Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far out, you dont trade your captain. Period.

There are some things that damage the fabric, heart and soul of the team. Trading your captain is one of them. Its how u lose loyalty.

What if Murph or the club believe someone like Docherty should take over the captaincy next season?

Does the sentiment change if the captaincy is changing anyway?

Hats off to Gibbs. He could have gone through the motions this year and tried to get to Adelaide again at the end of the year, but he has shown more character than I ever suspected he had. Without knowing him and only going off what I see on TV, I suspect he wont fight too hard to go unless Adelaide put up a fair offer, and if he keeps playing the way he is, it should be a very fair offer indeed. If his wife wants to go home to be closer to family, can't we move her family here, cousins and all?

You made my point in saying to trade Gibbs and try and get a 2nd round from adelaide. We can't just skip the draft.

Not making your point for you at all - if pick 36 makes that much of a difference then you're just being silly.

As I said, if we've done substantially better through two drafts than we'd expected, I see no reason we couldn't bring forward any plans to trade first rounders for gun players. Depends if we think the young core of the list is now set.

If Liam shows that his resurrection is not a mirage, then there is no way that you let him go. He has slotted in so well that he makes Jones and ASOS superfluous . Today was the best combination in defence I have seen in the navy Blue since sos's father was going around.
Kelly will be breaking his neck to get to us now that he can see what we are capable of with such a young list.
Gotta love how Jones has come in and played well the first thing some people think of is trading him . Seriously would Bolton show the faith he has shown in Jones to play him in defence . Jones takes that chance to date rewards us all and then turn around and trade him i doubt it very much .

If Kelly wants to come to Carlton im not against giving up our first pick for him.

On another note has GWS had their first pick taken from them for the Whitfield saga?

Gotta love how Jones has come in and played well the first thing some people think of is trading him . Seriously would Bolton show the faith he has shown in Jones to play him in defence . Jones takes that chance to date rewards us all and then turn around and trade him i doubt it very much .
comes down to what the offers are/

I would imagine that the club wouldn't want to offer more than 2 years - on the other hand, I could see an opposition club offer 3-4 on better money. That is what gives him currency and makes him a tradable commodity - other clubs will value jones more than what we will.

The way Gibbs has been playing I don't think he'll leave. He's contracted for 2 more years. Crows now know SOS isn't bluffing . Will need to offer overs to get him across.

If we were offered 2 x first rounders (or a first rounder and a gun kid) you have to do it. He is in great form and I couldn't be more impressed with him but it is still about building for the future.

I get Jones adjusting well to defence...quick, agile, deceptively strong...but where did the field kicking come from? Seriously, just looks like we stretched Tuohy out a bit, gave him a shave and removed the s**t tatts.

Yeah truly amazing...his field kicking has been Simpson-esque.

Also has been calm and composed under pressure...which you wouldn't really expect from him especially playing in a new position and the pressure of his career on the line.

Hats off to Gibbs. He could have gone through the motions this year and tried to get to Adelaide again at the end of the year, but he has shown more character than I ever suspected he had. Without knowing him and only going off what I see on TV, I suspect he wont fight too hard to go unless Adelaide put up a fair offer, and if he keeps playing the way he is, it should be a very fair offer indeed. If his wife wants to go home to be closer to family, can't we move her family here, cousins and all?

What are the club doing to help his wife settle in Melbourne?

Apparently it was mainly due to Gibbs' partner wanting family assistance with their kid which is fair enough...hope we've put some extra support in place to convince her to stay for a few more years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were offered 2 x first rounders (or a first rounder and a gun kid) you have to do it. He is in great form and I couldn't be more impressed with him but it is still about building for the future.
2 late first rounders for Gibbs ? i doubt they would offer that and i doubt sos would budge for that . Theyd have to somehow come up with an earlier first rounder and a player to tempt sos imo .

comes down to what the offers are/

I would imagine that the club wouldn't want to offer more than 2 years - on the other hand, I could see an opposition club offer 3-4 on better money. That is what gives him currency and makes him a tradable commodity - other clubs will value jones more than what we will.
Firstly on better money than he's already on ? As i believe he's on a pretty good wicket now . Secondly 3-4 years are you a player agent ??
I think Liam Jones should be shining SOS and bolts shoes begging to stay where he is given how well he's been looked after contract wise whilst playing mostly seconds football....

Apparently it was mainly due to Gibbs' partner wanting family assistance with their kid which is fair enough...hope we've put some extra support in place to convince her to stay for a few more years.

Don't bet on it.

Can see it coming together now.

Get a decent first round pick for Gibbs, I'm talking inside top ten.

Get a late second or early third for Cas.

Offer the Gibbs pick for Kelly.

Keep pick 3-4.

Well Andrew Walker is the players welfare manager, does that extend to players's Childs?? Could keep the kids happy showing his highlight reel all day:D

Why would we trade Gibbs given his form and his contracted status?
I think many are assuming that he is still keen to head back to Adelaide, if we think he will want to go back there once his contract expires then we should probably trade him whilst we can get value for him. If he is keen to stay and finish as a one club player then I would prefer to keep him, quality player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back