2016 SuperCoach/DT/fantasy questions here!

Remove this Banner Ad

It's starting to smell a lot like fantasy football season...

Well, actually it's not but I just noticed a few fantasy questions around the traps so figured I might as well kick off this annual thread to stop it leaking into our preseason and other threads. :D

Is anyone considering Rich in defence this year in SuperCoach? He is priced at $436k which I think is good value. Hoping he spends more time in the middle which should see his scores go up.

Hi guys. Are either Mathieson or Keays likely to play Round 1? How many games do you think McGrath will get?

Cheers.

Keays seems moderately likely.
Mathieson is giving himself every chance but it's not as clear how he can get a slot.
McGrath really sold himself to the coaching staff last year with his work ethic until he got injured. If he's in there's a fair chance it's his spot to lose and we might see him string together most of the season.

Hey guys, just wondering how Pearce Hanley is looking? Has he had a full pre-season? What role do you see him playing this year? I appreciate it, thanks.

Hey guys, just wondering how Pearce Hanley is looking? Has he had a full pre-season? What role do you see him playing this year? I appreciate it, thanks.

He's looking good, uninterrupted preseason and should be straight into the mids when he comes back.

Keays seems to be in most peoples squads, but with our midfeild depth, I think he is still a long way down the order, despite his obvious talent, and I don't see him getting games early on.

He will most likely get games later in the season, but a lot obviously depends on injuries....

Interested to see how Robertson goes for team selection - he's only $125,000 (in AFL Fantasy) and could be a decent cash cow

If Robertson was indeed at $125k he would indeed be a very decent cashcow prospect but that error was fixed several weeks ago. He'll start at $306k.

How is Schache going this pre season? Any whispers or thoughts on his chances of lining up early this year?
Would come down to injuries. Might be similar to the year Paddy McCartin had, maybe plays half a dozen games. Would stay away from him in fantasy football. Would not be cheap anyway.

Would come down to injuries. Might be similar to the year Paddy McCartin had, maybe plays half a dozen games. Would stay away from him in fantasy football. Would not be cheap anyway.
Thanks for the response. I play in a draft keeper league that has category scoring so cost isn't too much of a concern. Just trying to figure out which young gun I want to go for this year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many games do you think McGrath will get?

Worth noting that Josh Green, our best small forward, is in a moon boot and likely to miss early. If Leppa decides to replace like-for-like, McGrath would have to be leading candidate. Quick, sure hands, great training ethic and follows instructions.

Very early days obviously, but I reckon the crystal ball looks pretty good for his chance at the moment.

Cheers.

How likely is it that West has a spot in the 22? Very cheap in Fantasy. Personally I'd have Stef going at it on his own, but would be interested to see what you guys think.
Unlikely at this stage. It would appear Martin will do the majority of ruck work with an occasional chop out from one of the forwards.

West is certainly our second string ruckman though. No other ruckmen on the senior list (although we have several ruck sized players like Andrews, Schache, Hipwood, Freeman).

Michael Close is very cheaply priced and have him starting on my bench in SC, should I keep him or look for a different rookie?

I'd be looking elsewhere. He's not guaranteed a start with our off season acquisitions and he's coming off an ACL. Has never been a high scorer either. I'd imagine there will be better options.

Tom rockliff a must have? Bastinac worthy selection? Lastly is mathierson likely to be a nice cash flow

dlanod what is the most popular fantasy football game that would be suitable for a hack like myself?
Any? DT is the simplest, SC makes more sense to me in that players who you think are doing well on the field probably are doing well in scoring, and AFL Fantasy if you enjoy mind *s that only work half the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back