Mod. Notice 2017 Toots Hibbert Medal (Bay 13 MVP) - We Have a winner!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

No mention of NorthernLights at all in Norf's B&F? Wow... he really is on the nose in certain circles. o_O
Especially strange that he was beaten to an honourable mention by a Benny that only just joined after the end of the season.

Time for some more B&Fs, including a few surprises.

GC- Default has always been a term associated with the GC B&F, with Lord Flasheart winning most years due to lack of competition. He hasn't been as active on Bay 13 this year though, so it's hard to say he'd be a deserving winner. Therefore the winner is [B]SwampCreature[/B] for being the most active poster with a GC team listed (even though he doesn't really support them).

Norf- A tough year to be a Norf supporter on Bay 13 with results falling away and relocation talk starting up again, though a handful stuck it out and battled againt the tide of LOLNorf, none more admirably than [B]Kangaroos4eva[/B] who wins again. Honourable mentions though go to LeGrille and Norfs Recruiter.

Port- The Puffers had a rollercoaster year of shitfighting with the Crowbots, with once again neither side really winning. Basically a coin flip for the B&F, and despite his factually incorrect username, [B]Established1870[/B] just beats Beats.

Richmond- Premiership seasons often bring out the best in players, and it's no different with Richmond posters. Grin was reasonably active, Smasha's Grand Final comment was accurate, even Tyreboyz looked a bit smarter. :rainbow: Of course there were two clear standouts, and though Richoatthedisco polled better in the Toots, [B]captain blood 17[/B] loudly drove the Tiggy Train all year and earns the prestigious B &F in a premiership year.

Sydney- Fortunately that 0-6 start really did scare off most of the COLAs this year, generally leaving us with the ones who aren't bandwagoners with suspect football knowledge. Leobarryustar gets an honourable mention, but [B]db swannie[/B] wins comfortably.

and

Essendon- The 2017 season was very much a revenge year of sorts for the Bombers flogs as their team returned to finals. Dapperjong, Zackah, and Haduken did their usual bits (albeit with more ammo), and Craffles' Bay 13 comeback was the polar opposite of Jab Watson's comeback from his drugs suspension. That said, no one from Essendon quite wore their heart on their sleeve in the same way as [B]Ilksy[/B] and [B]that other floggo[/B] who are our joint B&F winners for 2017. :rainbow:
Thank you, sir.
What do I win?

Especially strange that he was beaten to an honourable mention by a Benny that only just joined after the end of the season.
Mr GAWNAGE,
I assure you that my name is not Benny and like the aforementioned posters, and Mr/Mrs/Ms Jazny (can't assume gender in this PC age), I bleed blue and white.

I think you would enjoy the latest piece of club merchandise - titled "The Streak" - it features a lithograph of highlights from our last 17 encounters with the Melbourne Football Club along with a 17 DVD set containing full, uninterrupted broadcasts of said encounters.

I went with smorts noonretfa so BigJoeD_ could read it bottom to top.
giphy.webp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to back best and fairest’s, but no mention of NL:
View attachment 451239

It's not a participation award (unless you won by default, 'sup Swamp), you have to actually contribute something of worth to the forum.

FWIW, Dan didn't get mentioned either, and he at least did the tree again.

You might have a better chance of fitting it on if you settle for "Rain".
I went with "There is 70% chance of storms with strong wind gusts and large hail likely. Please secure all loose items and be storm prepared. We will update you as further information comes to hand. Keep a radio with batteries nearby in case of power outages."

Mr GAWNAGE,
I assure you that my name is not Benny and like the aforementioned posters, and Mr/Mrs/Ms Jazny (can't assume gender in this PC age), I bleed blue and white.

I think you would enjoy the latest piece of club merchandise - titled "The Streak" - it features a lithograph of highlights from our last 17 encounters with the Melbourne Football Club along with a 17 DVD set containing full, uninterrupted broadcasts of said encounters.
Shut up DH

Remove this Banner Ad

Back