Mega Thread 2016 Freo DT/SC inquiry thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
For all opposition supporters who wish to ask fantasy coach related questions please direct your questions here rather than using training report or other threads. For any Freo fans who feel like premeditating answers (Josh Deluca will play every game this year so load up lads he's a great bargain pick!), ditto.

Yes, inquiry. Deal with it.

Thoughts on Sheridan and Neale?

Will Sheridan get consistent games off a back flank and will Neale continue to be given plenty of time on ball as a midfielder? Can he improve on last season?

Thoughts on Sheridan and Neale?

Will Sheridan get consistent games off a back flank and will Neale continue to be given plenty of time on ball as a midfielder? Can he improve on last season?

There is a lot of good players putting their hand up for a back flank possie so Tom is no lock. Neale is one of the star pre season performers. Lachie is going to take every thing before him this season.

Hi Guys,

How many games do you see Blakely and Weller getting respectively this season? Both are at dirt cheap prices and tempting

Thanks
Very hard question to answer, but now that they are in their second year and know the structures, Lyon is far more likely to pick them.

I would pick one of them. Blakely is my favourite but is possibly more limited in the positions he can play than Weller. Blakely would come into the side for a inside mid such as Mundy, Neale or Barlow, beyond that I don't see many opportunities around the ground for him.

Weller is far more versatile, has elite skills and good speed and would probably get more opportunities.

Having said all that, and to add confusion, Langdon might get more games than both of them!!

I noticed a lot of teams in the SC thread are including S.Yarran in them. I thought he was pretty far back given his preseason has mainly been rehab so far. Do you guys reckon he is a chance to play much this season?

No. With Mayne carving up his preseason and the likely use of Bennell and Fyfe in the forward line he is depth and may not see game time until well into the season if at all. I would go for Weller or Langdon.

Re Blakely & Weller I agree with freoextra Blakely is ripping up the pre season but our inside mid stocks are formidable already.

Re Blakely & Weller I agree with freoextra Blakely is ripping up the pre season but our inside mid stocks are formidable already.
He's not over taking over the Fyfe/Mundy/Neale/Barlow quartet anytime soon but he would definitely be in the hunt for Subes and De Boer's spot. Both of them do rotate into the middle throughout the game.

Blakely is big enough and fit enough to do the off ball stuff that they do as well as be an asset in the middle.

Can't wait for the NAB games to see how they go.

So it seems we have more than half a dozen players that are going to play on the half back line now (Hill, Mundy, Mora, Johnson, Sutcliffe, Sheridan, Hughes and even Tucker if he debuts at some point). And if we play three tall defenders (eg Johnson, Dawson + A.Pearce/Collins/Silvagni) then Ibbo would have to shift to a HFF as well. Hill, Mundy, Johnson and Ibbo are all locks for the B22. Wondering what it means for Sutcliffe and Sheridan, especially if Mora gets upgraded and comes in as well? Midfield perhaps? But so much competition with all the second year players in the mix as well this year. Doing my head in :)

G'day,
Just a quick one on young Apeness, would he be any chance to get games early or is he a fair way off and being brought along slowly coming off the knee?
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

G'day,
Just a quick one on young Apeness, would he be any chance to get games early or is he a fair way off and being brought along slowly coming off the knee?
Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Unfortunately according to our amazing training reporters he is a fair way off. Recovering from a PCL injury so no chance of early games. Hopefully late this season.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the retirement of Duffield do you expect Tucker to get games?
Knowing the history of Ross and his preference for playing more experienced players, I would think it unlikely that he would get more than a token appearance.

He sits in a long list of potential medium defenders options, along with guys like Ibbotson, Suttcliffe, Spurr, Sheridan, Clancee Pearce, Brady Grey, Stephen Hill, Mzungu, Lachie Weller, Ethan Hughes and probably others I have neglected.

I would not be picking him for this year in my DT.

Knowing the history of Ross and his preference for playing more experienced players, I would think it unlikely that he would get more than a token appearance.

He sits in a long list of potential medium defenders options, along with guys like Ibbotson, Suttcliffe, Spurr, Sheridan, Clancee Pearce, Brady Grey, Stephen Hill, Mzungu, Lachie Weller, Ethan Hughes and probably others I have neglected.

I would not be picking him for this year in my DT.
******* hell. So few defender rookies...

Just interested to know how Michael Johnson is tracking over the pre season? Starter for round 1?
Training well and looking in great nick. Was in the rehab group for a short spell (maybe 2-3 weeks) but hasn't had any issues since. Definite round 1 starter unless something happens between now and then.

Awkward price tag though if you're asking for Supercoach.

Training well and looking in great nick. Was in the rehab group for a short spell (maybe 2-3 weeks) but hasn't had any issues since. Definite round 1 starter unless something happens between now and then.

Awkward price tag though if you're asking for Supercoach.

Cheers, appreciate it. A gun when fully fit so keeping him in mind for Supercoach. Shall see how he goes in the NAB series.

Hi guys, quick questions regrading Fyfe spending more time forward this season.
How much of a mid field/forward split could we be looking at &
how does his slight bulging disc hiccup affect this?
Great player, love watching him go about it. Is he likely to get a couple of games extra rest due to the Bulging disc this season?
Has played 18 games the last 2 seasons.

I know these are tough questions requiring a bit of educated guess work but was hoping a few super knowledgeable supporters
might provide some insight as to how Fyfe's season may unfold,
Thanks in advance & kind regards Robert.

Hi Rob. Not super knowledgeable, but based on what Ross has said and where he has been training, I think it would be safe to say he will spend substantially more time forward. Ross says 50 / 50, but I suspect it will be more midfield than forward.

From what I have seen at training the disc is not going to be an issue, it will just be a question of him getting his "engine" fully fit as he has been in rehab for periods this preseason.

I expect he will play most games this year barring injury,

Hi guys, quick questions regrading Fyfe spending more time forward this season.
How much of a mid field/forward split could we be looking at &
how does his slight bulging disc hiccup affect this?
Great player, love watching him go about it. Is he likely to get a couple of games extra rest due to the Bulging disc this season?
Has played 18 games the last 2 seasons.

I know these are tough questions requiring a bit of educated guess work but was hoping a few super knowledgeable supporters
might provide some insight as to how Fyfe's season may unfold,
Thanks in advance & kind regards Robert.

To be honest mate I'd be looking more at Barlow. Ross has said he'll be spending more time back in the midfield which is where he excels and posts consistent hunnids-hunnids-hunnids.
Whereas Fyfe... He's priced awkwardly. If you're spending that amount of coin, you wanna know that he's going to give you the average that you want. I'd look elsewhere personally mate :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back