2016 Trade/FA discussion (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, this came to mind for me as well.

Ken seemed to put it all on the players then tried to push a few out the door and failed. It's hard to see how that sets you up for anything but a fractured season when it's pretty clear that your coach doesn't have your back. Here's hoping.
Yep and Hinkley is clearly feeling the heat and started pushing blame to the players. Can't wait, nobody eats there own like Port (or possible collingwood).

I don't actually mind port as a club so it feels weird to want them to fail but another top 10 pick would be so good for us.

Dream scenario is picks 1 and 2. Wouldn't that be sublime?
Im on board with Pick 1 (OMG that would be sweet) from Port, but I just feel we might get a bounce next season, would be nice to get out of bottom 4

Although that would be a great result.
I would prefer Ports pick 1 and the lions show a bit of improvemet and get pick 5 or 6. Finishing 13 or 14.
One can only dream.
love it, picks 1 and 5 on 2 gun mids and Connor Ballenden slides to a bid at pick 6 after being rated a top 3 prospect all season:D.

Cant believe they traded away pick 1 next year.
I went on their board last week and they were all up in arms about their list manger saying the trades were a win in terms of points value. I think they might want to check those calculations again.

Barlow delisted by Freo. If we had the list space I'd consider bringing him in as a DFA

Do you think an experienced, slow midfielder is really a big need for us? We are fairly experienced through the midfield.

Do you think an experienced, slow midfielder is really a big need for us? We are fairly experienced through the midfield.
Its not a glaring need but I do feel like our midfield has been overhyped for years now... well it'd help if we could get our full midfield on the field at the same time I guess

Its not a glaring need but I do feel like our midfield has been overhyped for years now... well it'd help if we could get our full midfield on the field at the same time I guess

We have

Beams
Rockliff
Robinson
Zorko
Rich
Bastinac
Christensen

All experienced and would be ahead of him. And Stefan rucking.

We really need an experienced leader in our backline though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its an interesting one Port. It seriously could be a top 5 pick despite them finishing 10th this season.

looking at the brackets I see next year something like

Top 6:
Bulldogs, GWS, Sydney, West Coast, Adelaide, Geelong

Next group:
Hawks, Saints, Melbourne

Possible Improvers:
Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast

Treading water:
Richmond, Collingwood, Port Adelaide

Probably bottom 2:
Brisbane, Carlton

Of course every year has an upside surprise and downside surprise. so hard to know. But I don't see what improvement Port has in them to move up from 10th. Meanwhile I see Melbourne, Essendon, Freo in particular who finished below them getting better.

I'm (unfortunately) big on Gold Coast having a lot of improvement in them next year... noting that O'Meara and Prestia played a combined 22 games the last 2 seasons, that they are getting back injured players like Ablett, Swallow and others, adding Hanley and Lyon, and grabbing 4 of the top 10 players in this draft.

I don't actually mind port as a club so it feels weird to want them to fail but another top 10 pick would be so good for us.

Dream scenario is picks 1 and 2. Wouldn't that be sublime?

Why stop there?
Rockliff goes for a band1 compo and we grab pick 3 as well. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet !

What if Rocky wins the Brownlow???

Honestly I think being able to circlejerk on bigfooty about having picks 1,2 and 3 is greater then any single player.

Imagine the Lions facebook meltdown if we traded the reigning Brownlow medalist!

You'd think Hanley was the reigning Brownlow medallist reading some of the current drivel there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back