2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree that if we continue to develop our young boys well. Then, other than maybe Martin i think all of our older boys have enough time left to get a taste of finals before they retire. But we need to find some class in the mid age bracket to follow them up, beacuse at the moment we got nuttin.

Agree, probably dreaming but if we could some how get a few in the 20-23 years old range that would be great. So we again come back to players like Jacob Hopper, Matthew Kennedy, Zac Jones, Darcy Parish.

If only dream scenario- Get pick 2 as a PP and I would give it up and pick 1 plus Ports for Hopper, Kennedy and Josh Kelly or Stephen Coniglio.
Coniglio re-signed with GWS till the end of 2019 just last year. He won't be going anywhere.

Agree, probably dreaming but if we could some how get a few in the 20-23 years old range that would be great. So we again come back to players like Jacob Hopper, Matthew Kennedy, Zac Jones, Darcy Parish.

If only dream scenario- Get pick 2 as a PP and I would give it up and pick 1 plus Ports for Hopper, Kennedy and Josh Kelly or Stephen Coniglio.
Josh Kelly, I think you've had a few too many pie night beers Jason. He's off to NM for his mill a year.

I didn't think we would get anyone in the trade market, but looking at the selections tonight we should look at guys like Dunstan from ST Kilda or hartung from Hawthorne. Young players but in the age bracket where were light on early 20s. They are struggling to make best 22 which is where we can offer some opportunity and maybe a bit of extra cash than they would get.

Plus st Kilda might need some trade picks if they're trying to land a big fish. And hawks need picks to regenerate.

Neither will cost us any of our top picks & they would be solid contributors. If we replace any of bewick , harwood, Bell c beams with these guts we look a lot stronger.

Any big target trades are just fanciful, we will be 2-3 years off something like that. Should concentrate on small trades that will improve us while keep building through the draft

Coniglio re-signed with GWS till the end of 2019 just last year. He won't be going anywhere.
Thanks for the info lionshine, I was going off footywire and they had him as OOC this year.
Josh Kelly, I think you've had a few too many pie night beers Jason. He's off to NM for his mill a year.

I didn't think we would get anyone in the trade market, but looking at the selections tonight we should look at guys like Dunstan from ST Kilda or hartung from Hawthorne. Young players but in the age bracket where were light on early 20s. They are struggling to make best 22 which is where we can offer some opportunity and maybe a bit of extra cash than they would get.

Plus st Kilda might need some trade picks if they're trying to land a big fish. And hawks need picks to regenerate.

Neither will cost us any of our top picks & they would be solid contributors. If we replace any of bewick , harwood, Bell c beams with these guts we look a lot stronger.

Any big target trades are just fanciful, we will be 2-3 years off something like that. Should concentrate on small trades that will improve us while keep building through the draft
I agree, daydreamer more than a pie eating xxxx drinker though.

Can we take advantage of the fact that we'll probably finish last and offer Parish a colossal sum to leave the Bombers? Offer him big bucks and when Essendon say they won't trade him, get him to say Lions or PSD (Lions)

Can we take advantage of the fact that we'll probably finish last and offer Parish a colossal sum to leave the Bombers? Offer him big bucks and when Essendon say they won't trade him, get him to say Lions or PSD (Lions)
I'm not opposed to using the PSD to screw over a club, especially if that club is Collingwood, st Kilda, port, WC, Carlton

Tough part is getting the player who wants to come to us & happy to see their current club get nothing

Not that it will happen, but if it does, Essendon are the worst club to trade with. Parish was pick 4 so they'd be asking for something around that, we'd have to give Ports pick plus something else.

Not that it will happen, but if it does, Essendon are the worst club to trade with. Parish was pick 4 so they'd be asking for something around that, we'd have to give Ports pick plus something else.

Be nice if we could get Schache's new club involved and just have them get whatever we get for him in exchange for Parish.

Be nice if we could get Schache's new club involved and just have them get whatever we get for him in exchange for Parish.
It's very wishful thinking though, obviously in the very very unlikely event that Parish asks to come here. A 3 way deal involving swapping him for Schache on our end would be ideal.

It's very wishful thinking though, obviously in the very very unlikely event that Parish asks to come here. A 3 way deal involving swapping him for Schache on our end would be ideal.

Yeah, it won't happen. Would just be nice.

After watching today, we have ruck issues.
How do we develop Smith with Martin still playing. Clearly the both can't play in the same team as neither is a natural forward. And they make our overall ruck performance worse. Martin is clearly better but coming towards the end of his career may only have 2-3 years left

The options as I see are leave Smith in the NEAFL and he only plays if Martin doesn't & we just hope he doesn't look elsewhere for opportunity.
Play both together & increase my level of irritation from season to season
Or trade Martin. He would have some value & there's a few contending teams with 1st ruck issues who might be looking to do a deal

The pros to trading - we get some more youth into The squad. Archie gets to develop more playing seniors. Martin gets to play some wins before his career ends.

The cons - our ruck gets weaker, we clearly have midfield issues will they get worse. What will we actually get for him & is it gonna actually benefit us long term. We would need extra depth - cop an injury or 2 would only have rookies

I haven't made my mind up about if trading him is good or bad just putting it out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get Harrison Himmelberg. Looking great in that under manned Gaints line up. Gaints would rather trade him to us than send him to Adelaide and make their direct premiership rival stronger. GWS's usual greed for pick 1 would put us in a great spot for a bulk trade.

Hoping for HH from GWS, EH from Adelaide (Noble connection) - shore up our spine long term.

Get Harrison Himmelberg. Looking great in that under manned Gaints line up. Gaints would rather trade him to us than send him to Adelaide and make their direct premiership rival stronger. GWS's usual greed for pick 1 would put us in a great spot for a bulk trade.

Hoping for HH from GWS, EH from Adelaide (Noble connection) - shore up our spine long term.

After watching Skinner in the reserves and McStays last few games I'm not too concerned about our key backs.

After watching Skinner in the reserves and McStays last few games I'm not too concerned about our key backs.
Would be good to find some key backs. Allows Andrews to be a 2nd 3rd tall and mcstay to swing forward or back. His marking would be handy up forward.

I've never seen Skinner. Does he play key back or another 3rd tall type?

Would be good to find some key backs. Allows Andrews to be a 2nd 3rd tall and mcstay to swing forward or back. His marking would be handy up forward.

Skinner is best suited on talls. If he ever gets,a crack at AFL he would be an ideal pairing with Andrews.

Skinner can play either key defence roles ,or interception...he can also ruck,he slipped down the draft while injured,but was regarded top 10,and a terrific leader.With Berry,a potential captain.

If we want to grow and progress up the ladder, we need blokes like Walker and Frost off our list. If Schache leaves as rumoured, there goes our spine depth.

Would rather replace them with QLD talent who are showing potential i.e Himmelberg brothers.

After watching today, we have ruck issues.
How do we develop Smith with Martin still playing. Clearly the both can't play in the same team as neither is a natural forward. And they make our overall ruck performance worse. Martin is clearly better but coming towards the end of his career may only have 2-3 years left

The options as I see are leave Smith in the NEAFL and he only plays if Martin doesn't & we just hope he doesn't look elsewhere for opportunity.
Play both together & increase my level of irritation from season to season
Or trade Martin. He would have some value & there's a few contending teams with 1st ruck issues who might be looking to do a deal

The pros to trading - we get some more youth into The squad. Archie gets to develop more playing seniors. Martin gets to play some wins before his career ends.

The cons - our ruck gets weaker, we clearly have midfield issues will they get worse. What will we actually get for him & is it gonna actually benefit us long term. We would need extra depth - cop an injury or 2 would only have rookies

I haven't made my mind up about if trading him is good or bad just putting it out there.

I think you're missing a massive factor in a ruck situation.

O'mac is looking better every week in the reserves and seems a genuine forward target.

I'm an expert NEAFL watcher based on my viewings of dodgy streams on youtube.
Good to have ruck talent coming through.

I just think Archie & stef aren't compatible.

Would hate to lose Archie cos he can't get opportunity but same time reluctant to trade stef cos he's such a good player & nice to Win at least one aspect of the game most weeks.

But it doesn't change the fact that's Archie's young, Stef's old & we suck now

It's a genuine problem that must 've being discussed at match committee/ list management meetings.

If we want to grow and progress up the ladder, we need blokes like Walker and Frost off our list. If Schache leaves as rumoured, there goes our spine depth.

Would rather replace them with QLD talent who are showing potential i.e Himmelberg brothers.

I'm pretty firmly in the 'we should hold on to Walker' camp. If he can come on a bit as a defender then he'll be a bloody useful utility - he's only 24 and is solid KPF depth as it is. Can't imagine he'd cost too much.

I think we'll definitely see a lot of deadwood being cut by Fagan and co. at the end of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back