Strategy 2017 Hawthorn Supercoach, Fantasy Footy Questions In Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Doc has been tracking very nicely this pre-season aswell as O'Rourke.
Howe. May break into the side. no gaurantees. Hawks will be wanting to get game time into him though. He'll play through the middle and at half-back
Heatherley. Will play a some games. Wouldn't be banking on him to play more than half of the games.
Hardwick. Don't really know. Kade Stewart may have surpassed him. not sure how he'll fit into the scheme of things.

Much appreciated, let me know if you want any info on Crows players!

Sizzle or Gunners fellow hawkers? hard to choose... cant afford both unfortunately.

I have gone Gunners. I am really keen on Rough, Sizzle and Gunners this year. 3 is to many. Have Gunners and Rough atm.

Am really excited about Rioli as well given he has had his best pre-season, on record, to date. 2017 could be the year he sets himself apart once and for all (touch wood).

Anyone like the idea of Schoenmakers as a cash cow in SC? Very cheap at $155k and could make some quick cash if he gets a few early games in.

One of the golden rules of SC is to not include intermediate price players, (200-500k), of the team you support, as emotion/ hope clouds your judgement. This year there are exceptional circumstances with some returning stars being heavily discounted.

At the moment I'm intending to start with Burton, O'Meara and Roughhead.

Burton looks to have good job security and priced at only 50. A genuine talent, who hopefully gets to play off hbf.

O'Meara I'll risk even if he doesn't play R1, as it will be hard to find the cash for him in a hurry otherwise. Should his knee hold up he is a must have. Worst case scenario will see me downgrade him to a rookie freeing up some cash.

Roughy is training well and very attractively priced. Has averaged in 90's previously, is versatile and can score big.

Of the fringe players Lovell is the one of most interest to me. Will need good early showings to cement a regular gig. If he does I'll find room for him.

One of the golden rules of SC is to not include intermediate price players, (200-500k), of the team you support, as emotion/ hope clouds your judgement. This year there are exceptional circumstances with some returning stars being heavily discounted.

At the moment I'm intending to start with Burton, O'Meara and Roughhead.

Burton looks to have good job security and priced at only 50. A genuine talent, who hopefully gets to play off hbf.

O'Meara I'll risk even if he doesn't play R1, as it will be hard to find the cash for him in a hurry otherwise. Should his knee hold up he is a must have. Worst case scenario will see me downgrade him to a rookie freeing up some cash.

Roughy is training well and very attractively priced. Has averaged in 90's previously, is versatile and can score big.

Of the fringe players Lovell is the one of most interest to me. Will need good early showings to cement a regular gig. If he does I'll find room for him.
I'm not sure about Burton. I have O'Meara & Roughead. I still have concerns over job security + also unsure about his scoring potential

I am thinking of running a fantasy side this season, having never really done it before except in the first season, which I thought was a bit meh, but have no idea how it works really. I mean I understand how players earn points, and their value and everything, but not how the trading works. When I DID try it, I bought a team that rose in value enormously, tried to sell some of the cash growers and buy better players and the game told me I couldn't buy that player because although I had the money, my total player value would exceed some figure or something. BUT IT ALREADY DID EXCEED THAT VALUE!!!

So I rage quit.

Anyone willing to take me under their wing and talk me through it during the season?

Hodgey revealed to the traders that apparently Teia Miles could play round 1. If he can continue his form of 17 touches and scoring 58 against the Cats he could be a good pick for the bench :thumbsu:

I'd imagine him potentially taking Duryea's spot as a small defender with Doc spending more time in the midfield, which if true, could mean Doc could be in for a big year..

Hodgey revealed to the traders that apparently Teia Miles could play round 1. If he can continue his form of 17 touches and scoring 58 against the Cats he could be a good pick for the bench :thumbsu:

I'd imagine him potentially taking Duryea's spot as a small defender with Doc spending more time in the midfield, which if true, could mean Doc could be in for a big year..

I thought some of Miles' work out of defence was terrific against the Cats. The only worry for mine is the bigger bodies he will come up against. He is also a FWD/MID, which goes against him imo, as there could be better scoring options up for selection in these positions. Hawk fans know he will most likely play back, not FWD/MID.

Definitely on the watchlist as his disposal looks very tidy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought some of Miles' work out of defence was terrific against the Cats. The only worry for mine is the bigger bodies he will come up against. He is also a FWD/MID, which goes against him imo, as there could be better scoring options up for selection in these positions. Hawk fans know he will most likely play back, not FWD/MID.

Definitely on the watchlist as his disposal looks very tidy.

We're lucky in that we're a bit spoiled for choice in the small forward/midfielder department, so the backline really is the best spot for him to slot into if he wants senior game time. Agreed that his size is a bit of a worry but his use of the footy is very clean, something Caleb Daniel also has for a player of (roughly) the same size.

If Doc ends up spending more time in the midfield then Teia could very well turn into his clone, but I'll reserve full judgement until after the JLT series. At this stage, if doesn't play round 1, could 100% see him debuting against a lower team later in the year.

We're lucky in that we're a bit spoiled for choice in the small forward/midfielder department, so the backline really is the best spot for him to slot into if he wants senior game time. Agreed that his size is a bit of a worry but his use of the footy is very clean, something Caleb Daniel also has for a player of (roughly) the same size.

If Doc ends up spending more time in the midfield then Teia could very well turn into his clone, but I'll reserve full judgement until after the JLT series. At this stage, if doesn't play round 1, could 100% see him debuting against a lower team later in the year.

Spot on IMO. Should add he looked pretty quick as well which might work in his favour.

Hi Guys, I am organizing an AFL Fantasy and SC league with one person representing each AFL club. If any Hawks supporters are keen to join one or both competitions can you inbox me or quote this post and I will send you an invite code. I will edit this post if one or both spots have been filled.

EDIT : SC filled. AF filled. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I am organizing an AFL Fantasy and SC league with one person representing each AFL club. If any Hawks supporters are keen to join one or both competitions can you inbox me or quote this post and I will send you an invite code. I will edit this post if one or both spots have been filled.
I'll do the SC one

I am thinking of running a fantasy side this season, having never really done it before except in the first season, which I thought was a bit meh, but have no idea how it works really. I mean I understand how players earn points, and their value and everything, but not how the trading works. When I DID try it, I bought a team that rose in value enormously, tried to sell some of the cash growers and buy better players and the game told me I couldn't buy that player because although I had the money, my total player value would exceed some figure or something. BUT IT ALREADY DID EXCEED THAT VALUE!!!

So I rage quit.

Anyone willing to take me under their wing and talk me through it during the season?
The best tip i can give you is dont play AFL fantasy because it is a giant load of s**t. Play supercoach and real dt. You wont have bullshit problems like that, AFL Fantasy is some hybrid fail pos and it should die in a hole.

Am really excited about Rioli as well given he has had his best pre-season, on record, to date. 2017 could be the year he sets himself apart once and for all (touch wood).

Do you think this means more midfield minutes for him and if so, how much time do you see him spending there as opposed to forward?

Do you think this means more midfield minutes for him and if so, how much time do you see him spending there as opposed to forward?

I would not expect his role to change much. Cyril will be a POD this year given the fact that all the forward selections are so even. See my opening summary on Cyril in this thread (Post 1). At worst he will average 90 odd again which he has done pretty consistently.

EDIT : SC filled. AF still available.

I'll do the AF if it's not filled yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back