VFL 2017 VFL Magpies Off-Season and Recruiting Thread (list finalised! See OP & p14 post 331!)

Remove this Banner Ad

MagpieBat's OP in the linked thread covers that

I still think we could (should) move game #1 to Sunday afternoon, especially with the shorter timing rules for the women's comp, although I understand there probably a logistics issue with 4 teams from both genders to try fit in the confines of the HC, even with a decent break between games.

I still think we could (should) move game #1 to Sunday afternoon, especially with the shorter timing rules for the women's comp, although I understand there probably a logistics issue with 4 teams from both genders to try fit in the confines of the HC, even with a decent break between games.
A VFL/women's double header would be great especially as I can't see huge crowds getting to the women's match given our onfield results. Our women's and VFL players would each have their own change rooms, so it's really just an issue of whether or not we can accomodate 2 visiting teams.

A VFL/women's double header would be great especially as I can't see huge crowds getting to the women's match given our onfield results. Our women's and VFL players would each have their own change rooms, so it's really just an issue of whether or not we can accomodate 2 visiting teams.

Not to be nasty, but maybe get GWS a portable to change in?

A nail on the wall and a cold shower used to be good enough for the visiting team, back in the olden days...

Last edited:

I have heard that Practice game MIGHT be Streamed by the Club

I have heard that Practice game MIGHT be Streamed by the Club
Streaming a VFL practice match is going a bit far isn't it. I love the VFL team and I'd certainly watch it, but how many people would be interested in a try out for the VFL squad and a couple of AFL players going at half pace

Streaming a VFL practice match is going a bit far isn't it. I love the VFL team and I'd certainly watch it, but how many people would be interested in a try out for the VFL squad and a couple of AFL players going at half pace

Well it is for Magpies Fans. Don't think any Money is made from it

Good interview with Chippendale on why he chose Collingwood and some thoughts on Rivers.

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-118-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=52584484

“I would describe myself as a pretty strong one-on-one defender that reads the play quite well, and I hope to get a few intercept marks throughout the game that can benefit my side,” Chippendale said.

“Reading the game is one of my biggest strengths. Especially with how the game’s played these days, intercept marks are highly valued. I think that’s what made me attractive to Collingwood.”

“As much as you want to be playing with good footballers, you want to be playing with good people and be surrounded by good people,” Chippendale said. “That helped with the decision (to choose Collingwood), as well the club’s facilities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the * is this?

I thought Eddie said we ALWAYS where the Black and White Stripes?

I do hope this is just a case of the boys getting their photos done in their training gear for the sheer heck of it, because it would be an absolute disgrace for us to wear that thing on the hallowed turf of Victoria Park in the 125th anniversary game...

I do hope this is just a case of the boys getting their photos done in their training gear for the sheer heck of it, because it would be an absolute disgrace for us to wear that thing on the hallowed turf of Victoria Park in the 125th anniversary game...

That would Prove the Club could not give s**t about the VFL Team then.

Bloody better be our Training Gear

That would Prove the Club could not give s**t about the VFL Team then.

Bloody better be our Training Gear

Not so much the VFL team per se (although that is kinda important) as the past 125 years worth of Magpies who have only ever run out onto Victoria Park in black and white vertical stripes...

Meanwhile, hidden in amongst the outrage is seeming confirmation of the fact that Michael Still appears to be going around for the VFL Magpies again, which is good to see. Those of us who watch this team a bit closer than the rest know what a good player he is at his peak. And with nothing really resembling AFL-listed key forward depth down there, he'll get a game every week if his persistent leg injuries have abated...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back