2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree 100% but its not young Alex making the alleged negative noise, its his Dad.(allegedly again) Further to that, what better club for a young draftee to play at with a mentor like Luke Hodge by your side in the backline and a coach like Fagan directing traffic & leading the troups? Couldn't think of any other club who offers a better apprenticeship really.

Not that I believe he wants to leave, but most young players can earn good money early on and don't subscribe to the apprentice theory.

Not that I believe he wants to leave, but most young players can earn good money early on and don't subscribe to the apprentice theory.
Again, agree 100%. Young players don't have the wisdom to understand that learning the right way will provide a better return in the long run rather than "living in the moment". That's why its so important they have people around them (ie. manager, parents) to guide them in the right direction.

I believe he is. Hope we go for him instead. Got a good kick on him while also providing the run and carry that Hartung does as well.

I actually really rate some of the delisted free agents this year. Hopefully we can get another Robinson.

Pretty much all of the delisted free agent suggestions. None of them would be best 22 or be around when we next play finals.

And Hocking is definitely not what we need.

In your opinion..Gets a bit tiresome...If you having nothing to offer but nah on thread for a free agent thread then maybe start a thread on who we don't want..

I like the idea of Hocking and even more, Howlett. But Hocking is the only one who has publically started he wants to continue afaik.

I like the idea of Hocking and even more, Howlett. But Hocking is the only one who has publically started he wants to continue afaik.

I like Hockings hard at it attitude.. Howlett is interesting...I also liked like him...Being a WA thought the Dockers might have a real crack at him...not sure if he fits into Ross's plans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IIRC you don't have a high opinion of the "cannon"
I don't rate him at all. He had potential in his first few years but poor leadership, player development and professionalism on his and the clubs behalf have destroyed him. He was delisted by a bottom club that is screaming out for rebounding defenders...

I don't rate him at all. He had potential in his first few years but poor leadership, player development and professionalism on his and the clubs behalf have destroyed him. He was delisted by a bottom club that is screaming out for rebounding defenders...
I think Crameri is the outstanding player of that group,dont know what his fitness is but he's in full training,and local Dogs fans really rate him,and say he has a massive tank.I think he did a lot of the work for Stringer ,and he is certainly a class above Bell and Bewick. Has physical presence, and know how,and would balance our forward set up.Mullet,is also a good footballer, but similarly, injury questions are the concern.

Hocking's an interesting one but I'm still keen on Miles (Richmond)

Miles is 25 years old and would suit our age profile as well as being a hard bodied onballer with 70 games experience (Hocking is more experienced but is 29 and will be 30 before the beginning of the 2018 season)

He was best 22 for the Tigers in 2015 and 2016 before being squeezed out by Prestia and Caddy. Played most of 2017 in the VFL.

According to the Richmond Board he's been offered a one year contract which he has still not accepted citing "looking for more opportunity"

To me is a far better proposition than Hocking

I'm no expert on the workings of the PSD but I'm supposing that if we made him an offer that tops the one on the table from the Tigers, he could enter that Draft as a DFA and be picked up by us?

Last edited:
I cannot believe anybody would suggest Heath Hocking without cracking up with laughter.

Not only is he 30, he's possibly one of the worst kicks in the history of the game and he's played 7 games in the last 3 years.

Definitely falls into the category 'can't believe hes still on a list and wasn't delisted at least 5 years ago'.

I think Crameri is the outstanding player of that group,dont know what his fitness is but he's in full training,and local Dogs fans really rate him,and say he has a massive tank.I think he did a lot of the work for Stringer ,and he is certainly a class above Bell and Bewick. Has physical presence, and know how,and would balance our forward set up.Mullet,is also a good footballer, but similarly, injury questions are the concern.
We are not looking for players that push Bell and Bewick down the list. We want players that will push someone in our top 22 down the list.

Crameri
I think we can put that one aside, his wife just had a baby the past few days, yes he is back fit but see him finding a game at Pies, Tigers, Kangas, although yes he would be ideal and we will see just how good he is this year hopefully taken, no one has seen him fly like Howe but believe me he can do that too.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think if it was 2 or 3 years ago Crameri would be a good pick up, but I've heard he is 'cooked'. Injuries have caught up with him and IIRC his knees or hip is the concern... both of which are very hard to get over at his age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back