Prediction 2017 Ladder Prediction

Remove this Banner Ad

Most in the general public don't think we're a genuine finals threat, including a lot on this board. An emotion charged win against the hawks and a win vs Brisbane certainly wouldn't have changed any opinions yet.
So, my question is, will opinions change when we beat Adelaide in Adelaide, or when we knock off Collingwood on Anzac Day and go 5-0?

Most in the general public don't think we're a genuine finals threat, including a lot on this board. An emotion charged win against the hawks and a win vs Brisbane certainly wouldn't have changed any opinions yet.
So, my question is, will opinions change when we beat Adelaide in Adelaide, or when we knock off Collingwood on Anzac Day and go 5-0?

yes, then, but only then..

geelong and west coast are good measurements..

Cant believe I missed this, at this stage id have

1. Adelaide
2. GWS
3. Bulldogs
4. West Coast
5. Melbourne
6. Geelong
7. Essendon
8. Sydney

9. St Kilda
10. Port Adelaide
11. Hawthorn
12. Richmond
13. Brisbane
14. North Melbourne
15. Collingwood
16. Fremantle
17. Gold Coast
18. Carlton

This year looks just as unpredictable

Momentum at any club is so important, more so for us this season. We have started the Season 2-0, and belief will be growing by the day. It's fortunate that we have Carlton this week who have struggled in the pre season and in the first two rounds. If we can win this, we then turn our attention to the crows and by that stage the players will have strong internal belief that they can win, they can make the 8, and they can do some damage.

1. GWS
2. Adelaide
3. Geelong
4. W. Bulldogs
5. Richmond
6. Essendon
7. Melbourne
8. St Kilda
--
9. Sydney
10. Collingwood
11. GC/WCE/North who cares.

16. Carlton
17. Freo
18. Brisbane

Last edited:
For a business based on Data analysis I scratch my head at how they think Essendon will finish 10th.

Obviously a lot of water to go under the bridge yet but we probably have the easiest second half draw so surely that has to count for something?

Interesting if they have some sort of analysis or just the usual "gut feel" when the data is telling you something you don't like seeing.

https://www.zerohanger.com/champion-data-predicts-side-will-finish-season-13035/

IMG_2686-696x269.jpg

For a business based on Data analysis I scratch my head at how they think Essendon will finish 10th.

Obviously a lot of water to go under the bridge yet but we probably have the easiest second half draw so surely that has to count for something?

Interesting if they have some sort of analysis or just the usual "gut feel" when the data is telling you something you don't like seeing.

https://www.zerohanger.com/champion-data-predicts-side-will-finish-season-13035/

IMG_2686-696x269.jpg

remember they are looking at it from a statistical method, so they would look at clearances, scoring power, defence etc probably take the averages of those stats and would be comparing where each team ranks in those stats vs the teams they play.
Certain categories would be weighted more heavily, and they could be areas where we struggle.

We have an ok run home, but a 27% chance to make the 8 I reckon is pretty spot on, give or take 5%.

remember they are looking at it from a statistical method, so they would look at clearances, scoring power, defence etc probably take the averages of those stats and would be comparing where each team ranks in those stats vs the teams they play.
Certain categories would be weighted more heavily, and they could be areas where we struggle.

We have an ok run home, but a 27% chance to make the 8 I reckon is pretty spot on, give or take 5%.
Not sure about that.

Our first half of the season we traveled 4 times and have played 7 of the top 8 teams. Beating 3 of them convincingly and only been blown away by Adelaide.

For the remainder of the year we travel only once and play only 2 top 8 teams.

This is my latest ladder predictor which has us losing to Swans

1. Adelaide 76
2. Geelong 68
3. GWS 64
4. Bulldogs 64
5. Richmond 60
6. Essendon 52
7. Melbourne 52
8. Port Adelaide 48

9. West Coast 44
10. St Kilda 44
11. Sydney 36
12. Collingwood 36
13. Gold Coast 36
14. Fremantle 32
15. North Melbourne 24
16. Carlton 20
17. Hawthorn 20
18. Brisbane 16

1. Adelaide 76
2. Geelong 68
3. GWS 64
4. Bulldogs 64
5. Richmond 60
6. Essendon 52
7. Melbourne 52
8. Port Adelaide 48

9. West Coast 44
10. St Kilda 44
11. Sydney 36
12. Collingwood 36
13. Gold Coast 36
14. Fremantle 32
15. North Melbourne 24
16. Carlton 20
17. Hawthorn 20
18. Brisbane 16

What wins have you given us?

1. Adelaide 76
2. Geelong 68
3. GWS 64
4. Bulldogs 64
5. Richmond 60
6. Essendon 52
7. Melbourne 52
8. Port Adelaide 48

9. West Coast 44
10. St Kilda 44
11. Sydney 36
12. Collingwood 36
13. Gold Coast 36
14. Fremantle 32
15. North Melbourne 24
16. Carlton 20
17. Hawthorn 20
18. Brisbane 16
And only Swans?

That's a little ambitious:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Games against Pies, Suns pretty much every team outside the 8 but had us losing to Crows and Dogs although id give us a good chance to beat dogs

Hmm I like your optimism, not sure I agree but would be ecstatic to be wrong.

Saints, Roos big danger games, can see us halving those
Swans, Adelaide, Dogs games id be surprised if we won the first 2, dogs could be gettable if we played them now but they have time to regain form
Pies is a coin flip when was the last time we beat them twice in a season?
Blues we should win but its no walk in the park. Their ultra defensive game style has hurt teams taking them lightly.

Suns, Freo and Brisbane should be wins.

Hmm I like your optimism, not sure I agree but would be ecstatic to be wrong.

Saints, Roos big danger games, can see us halving those
Swans, Adelaide, Dogs games id be surprised if we won the first 2, dogs could be gettable if we played them now but they have time to regain form
Pies is a coin flip when was the last time we beat them twice in a season?
Blues we should win but its no walk in the park. Their ultra defensive game style has hurt teams taking them lightly.

Suns, Freo and Brisbane should be wins.
Im under the assumption that our best can easily beat teams like North and Saints and our 2nd half of the year should be better. Losing to Swans isn't the end of the world but losing to anyone else outside the 8 will have us miss finals

Personally I don't believe any of our remaining games are out of reach for us including Adelaide over here. We've learned a lot as a team since then and Adelaide started the season red hot plus whilst they are a great team they are much better in Adelaide.

That said we are capable of dropping absolutely any games as well. The key for us making finals is not so much beating the team's outside of the 8 that we should and being competitive against the better teams - its more being able to actually string multiple wins in a row together instead of 1 win 1 loss.

I think Sydney at the SCG will be one of the toughest games to win. We didn't get the luck to play them earlier in the season so now we will really have to earn our win.

Personally I don't believe any of our remaining games are out of reach for us including Adelaide over here. We've learned a lot as a team since then and Adelaide started the season red hot plus whilst they are a great team they are much better in Adelaide.

That said we are capable of dropping absolutely any games as well. The key for us making finals is not so much beating the team's outside of the 8 that we should and being competitive against the better teams - its more being able to actually string multiple wins in a row together instead of 1 win 1 loss.

I think Sydney at the SCG will be one of the toughest games to win. We didn't get the luck to play them earlier in the season so now we will really have to earn our win.
Having the bye has come at a good time I feel.

Should allow them plenty of time to work on a plan to beat Sydney and really set ourselves up.

1. Adelaide 76
2. Geelong 68
3. GWS 64
4. Bulldogs 64
5. Richmond 60
6. Essendon 52
7. Melbourne 52
8. Port Adelaide 48

9. West Coast 44
10. St Kilda 44
11. Sydney 36
12. Collingwood 36
13. Gold Coast 36
14. Fremantle 32
15. North Melbourne 24
16. Carlton 20
17. Hawthorn 20
18. Brisbane 16
Adelaide not losing again? Interesting. I have basically the same top 8, although the order is:

GWS
Geelong
Adelaide
Melbourne (even I'm surprised at this)
Port
Bulldogs
Essendon
Richmond
-----------------------------------
West Coast
St. Kilda
Sydney
Fremantle
Gold Coast
North Melbourne
Collingwood
Carlton
Brisbane
Hawthorn

our 2nd half of the year should be better.
Interested to see how the returning players run out the second half, we have dropped games I would've thought were locks but we've had just as many upset wins.

Would hate to see us fade out of another season, but there's no precedent for half of your best 22 missing a year of footy, so we'll see.

Post game Woosh sounded like he's all over how he needs to manage those guys and I feel like he's been really smart in his approach so far. I'd say we have the best opportunity of the 6 teams on 24 points to get some momentum and set ourselves to upset some teams at the business end.

Been noticing a lot of the top NBA teams decrease their training workload dramatically, cavs don't practice at all apparently, heavily prioritise peaking with a healthy roster at the right time. One main session a week for 30 minutes says to me Worsfold is staying ahead of the curve as he has his throughout his career.

Excited to watch what we do, feel like this group is capable of something special if they end up in the 8.

Reckon Tigers top four, Pies to take Power spot. We're a big show for top 6

1. Adelaide
2. Giants
3. Richmond
4. Geelong
5. Essendon
6. Bulldogs
7. Melbourne
8. Collingwood

9. Eagles
9. Port

10. Sydney