2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If hodge wanted to come to Brisbane no one would be against it! Adds experience in defence that we need so badly, maybe releases Rich up the ground and in the middle more. Keys- Andrews, McStay. Medium- Hodge, Gardiner. Running/Small backs- Mayes, Witherden. Starting to look better maybe a tad small.

If hodge wanted to come to Brisbane no one would be against it! Adds experience in defence that we need so badly, maybe releases Rich up the ground and in the middle more. Keys- Andrews, McStay. Medium- Hodge, Gardiner. Running/Small backs- Mayes, Witherden. Starting to look better maybe a tad small.
Uhh I'd be against it. I don't want geriatrics playing for club.

I think Hodge would be a disaster.

He played some important games this year, but even at his best he can't jump or bend his knees anymore. By the last two games he couldn't run.

He can't stand an opposing forward, he can't provide overlap run, he can't help our key defenders in the air, he can't win the ball at ground level. There's no reason to think any of these things are going to be any better after he's aged yet another year.

So he'll give us two things. An outlet from the backline - for which we already have Witherden and Rich - and leadership and direction that we're badly in need of. I'm sure it's that last one that we want him for, but I'm really not sure that with all his weaknesses he's going to make our backline more cohesive and stronger overall.

Most likely he plays a few games and then retires mid season.

"Leadership and direction" - i think you severely underestimate the importance of this. We were one of the form teams in the league, beating sydney/adelaide, drawing with gws and losing to geelong by a kick, then we play richmond with hodge out and all of a sudden we have a "parting of the red sea" defence. Tigers were below average that day, if they or another team were on then that game was a 55 point loss.

The teaching/understanding your kids would get for long term benefit would be worth it alone, let alone the fact your defence 2 goals minimum better per game.

Yeah? I type 'Miles' in the google search bar? Really?

Jesus ******* christ.
Did you ask a question there ? Or just an opportunity to say rude words.I'm a Christian tone it down please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who the hell is Miles?
A Richmond inside mid who has fallen out of favour this year but has shown he can win plenty of contested footy and kick a goal. Would be a worthy addition, especially if we lose Rocky. The Richmond faithful still like him.

Yeah? I type 'Miles' in the google search bar? Really?

Jesus ******* christ.

Type Get Miles into google. You won't learn anything about footy but it's a cool song you should listen to.

what about a trade with the Suns , Close and Bewick for Matera and Mckenzie

Can't see McKenzie making it long-term in the AFL and Matera will be heading somewhere other than QLD surely.

Yeah all well and good but those two along with a few others from gc need to fully commit to footy. I think you will find a broom goes through gc this year and the ones they get rid of we shouldn't touch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back