben Khalfallah is sitting on the sidelines due to contractual reasons.

Ben Khalfallah had been promoted to Victory’s squad before being left out of its team against Adelaide.

Slater said the winger had told him his absence from the team related to a clause in his contract that could trigger another year at Victory.

“He’s not very happy ... I don’t think we will (see him play again) at the moment, with the stalemate,” Slater said on Fox Sports.

“As far as I can understand — and the whole conversation took place in French — it’s something to do with a clause in his contract that triggers another year. And that’s why he’s not playing.

“He was saying to me that he’s offered solutions to Kevin Muscat and Ian Robson but they won’t have anything of it.”

Ben Khalfallah has scored 11 goals in 68 games for Victory and played a crucial role in the club’s 2014/15 championship.

After a disappointing 2015/16 season, the winger had found form so far this season, playing in a front three with Besart Berisha and Marco Rojas.

“If he’s playing tonight, Rojas is on the right hand side with Ben Khalfallah on the left,” Slater said.

“(If) They want to win the championship, you should be playing your best players.”

Slater said he hoped the club and Ben Khalfallah could come to an agreement.

“That’s one side of the story I should say, but surely Kevin Muscat and the club have got their side,” he said.

“Hopefully for everyone — because you can see he’s a fan favourite ... they come to some solution.”

Melbourne Victory are yet to comment on the situation.

Ben Khalfallah last started for Melbourne Victory in the Melbourne Derby on February 4. He was an unused substitute against Newcastle and wasn’t in the squad against the Central Coast Mariners.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...s/news-story/47bcf4d8526f5a220839418e6cc68348

Doesn't look to good if true.

That Rojas free kick!!!

48348247.jpg

It's funny... at half time of the Glory/Wanderers game I was a bit bored with it, so I wandered downstairs to the party that my neighbours in the apartment below me were having.

They literally asked me what caused me to orgasm "a bit earlier tonight" - they were referring to my shriek of delight after Rojas' goal.

(As funny as it was, I'm now a little concerned about my neighbours being able to hear my shrieks of delight during other activities o_O)

“As far as I can understand — and the whole conversation took place in French — it’s something to do with a clause in his contract that triggers another year. And that’s why he’s not playing.

so it means if he doesnt play for remainder of the season he automatically gets another year next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back