Fantasy 2018 - Cutthroat League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

No games missed in two decades, one missed a few years ago, so he should be right now, got it out of the way, JD all clear to draft him and not see an injury
Well Brees is going to get killed on the field now. Condolences to the Brees family.

bgt2110 can't select RB or WR, so I am gonna jump in here.

Sunset Strip Riders select....

Jarvis Landry WR Browns

bgt2110 on the clock and then tag GreyWind he'll be next on the clock

That was the other toss up for my selection. Ultimately the tie breaker was the better offence in LA.

Need to type out another email to those useless pricks at ESPN GG.exe and let them know the Chargers base defense has been a 4-3 for over year now.

First they * over the Kurt Benkert fantasy lovers, now they are making a mockery of defensive players correct positions... where will it end?

Need to type out another email to those useless pricks at ESPN GG.exe and let them know the Chargers base defense has been a 4-3 for over year now.

First they **** over the Kurt Benkert fantasy lovers, now they are making a mockery of defensive players correct positions... where will it end?
In my experience, it takes ESPN three years before they notice a player's position has to be updated.
That's what you get with a free fantasy service. Should've stuck with MFL :cool:

Just on Melvin Ingram being a LB only it is because that is what he was drafted at and played mainly in college but the Chargers use him as a DL or have done mostly.

Guy is a beast at the DL possy Fantasy wise but at LB he lacks the tackle counts to be Fantasy relevant at LB sadly. I reckon every season I check to see if ESPN have changed him to DL but they haven’t and he seems to slip through the grading cracks.

Chubb this year is exactly the same and is a LB only but will be talked about in the same way for ages!

Just quirks of the system and it literally affects under 5% of players.

Just on Melvin Ingram being a LB only it is because that is what he was drafted at and played mainly in college but the Chargers use him as a DL or have done mostly.

Guy is a beast at the DL possy Fantasy wise but at LB he lacks the tackle counts to be Fantasy relevant at LB sadly. I reckon every season I check to see if ESPN have changed him to DL but they haven’t and he seems to slip through the grading cracks.

Chubb this year is exactly the same and is a LB only but will be talked about in the same way for ages!

Just quirks of the system and it literally affects under 5% of players.

Chargers ran a 3-4 for Ingrams first few years in the league, he was a LB for sure back then. But they are terrible at updating a teams the correct base defense as GG has said. Ive noticed it plenty of times myself. Only for them to randomly update it half way through a season (did it to me with Vic Beasley, went from a DE to LB in week 5 one year!!) .. The mid year updates piss me off even more than them not updating them before the year starts.

In the past, ESPN used to label these sorts of players as either DE/LB or LB/DE. Dual positions. Which made it very hard when having strict roster rules about only 2 LBs or 2 DEs starting.

The honest truth is, not that anyone will believe me, is that I emailed ESPN and told them to stop giving dual positions to players, went into great detail about it, and suggested they create a new position called Edge. Also Interior (instead of DT/DE) which you sometimes saw too.

They went ahead and followed my advice ;) Created EDGE position. So players now only are either LB or DE. But can either be a LB/Edge or just LB. Or DE/Edge or just DE. Even DT/Edge or just DT.

The way around all this is if I change the positions in Cutthroat (next year not this year).

Where I have say 1 DL, 1 LB, and 2 Edge positions. Something like that.

Chargers ran a 3-4 for Ingrams first few years in the league, he was a LB for sure back then. But they are terrible at updating a teams the correct base defense as GG has said. Ive noticed it plenty of times myself. Only for them to randomly update it half way through a season (did it to me with Vic Beasley, went from a DE to LB in week 5 one year!!) .. The mid year updates piss me off even more than them not updating them before the year starts.
If there was not crontroversy CT would be boring! ;)

Whinge away my friend!

Chubb won't be a DE cause Denver run a 3-4. That's whats annoying. Some players they recognise the teams base defense they run, other players they dont, its pathetic really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some teams defenses change though like a persons jocks with a bad case of gastro!

At the end of the day if you like the player and rate them draft them into what position the site allows and IDP positions are always arse about as teams change schemes.

ESPN is the best fantasy platform by a mile. /discussion.

Its one of the best as a user friendly site for sure.. For genuine accuracy in IDP leagues its the worst, by far.

You watched The League?

About a group of mates playing fantasy football and a great show! Reminds me so much of the banter a few of us AE blokes have every Monday morning in Woodson / Bloods / Balmain etc and on Super Bowl day!

Best show ever and they use ESPN to!

**** ESPN.

Dont worry mate, they'll update Ingram half way thru the year and someone else will reap the rewards of ESPN finally getting his position correct. :D

You watched The League?

About a group of mates playing fantasy football and a great show! Reminds me so much of the banter a few of us AE blokes have every Monday morning in Woodson / Bloods / Balmain etc and on Super Bowl day!

Best show ever and they use ESPN to!
It's ******* awesome. Definitely one of the best ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back