2017/18 Melbourne Victory Thread. We Are The Champions!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Could we play something like this...

Berisha Kenny
George Valeri Troisi Barba
Deng Milligan Williams Geria
Thomas
I want something really different, I know Kev won't change because he's stubborn as **** but I think this formation could do some damage, Bes needs someone to play off I think Kenny will give Bes plenty of help, George and Barba with Deng and Geria over lapping, 442 has stood the test of time it's a simple formation for a simple league. **** I'd love to try it.

No chance of Kenny starting any time soon! He did a few nice touches and won a couple of aerial duals but he clearly wasn’t fit and looked A little lost out their on Monday night.

Berisha Kenny
Thomas
I want something really different, I know Kev won't change because he's stubborn as **** but I think this formation could do some damage, Bes needs someone to play off I think Kenny will give Bes plenty of help, George and Barba with Deng and Geria over lapping, 442 has stood the test of time it's a simple formation for a simple league. **** I'd love to try it.
I don't mind 442 but Troisi as a defensive midfielder? If that's what you were thinking. Not sure about Kenny just yet either.

Berisha Kenny
Thomas

"Plan B is to do Plan A better." Get with the program, mate.

But, yeah, not sure that Deng is a LB (it's criminal that we don't actually have a LB on the books) or that we get the most out of Milligan as a CB. I'm happy to go with Williams and Deng at CB for now and have Milligan a bit further up the pitch.

I wouldn't mind seeing (4-3-3):

George Berisha Barbarouses
Troisi Milligan
Sanchez​
Nigro Williams Deng Geria
Thomas
  • Sanchez anchors the midfield, Troisi and Milligan slightly further forward with Troisi in particular given licence to roam. Milligan more defensive and drops to cover RB when Geria goes forward;
  • No need for Milligan and Valeri in the same midfield, it's too old and slow;
  • George and Barbarouses able to interchange throughout the match; George able to come deeper and Troisi to go beyond to support Berisha.
  • Barbarouses and Geria to stay wide and use their pace to get in behind.
  • Milligan and Troisi able to feed balls through to the front three from more dangerous positions.

The club finally listened to us and let us have a GA standing section. It was lots of fun, it’s just the start but hopefully it builds from here and it’ll be back to the good old days of the NT.

Let's hope so. You guys were loud. Little disorganized i thought when it comes to chants but that'll come. Keep up the good work.

This team is alarming.

Valeri, Broxham and Sanchez in the same midfield?
It's so slow and lacks and creativity.

Ingham is a complete waste of space.

Deng and williams are more creative than our mids.
That's criminal.

Muscat has absolutely no idea what he's doing.

Enough of wasting minutes on guys like Valeri, Broxham and Ingham.
Play some kids- they'd give us more than what these "senior players" serve up.

Berisha may as well not be playing.
It's not like they can hit him with a pass anyway.

This game style and system that Muscat likes doesn't work.
It doesn't allow us to be creative or get players forward.

We've become that side you know is rubbish but is hanging out for the odd set piece to create something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back