ATP/WTA Aussie Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

The scheduling has been pretty bad, Murray ended up playing until 3am. Is De Minaur playing next week?

Kyrigios and Ebden are the only two in Toronto, so he has a week off.

Kokkinakis, Purcell and Pohlmans are playing the Aptos Challenger in the US. The Kokk plays Purcell in Round 1.

Banes, Popyrin and Santillian are playing in a Challenger in China.

Awesome result for De Minaur. Clear now that he’s a top 50 player at only 19 years old.
Can’t wait to watch his progress and the first Aussie in a long time we don’t feel guilty supporting. Keeps going like this and he could be a top 30 player come the next Australian open.
A couple of young guys in the top 50 now.
This young group of players are showing some good signs

Massive win by Alex to reach his first ATP final! And at 500 level no less. Saved 4 match points in the 2nd set tiebreak and didn't drop his head after being broken back in the 3rd set.

2nd ATP final after making the Sydney final.

Huge congrats to him, he played some great tennis all week and showed how much fight he has got. One of the better matches of the year with some of the rallies these two were having. The draw has worked out for him perfectly this week but to take advantage as he has at his young age is impressive.

I have a feeling Zverev will be too strong in the final as has tended to happen against the big guys for Alex but if he wins this and Nick loses his Cincy final points, he is going to be very close to Aussie No.1 (and seeded for New york...)

The US Open WC surely has to go to Kubler. Kokk has been in pretty awful since his return from injury and really hope TA don't give it to him this time.

Bizarre no mention of Alex's loss this morning 6-2, 6-4 to Zverev, good fight but Zverev just way too strong. Impressive week which will get him into some big tournaments at the end of this year.

Didn't even watch and I had the opportunity. The crap that tomic and kyrgios dish up all the time has kind of put me off tennis a bit. Where's Barty being lately haven't heard a thing about her for ages

Millman was originally scheduled to play qualies in Toronto but is now not playing at all. Hope he is not injured as he didn't play this week either :think:

Yeah he came back to Australia for a couple of weeks, I think just for a rest. It seemed a strange time to have a break but he has played a lot of tournaments. I see he is still on the list for Cincinnati so perhaps back next week.

Yeah he came back to Australia for a couple of weeks, I think just for a rest. It seemed a strange time to have a break but he has played a lot of tournaments. I see he is still on the list for Cincinnati so perhaps back next week.

Yeah I knew he was back here for a rest but I thought it was only supposed to be a week which made me think of maybe an injury. Probably not though. Yes, he is down for qualies in Cincinnati.

Yeah I knew he was back here for a rest but I thought it was only supposed to be a week which made me think of maybe an injury. Probably not though. Yes, he is down for qualies in Cincinnati.

Yeah have to wait and see I guess. Kubler is concerning me at the moment. I think he maybe injured. Any idea?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick started like a house on fire but ended up suffering a disappointing 3 set loss to Stan.
Nick needs matches, has barely played since Wimbledon and he is someone who needs continuity. Stan is in the same boat and it showed. Wasn't the greatest spectacle Stan just played better in the big moments, I've already written off the rest of this year for Nick anyway. It's about development of his game ATM results are irrelevant or they should be.

Nick needs matches, has barely played since Wimbledon and he is someone who needs continuity. Stan is in the same boat and it showed. Wasn't the greatest spectacle Stan just played better in the big moments, I've already written off the rest of this year for Nick anyway. It's about development of his game ATM results are irrelevant or they should be.

Nick seems like he will never get continuity, probably largely due to the fact he doesn't prepare himself well enough.

I said it a while back but I reckon Nick probably needs surgery for that hip issue. He's had it on and off for ages and if it it hasn't healed by now that's probably his only option.

Signed,

Dr Bumps

Millman retires from the first round of the Cincinnati qualies due to injury :thumbsdown: :think:

Back injury according to the draw but haven't heard how serious it is with no reports from anywhere but when someone retires from that scoreline, it's very concerning.

Good to see Kokk starting to turn around the form, might not mean that much but promising sign at least making that challenger final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back