Resource 2016 Annual Reports Thread - Club Comparisons post #002

Remove this Banner Ad

The club is one of the more financially stable clubs in the comp. a large portion of the debt is still carried over from the building of the new $30 million facility out at Tullamarine.

Still a large debt isn't great but no doubt it will be reduced over the years. At least he club isn't begging for hand outs from the afl like the majority of the other clubs are and have done over th years

Take out the standard short term payables.. Your debt doubled... that's a big jump in a year no major assets were purchased, so not really "good" debt.

Not a killer for you but that extra interest does hurt.

You did lose Adidas as they did not resign.

As for the ISC deal, yes lucratuve due to to total dollar amount across the years due to it being "long term"
But very much doubt they giving you as much per year as Adidas.
My understanding is that it's about double the Adidas deal per year.

Insurance is a wonderful thing in these situations

They already provided for these costs in the balance sheet, so provided their estimates are correct, (or not low) won't affect next years profit figure, only cash balance. The expense was recognised this year.
I think there is more still to come.
My understanding is over half the compo deals are done but there are a few difficult ones that have yet to be agreed upon and they could be costly. Obviously Jobe's would of gone up a few mill after today and Crameri should be given more for a Premiership

I think there is more still to come.
My understanding is over half the compo deals are done but there are a few difficult ones that have yet to be agreed upon and they could be costly. Obviously Jobe's would of gone up a few mill after today and Crameri should be given more for a Premiership

Dollars yes, but not expense what the provision is for. If there was significant uncertainty around the provision it should not be in the balance sheet, rather in the contingent liability section, of which you had none.

Lot of the extras should still be covered by insurance as well.

Dude, the 'club' won't turn it around.

The AFL will turn it around.
Should see record memberships and attendances this year to go with the increase in sponsorship.
The club also has plenty of wealthy benefactors willing to chip in and hopefully all members can do their little bit.

I thought the explanation was interesting:

In a statement, the Bombers cited the impact of the Court of Arbitration for Sport's guilty verdict and suspension of 34 past and present players in January as a significant factor in the financial blow.

Nearly half ($4.5m) of the Dons' total loss ($9.8m) was registered from covering legal fees and compensation claims.

A further $3.1m was lost through reduced match receipts, plus consumer and commercial revenues.
Put CAS in as the bad guy, not the administration and players for the PED doping regime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a statement, the Bombers cited the impact of the Court of Arbitration for Sport's guilty verdict and suspension of 34 past and present players in January as a significant factor in the financial blow.

Nearly half ($4.5m) of the Dons' total loss ($9.8m) was registered from covering legal fees and compensation claims.

A further $3.1m was lost through reduced match receipts, plus consumer and commercial revenues.
Put CAS in as the bad guy, not the administration and players for the PED doping regime.

I'll give you credit, you're really going the extra mile lately to get bites.

Richmond will report a deficit of $80,257 for the financial year ended 31 October.

The Club generated an operating surplus of $1.2 million but after amortisation and depreciation, a small loss will be reported.

The Club generated revenue of $47.5 million, an increase of $825,000 year-on-year.

On-field performance saw match day attendances drop 14.6% across the season and this had a significant impact on the final result, as did bad debts related to two club sponsors which totalled more than $300,000.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-11-16/richmond-2016-financial-result

The line item for those expenses is "ASADA/WADA related costs" when "Costs due to us being stupid" would be more apt.

As a separate point for those claiming/hoping it's all over for Essendon...Todays Herald/Sun was pretty clear that a number of players compensation claims hadn't been settled yet, including Watson who is expected to get $1M (more now he's lost the Brownlow, which is what the article was about). From a financial accounts POV, some form of provision could be made and/or insurance could cover much of it, but regardless, some elements will cross over into next years accounts.

The line item for those expenses is "ASADA/WADA related costs" when "Costs due to us being stupid" would be more apt.

As a separate point for those claiming/hoping it's all over for Essendon...Todays Herald/Sun was pretty clear that a number of players compensation claims hadn't been settled yet, including Watson who is expected to get $1M (more now he's lost the Brownlow, which is what the article was about). From a financial accounts POV, some form of provision could be made and/or insurance could cover much of it, but regardless, some elements will cross over into next years accounts.

Only Watson and Ryder remain outstanding from what I understand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back